Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
How was everyone's weekend?
Eventful...

We had family visiting. Which is always fun. A couple of my daughters were talking about baby wearing. Basically using a big piece of cloth and nothing else. I asked how long you could do that.
Turns out you can do it at least to 366 months.

So I ordered a ton of Chinese from doordash. Cool so far. My phone beeps. Text message says xxxxxx is approaching with your food.
Moments later, my daughter says “is that car leaving without the driver?”
Why yes. Yes it is. And there goes the poor woman running after it. Across my land. Across the street. Across the neighbors land and into the NEXT land. Lots here are 1-2 acres. The car misses everything. Everything. Poor woman nearly catches the car. Falls. Car partially catches her foot.
My fleet footed youngest catches the car, despite the head start it had. Practically the first thing the poor woman says is that our food is in the back seat. I haven’t been retired long enough to forget everything yet, so I checked her out, and she’s fine. Just some abrasions where the tire scraped her foot.

I wonder if my next doordash order will be free?

Eventually we have dinner. And open our fortune cookies. Does anyone actually eat those things?
"Procrastination is the fear of success." Ok... "Only tears can bring a dreamer back to earth." Well that's not at all good. "One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory." Wait... Alzheimer's and head injuries are good now? "Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to DIE having left undone."

Darkest fortune cookie series ever.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Eventful...

We had family visiting. Which is always fun. A couple of my daughters were talking about baby wearing. Basically using a big piece of cloth and nothing else. I asked how long you could do that.

So I ordered a ton of Chinese from doordash. Cool so far. My phone beeps. Text message says xxxxxx is approaching with your food.
Why yes. Yes it is. And there goes the poor woman running after it. Across my land. Across the street. Across the neighbors land and into the NEXT land. Lots here are 1-2 acres. The car misses everything. Everything. Poor woman nearly catches the car. Falls. Car partially catches her foot.
My fleet footed youngest catches the car, despite the head start it had. Practically the first thing the poor woman says is that our food is in the back seat. I haven’t been retired long enough to forget everything yet, so I checked her out, and she’s fine. Just some abrasions where the tire scraped her foot.

Eventually we have dinner. And open our fortune cookies. Does anyone actually eat those things?
"Procrastination is the fear of success." Ok... "Only tears can bring a dreamer back to earth." Well that's not at all good. "One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory." Wait... Alzheimer's and head injuries are good now? "Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to DIE having left undone."

Wow! Quite eventful.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was in the seventies here so we went to the river. It was Glorious! Last night I left my bedroom windows open for fresh air, a skunk sprayed somewhere VERY near to the house at around 3 AM. Not cool man, not cool at all.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
looooooong

me and one other guy talked a dude off the ledge til 4 AM in the morning.
Heard a few things I wish I could unhear 🤣
and I am not kink shaming.....just make sure both parties consent....
Oh no, we get this guy in the OR every now and again, he always looks different but you can tell it’s him because of the story…

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Eventful...

I need to find a really big dude who is willing to haul me around the hospital in one of those. I think back to back is better, I don’t need to see where I’m going.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eventful...

Wow. Glad she's okay.

And if those fortune cookies are to be taken seriously, I'd be considered about the next couple weaks. Sounds like they're telling you to do something quick or you're going to get hurt/killed and never be able to do it. I wonder who was packing those up.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was in the seventies here so we went to the river. It was Glorious! Last night I left my bedroom windows open for fresh air, a skunk sprayed somewhere VERY near to the house at around 3 AM. Not cool man, not cool at all.
I only got a sense of smell recently (like last 2 months), so I recently discovered the smell of skunk. Not a fun one. Were you able to air out the house or is it going to have skunk smell for a few months?

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only got a sense of smell recently (like last 2 months), so I recently discovered the smell of skunk. Not a fun one. Were you able to air out the house or is it going to have skunk smell for a few months?
The radiotherapy I had for throat cancer has permanently destroyed by senses of smell and taste. Given some of the smells in the ED, my son (who is a paramedic, so he knows...) considers it my superpower.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The radiotherapy I had for throat cancer has permanently destroyed by senses of smell and taste. Given some of the smells in the ED, my son (who is a paramedic, so he knows...) considers it my superpower.
People always made comments about how it sucked that I didn't have a sense of smell. I mentioned that working in construction, camping, working in the ER, everyone always talked about how bad things smell, so why would I want it.

Now that I have it, I can definitively say I regret being able to smell. More things smell bad than good, so far, everything smells so strong (I'm hoping that's just my brain getting used to it still), and unlike taste, touch or sight, there's no easy way to turn it off for a while if smells overwhelm me or I don't want to smell something.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
sure it was skunk, not an herbal 'remedy'?

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
He didn’t spray the house, it was the next door dog that took a direct hit. If anyone needs the home remedy it is 1 qt. Of 3% H2O2 mixed with 1/4 cup of baking soda and a teaspoon of dawn dish detergent. Once mixed, you have around 10 minutes of reaction time. Rinse and repeat. Nothing works better on your dog or your human.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Super true. The general surgeon was putting vicks on his mask before going in for a foreign body removal today. Strangely enough it was that same guy that @granfire talked off the ledge over the wknd.

Latest Discussions