Last Poster #7

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where is Buka? I have not heard from him lately.
If he doesn't come on later this week I'll send him a text and reach out/see where he's at. He's got some family stuff that might be distracting him, but knowing him it's equally possible his laptop broke and he doesn't know how to fix it.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he doesn't come on later this week I'll send him a text and reach out/see where he's at. He's got some family stuff that might be distracting him, but knowing him it's equally possible his laptop broke and he doesn't know how to fix it.
Or he's just busy chasing chickens...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
living the full life on the Islands.

Seems we are getting frost here.....(side effects of the meds closely linked. Ouch! Pins and needles from hell!)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
He's training a new fighter.

fight-club-rules.gif

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Some good news to share. My older daughter has been accepted as a PhD candidate in the UW Chemistry department. She was also offered an assistantship, which means she will receive a monthly stipend and all but $250 per quarter of her tuition will be paid by the lab for which she works.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
We will be making Gingerbread this weekend. A family tradition.
Sweet.

I'm making Guyanese Solara for two sides of my family (one of which is actually Guaynese and told me it was really hard and to just buy some, hence the challenge).

It's a big secret what I'm making. Everyone is excited, because I rarely bake, preferring to cook and only eat baked things (which is also the reason I don't bake much).

I thought this was perfect for Christmas, gonna use red and green coloring. Mmhhhhmm. Delicioso.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some good news to share. My older daughter has been accepted as a PhD candidate in the UW Chemistry department. She was also offered an assistantship, which means she will receive a monthly stipend and all but $250 per quarter of her tuition will be paid by the lab for which she works.
That is bloody brilliant, fantastic news, well done to her :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We're thrilled. She works hard. She said that it will probably take five years to finish, but with the assistantship she won't be taking on any debt or need to take on a second job. It's a great situation, and the UW has a fantastic chemistry department.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Something that doesn't often happen
Mrs Xue and the youngest Xue are out shopping for the day
The older Xue is in Texas with his current significant other and family
I took the day off from work...so no paying attention to the work iPhone/email
Just had time to sit at my kitchen table, no TV, no radio, no pod casts running in the background. no arguing about math
drink a nice cup of organic, fresh ground, fresh brewed coffee while enjoying an almond biscotti...or 2
Just sit there, enjoy the silence, drink coffee, eat biscotti and look out the window at winter as the world goes by

Last edited:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantastic news, Steve. Congratulations to her!

Latest Discussions