Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that the majority of people that drive on major highways are easily distracted by shinny objects.

The only reason…the absolute ONLY reason for the 30 minute traffic jam (@ 5 mph) I was in this morning was because 2 police cars had their flashing lights on and 3 other cars were parked with them…..OFF the damn road….. and the idiot in front of me had to literally TURN AROUND as he passed so he could look LONGER, and I SERIOUSLY doubt he was the only one DOING THAT!!!!! :banghead:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that the majority of people that drive on major highways are easily distracted by shinny objects.

The only reason…the absolute ONLY reason for the 30 minute traffic jam (@ 5 mph) I was in this morning was because 2 police cars had their flashing lights on and 3 other cars were parked with them…..OFF the damn road….. and the idiot in front of me had to literally TURN AROUND as he passed so he could look LONGER, and I SERIOUSLY doubt he was the only one DOING THAT!!!!! :banghead:
Yep. I've been standing at an accident and had 3 more happen in less then 10 min because people were to busy looking at us and not the road.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yep. I've been standing at an accident and had 3 more happen in less then 10 min because people were to busy looking at us and not the road.

Yeah, after nearly 2 decades of driving major highways to my offices I have seen that a few times, the worst for this in my experience (in my area) is the NYS Thruway. The worst one I saw, that actually made me give up trying to get to work was 5 accidents (and there may have been more) before the actual accident that caused the problem in the first place. At the 5th accident I was at an exit and took it as a sign and went home...after 3 hours in traffic.

Seen 3 prior to the main as well, more than once, but I still went to work......I don't know why.....apparently 2 hours was not enough to make me give up and go home

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, after nearly 2 decades of driving major highways to my offices I have seen that a few times, the worst for this in my experience (in my area) is the NYS Thruway. The worst one I saw, that actually made me give up trying to get to work was 5 accidents (and there may have been more) before the actual accident that caused the problem in the first place. At the 5th accident I was at an exit and took it as a sign and went home...after 3 hours in traffic.

Seen 3 prior to the main as well, more than once, but I still went to work......I don't know why.....apparently 2 hours was not enough to make me give up and go home

Thats one reason if Im responding to calls for service that require lights and sirens, I sometimes just leave them off. I can get there faster and cause less problems with traffic If I just drive there fast

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Well, a ruggedly handsome man in a uniform can probably be quite distracting to some.

Speaking of distractions: I was driving down the street I live on, which has a 25 MPH limit that too many people exceed. Anyway, there was a couple in their front yard yelling and waving at me as I was driving. I looked at my speedometer and I was actually traveling a little under the limit. I looked back them and gave them the 'shrug' sign that indicated that I don't know what they want. With their distraction I almost hit a deer that crossed the road in front of me. They were probably warning me about the deer crossing. lol

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, a ruggedly handsome man in a uniform can probably be quite distracting to some.

Speaking of distractions: I was driving down the street I live on, which has a 25 MPH limit that too many people exceed. Anyway, there was a couple in their front yard yelling and waving at me as I was driving. I looked at my speedometer and I was actually traveling a little under the limit. I looked back them and gave them the 'shrug' sign that indicated that I don't know what they want. With their distraction I almost hit a deer that crossed the road in front of me. They were probably warning me about the deer crossing. lol

Use to have people chase me down while I was driving (beeping and pointing and trying to pull along side to yell) to let me know the door to my gas cap was open...not my gas cap was off...the door that covered the gas cap...... :rolleyes: Got that thing fixed pretty darn fast.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Try a triple section staff....now that is some serious head hitting waiting to happen....been there done that

Maybe and possibly hit the opponent twice, two good hits is better than one good hit or maybe even consecutive hits

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Maybe and possibly hit the opponent twice, two good hits is better than one good hit or maybe even consecutive hits

If you're not careful it is real easy to whack yourself in the back of the head too. Took the glasses off my face once and waited a full 15 seconds before they hit the ground. Also watched a guy that I know was very good with triple section doing a demo with the real wood triple section staff. He lost his focus for a split second and the next thing he knew is he was waking up nose down in the grass

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I remember first practicing nunchaku, i was the only student at the time who hasn't practiced nunchaku. I had to use foam everyone else used wood one guy had a metal pair that could also switch as short stick. And when I finally got wooden i hit my fingertips and funny bone (PS it wasn't funny... And sadly that's not the worst place I've accidently hit myself with nunchaku but i'm not going to go there though..) I prefer weapons i can hold on to like bo or dao which you keep a good grip on

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I remember first practicing nunchaku, i was the only student at the time who hasn't practiced nunchaku. I had to use foam everyone else used wood one guy had a metal pair that could also switch as short stick. And when I finally got wooden i hit my fingertips and funny bone (PS it wasn't funny... And sadly that's not the worst place I've accidently hit myself with nunchaku but i'm not going to go there though..) I prefer weapons i can hold on to like bo or dao which you keep a good grip on

Yup, triple section was cool but no where near as cool as a Guandao and I never hit myself with a guandao :EG:

I prefer a Dao or a jian myself too

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't known much about either weapon i know my instructor has a guan dao and he let me practice with it (it was pretty cool) and jian i get to practice bogua circle stepping with it.
The dao i practice forms with is the Liuyedao but just one form (xing yi, Lin wan dao form) I'm not quite certain how well I actually do but I have been complements by my instructor and one of the sifu

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i push the limits of what my legs can handle :) i gotta go back to physio tomorrow so hoping that i've not done too much damage cos otherwise i'll get punished for it lol ;)

i got fight club tomorrow night too - looking forward to it - 2 hours of doing battle with emily's right hand again lol ;) she's the only person at FC that's TKO'd me -- talk about a challenge lol :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't known much about either weapon i know my instructor has a guan dao and he let me practice with it (it was pretty cool) and jian i get to practice bogua circle stepping with it.
The dao i practice forms with is the Liuyedao but just one form (xing yi, Lin wan dao form) I'm not quite certain how well I actually do but I have been complements by my instructor and one of the sifu

The Guandao was great but I did not train it long, it is too big to practice with in my basement and I think my neighbors back then would have freaked out if I was in my back yard with a big knife on a stick. And I am quiet certain that my current neighbors would react much the same

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like shiny objects shiny watch, shiny sword, shiny box, shiny rock pretty much stuff pretty much stuff that is distracting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.