Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So another thing about vacation...arrived in Denver on a TUesday,, drove to vail that same day. Arrive a Vail stay there until Sunday....I realized Sunday morning that I finally felt relaxed...... shortly thereafter, jump in car and drive back to Denver...on Sunday..... relaxation over, flew out of Denver on Tuesday...you know what...back in the office...still not relaxed as I briefly was on Sunday morning in Vail

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So another thing about vacation...arrived in Denver on a TUesday,, drove to vail that same day. Arrive a Vail stay there until Sunday....I realized Sunday morning that I finally felt relaxed...... shortly thereafter, jump in car and drive back to Denver...on Sunday..... relaxation over, flew out of Denver on Tuesday...you know what...back in the office...still not relaxed as I briefly was on Sunday morning in Vail
I used to say I love to travel. But after years of traveling, I realized that I don't. I love the places we go, the things we do and the things we see. But the actual traveling part of it sucks.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I used to say I love to travel. But after years of traveling, I realized that I don't. I love the places we go, the things we do and the things we see. But the actual traveling part of it sucks.
well, traveling used to be fun when the planes were spacious, the procedure pleasant, and not like being herded like cattle.
Now passengers are just a nuisance in the pursuit of profits.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, traveling used to be fun when the planes were spacious, the procedure pleasant, and not like being herded like cattle.
It's been a long time. The TSA. The dishonest ticket pricing. The delays and cancellations. The shrinking of the seats. The last flight we were on, the pilot spent 20 minutes trying to convince people to sign up for the airlines credit card.
The only fun traveling now is when it's just the two of us on a road trip.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I never really loved travel. I enjoyed Norway, California and even Florida....but I am not a fan of travel, especially if flying is involved and the older i get the more I dislike flying. However I don't mind driving to nearby places like New Hampshire and in the Adirondacks..... but as I age, travel becomes less and less enjoyable..

I have to admit, as far as flying is concerned, the flight on SAS to Norway was not bad. The seats were spacious and the food was good. But still not enough for me to book another flight and go back. And the airline we took to Colorado was ok, but it was cramped and uncomfortable and I would prefer to not do that again.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's been a long time. The TSA. The dishonest ticket pricing. The delays and cancellations. The shrinking of the seats. The last flight we were on, the pilot spent 20 minutes trying to convince people to sign up for the airlines credit card.
The only fun traveling now is when it's just the two of us on a road trip.

The last time I flew Southwest... we had to run to get on the dang thing, it was first come first serve seating and they were not willing to assist us at all with getting at least 2 seats together for my wife and our 8 year old daughter.... told the stewardess that I was not going to have my 8 year old daughter sitting next to a stranger and i wold hold her responsible...she looked at me....shrugged her shoulders and walked away....luckily one passenger who had small children of his own at home switched seats to allow my wife and daughter to sit together..... Then we were delayed while they loaded snacks and coffee on the plane.... and during that time the crew, the stewards and stewardess decided to tell jokes and laugh about airplane disasters.....loudly in the front of the airplane.....never flew Southwest again and I never will..... but then, if I can help it, I won't fly again....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
on a different note...saw something on NHK news this morning that made me do this

facepalm.gif

And although I wish them all the luck in the world.... I find myself thinking..enough already

Screen%20Shot%202022-06-01%20at%209.53.46%20AM.png

With all the added angst that seems to be necessary in remakes today.... Mr Miagi is a world war 2 vet who fought on the American side....and his wife and child are dead.... the head of cobra Kai is a Vietnam vet with all the baggage they could add that may or may not come with that......

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
on a different note...saw something on NHK news this morning that made me do this

facepalm.gif

And although I wish them all the luck in the world.... I find myself thinking..enough already

Screen%20Shot%202022-06-01%20at%209.53.46%20AM.png

With all the added angst that seems to be necessary in remakes today.... Mr Miagi is a world war 2 vet who fought on the American side....and his wife and child are dead.... the head of cobra Kai is a Vietnam vet with all the baggage they could add that may or may not come with that......
............... ! Say it isn't so..... !

I.... do not know how I feel about this.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
well.... I need to get up real early in the morning...drive 4 hours.... take a 2 hour college tour..with the whole family....even the oldest is going to meet us there.... and then drive 4 hours home....... goodnight MT

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's 7:18pm. Can you believe the temperature difference?

93 degree in Austin, Tx.

57 degree in Shell Beach, Ca.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Online person: They had a shovel in the (farm) truck! That is evidence they wanted to murder us (2 people)
internet snickers, as a farm is a place where animals poop, holes need digging, earth or similar material moved.....
2nd Online Person: I have a shovel, and after digging a hole for a small dead body (animal) by hand, I know I can't dig one deep enough for 2 people.

me, as online person 3 links Cornell University's pamphlet on composting dead farm animals, and follows up the concerns of Online person 2 that a small body might not create enough heat to compost, A Cornell suggested a manure pit, and B there once was a story on the news from Gary, In....2 dead people found in a manure pile .
After having read the official composting guide (and not the only one, I might add, just the one with funny illustrations) I called the obviously nefarious perpetrators beginners. (No, seriously! Had they just dumped the bodies in the pile, the evidence of their demise might have been long gone)

Apparently, the friends of Online Person 1 feared for their collective lives and flagged content.
I have been chuckling in disbelief since....

BTW, this is the story

Latest Discussions