Last Poster #7

Hey everybody! I just found a picture of @Xue Sheng's bedroom!
81FXXMX6uQL.jpg
Everybody on the site knows that ain’t true…. But I am guessing it is what you asked for on your next birthday…. All I ask is to post how many times you get caught chewing on it

Everybody on the site knows that ain’t true…. But I am guessing it is what you asked for on your next birthday…. All I ask is to post how many times you get caught chewing on it
I'd be more worried about the puppies chewing on it...
IMG_6823[1].JPG

I am feeling anxieties creeping up.
It's been over 30 years since I was responsible for keeping up with bills (and many times since I thought I should have done that job)
At least the bills went down a lot.
And I feel that we murdered the rainforest all by ourselves, one bill, one medical record at a time.

So, I decided to garden again.
I bought a couple of roses, in memory of my Dearest and my Aunt. I wanted to grab a yellow raspberry, but they seemed to be all dead. 2 blueberries. I will need to build a compost pile for just them, as I throw most of my eggshells out there. they like it acidic.
I have never really heard of a Nanking Cherry, so I grabbed one, hoping it actually likes my climate, as Wiki said it would not.
The Gooseberry was also dead, and I was sad, but I prefer Currants, which I think are on the index because they might host pine rust.
The Rhubarb last year did it not make it through the dry summer, this year they are going into pots until they are established

And last but not least, if you think the world might end, plant an apple tree.

As far as the plant goes, it looks sad. Just a finger thick stick with buds on it.
But it is EXACTLY what I wanted. a blank slate to train into an espalier. I should go and get another one.

but since this is all a little unplanned, big pots is where everything goes in. (I ran out of dynamite to dig holes)

Are there cables out there that convert an old monitor to an HDMI? I have DVDs to watch but no player other than my old computers.

Are there cables out there that convert an old monitor to an HDMI? I have DVDs to watch but no player other than my old computers.
Probably. You need an HDMI to what specific connector? Amazon has cables to go from HDMI to VGA or RCA etc.

So I put my plants in pots:
Rhubarb 'Victory'
Climbing rose 'Royal Gold' (golly, that rose is a BEAST! the THORNS!!!)
Floribunda rose 'Intrigue'
the Nanking Cherry - we shall see what that is.
and 2 blueberries.
oh, and my Golden Delicious Charlie Brown Apple tree! (I kid you knot, one finger thick twig, maybe 2 1/2 feet tall)

USB and the VGA
and the LAN cable, which the TV has, but no RCA. double ended USB cord might work.
A, which is being phased out, of course.

USB and the VGA
and the LAN cable, which the TV has, but no RCA. double ended USB cord might work.
A, which is being phased out, of course.
you know, there is a bit of irony here. I have an old VGA to RCA connector on my cabinet in what I call my tech museum.... it sits there with a Tandy laptop

I'd been talking to my wife for a while about how she needs her own car, since she needed to borrow my car every night which was interfering with me meeting up with people and me training. She agreed. I told her pretty much that she could go for a used, new, whatever car she wanted if she was paying for it. If she needed me to pay for it, I'd buy her the cheapest method on wheels we could use to get around for now. She agreed.
We went to check out one used for 7k car, both got a sketchy vibe and decided not to continue with them. She asked if we could check out a dealership, I said sure, just know that you (she) don't have enough money in your (her) bank account for that. She agrees.

Well, an hour or two later she finds the perfect new car for her. Turns out she grabbed my checkbook before we left the house to look at the used car she apparently didn't plan to buy, and I'm on the hook for her new car. Its name is Aurora btw.

So much for my saved money. Luckily I'm starting my new job next week.

Back