Last Poster #7

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't tempt me, I was totally going to do that tomorrow.

I'll do two vaccines at once, three seems like a gamble.
My doc suggested against getting three at once (tetanus, shingles, and flu), but apparently only because the cumulative reaction might put me down for a while. So we scheduled the tetanus vaccine with the second round of shingles vaccine.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Officially there has been nothing about that but a few MDs I know say a similar thing, don't get the Covid booster/shot with a flu shot...not sure ab0ut the tetanus, never came up in conversation
I hadn't heard anyone saying that before. Our county health commission's sites regularly do both at once.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My doc suggested against getting three at once (tetanus, shingles, and flu), but apparently only because the cumulative reaction might put me down for a while. So we scheduled the tetanus vaccine with the second round of shingles vaccine.
well, you are officially done for once you get the shingles vaccine!
I got that on good authority from the guy who drove the handicap bus at my husband's workplace!
It reacts with the substances in the Obama Chemtrails and chrrrrr you are done for!

🤣😂

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
H'mmm... I did shingles, flu, and COVID booster. No real issues... kind of cranky the next day.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the coolest things about the US miitary at this time of year: Official NORAD Santa Tracker

It seems that one day, in 1955, an ad was published in the papers with a bad phone number. The phone number was supposed to be for a "talk to Santa" line... but instead, it rang in the Air Defense Bunker at Cheyenne Mountain, on the duty officer's desk. After he realized it wasn't a bad joke... that officer, Colonel Harry Shoup, played along, and directed his crew to provide reports on Santa's location to callers. There are other accounts, but I like this one best. It's grown from there to involve more than 1000 volunteers every year, a website and Facebook presence.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There was a glass that I got my freshman year of college, on what was one of my first dates with my now-wife to comic con. It wasn't anything fancy, just a commemorative glass from that comic-con, probably cost like $30 at most, but I loved it.

It broke my senior year, and for the last 6 years the broken version of it has been hanging out in my parents house, and every few months I try to find it online. Haven't had any luck finding it in all this time.

My dad apparently somehow found it over the summer, and surprised me with it today for christmas. Probably the best gift I've gotten in a very long time.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There was a glass that I got my freshman year of college, on what was one of my first dates with my now-wife to comic con. It wasn't anything fancy, just a commemorative glass from that comic-con, probably cost like $30 at most, but I loved it.

It broke my senior year, and for the last 6 years the broken version of it has been hanging out in my parents house, and every few months I try to find it online. Haven't had any luck finding it in all this time.

My dad apparently somehow found it over the summer, and surprised me with it today for christmas. Probably the best gift I've gotten in a very long time.
That is awesome. Merry Christmas.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That’s the best kind of gift. Very cool!

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

It's the little things in life.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Outside drain in my driveway froze and plugged.....had to clear it out...Merry Christmas.

My youngest is a violist and a pianist...I gave her my old Classical guitar for Christmas. She has been asking to see it and plucking the strings since she was 3. I was not sure how she would react, but she loved it...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Outside drain in my driveway froze and plugged.....had to clear it out...Merry Christmas.

My youngest is a violist and a pianist...I gave her my old Classical guitar for Christmas. She has been asking to see it and plucking the strings since she was 3. I was not sure how she would react, but she loved it...
one of my nieces plays classical guitar. I am considering to gift her one of the electric guitars collecting dust at my house.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
one of my nieces plays classical guitar. I am considering to gift her one of the electric guitars collecting dust at my house.

I kept the Electric and the Electric Bass.. I actually got a Vox for Christmas so I could practice and not annoy anyone

718cTCJzAeL._AC_SL1120_.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Interesting!
But I have at least 6 months before I have to breech the subject with my husband.....he was the one buying them all. I own a headless bass, and lord, I can't play a kazoo....I found it interesting when I saw it in the store (used). HUbs bought it, put new pickups on it, and it has been looking pretty ever since! 🤣

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well no snow on Xmas but it sure is coming down now. Lots of yelling kids out there.
Stages of life, when I was a kid I loved playing in it, as an adult I didn't like driving in it, as an older person I liked watching it from the window. Now, I live where there is no snow and I like hearing posts like yours where kids are yelling and having fun.
"circle of life"......:)

Latest Discussions