Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm done with this week.
A dead 21 year old because he didn't wear a helmet.
A dead 32 year odl pregnant woman because she didn't wear a seatbelt.

The saves don't matter. It's always the ones you lose that stay with you.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Seems like there is less and less Martial Arts talk on Martial Arts talk all the time

Now I await the obligatory "Then post something"....to which I will say obviously you were not paying attention....because I have been.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm done with this week.

Yep

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Seems like there is less and less Martial Arts talk on Martial Arts talk all the time

Now I await the obligatory "Then post something"....to which I will say obviously you were not paying attention....because I have been.
How many times can we have the Your style cant work in real life, or Your styles not as tough as mine, or I want to learn what should I study?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How many times can we have the Your style cant work in real life, or Your styles not as tough as mine, or I want to learn what should I study?

At least once more...

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"How many times can we have the Your style cant work in real life, or Your styles not as tough as mine, or I want to learn what should I study?"

my answer to that is at least some of the first part start some good threads and as for the last part sometimes we can tell the person something that may help them aviod doing something that could get them hurt

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

There is more to talking about martial arts and talking to martial artists than that... at least there use to be.... but sadly that seems to what it has degraded to

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
we come in here to have a bit of banter and stuff cos we all study MA of some description - don't we ?????

i could talk about putting the loud mouth on saturday night (he'd had a skinfull) on his butt --- who thought that cos i was wearing a pair of RDX shorts with "fight me" written down the leg he could have a go at me --- very bad idea :) ;)

today's been a good day for once and i got some respect and told that i'd done a good job with a shed of a tin box that came in to the workshop :) well happy :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
we come in here to have a bit of banter and stuff cos we all study MA of some description - don't we ?????

i could talk about putting the loud mouth on saturday night (he'd had a skinfull) on his butt --- who thought that cos i was wearing a pair of RDX shorts with "fight me" written down the leg he could have a go at me --- very bad idea :) ;)

today's been a good day for once and i got some respect and told that i'd done a good job with a shed of a tin box that came in to the workshop :) well happy :)

I'm not talking about the LPT thread, I know what that is for, I am talking about MT in general.....never mind...been here before... more than once...made no difference and watched some real good people go away because of it.....and MA talk on MT gets less and less all the time.....I'm a dinosaur in the MA world and likely on MT too..... forget I said anything

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Weapons class today and I bet were going to practice nunchaku (i don't like practicing nunchaku) when the nunchaku swings really fast by the side of your head and you hear it making that swinging noise makes me think... I might accidently hit my self in the head

I can't help but agree though it's nice to help people figure out what style to join and such (when i answer a question correctly I feel smart :) ) but it would be good to talk about other stuff

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Weapons class today and I bet were going to practice nunchaku (i don't like practicing nunchaku) when the nunchaku swings really fast by the side of your head and you hear it making that swinging noise makes me think... I might accidently hit my self in the head

I can't help but agree though it's nice to help people figure out what style to join and such (when i answer a question correctly I feel smart :) ) but it would be good to talk about other stuff

Try a triple section staff....now that is some serious head hitting waiting to happen....been there done that

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
fortunately we don't use weapons of any sort cos then we'd be truly dangerous ;)

don't mind helping people decide what form of MA they should take -- just be aware that i'm extremely biased towards muay thai ;)

chicken sandwiches for dinner but no butter/marg allowed so it's chicken on bread and that's it :(

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm done with this week.

For what it's worth - thank you for doing what you do - it means everything!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
fortunately we don't use weapons of any sort cos then we'd be truly dangerous ;)

don't mind helping people decide what form of MA they should take -- just be aware that i'm extremely biased towards muay thai ;)

chicken sandwiches for dinner but no butter/marg allowed so it's chicken on bread and that's it :(

mayo or mustard helps....It's a New World thing.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For as long as there are new martial artists coming into training, just learning the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions