first move in a REAL fight

casper12

White Belt
Reaction score
me myself when the attacker approaches i think a sliding front snap kick to the abdomen would hunch him over for the knees to go to work. yet when hes hunched u have control and can do what works for u.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I slip his first punch and snap his arm across my chest while kicking his legs out from under him. Then I would grab his collar bone and push his chin away with my free hand...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The first move in a real fight is to determine if it is a real fight.
The second instantly follows and that is this is a real fight, no rules or honor is going to help you survive. You must do what it is to survive the conflict.

:)

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
first move?why I would just jump spin around and give him the sholin two finger eye poke!ha!that will teach him to mess with me!mwahahahahahahah

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
.........and then I'd pick him up by his side burns grab his mobile phone and make him phone his mum and explain to her what he had done wrong and how important is is not to try and bully innocent guys like Odin!.....then I would shout really really loud in his left ear and walk away.....dusting my hands as i walk.

soul_sword34

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Like everyone has stated. Depends on so many undeterminable factors. When I train for this exact scenario I have several different techniques and I'd probably go with my favorite. Offshoot of "7 Blows of the Dragon".

I'd come from a 0 point perception in a non-assuming stance, i.e. relaxed standing position with my right foot slightly forward, knees slightly bent (knees naturally bend in a fear response). My hands would be non-assuming as well. Usually folded with my thumbs tucked in my belt or waistline. Chin would be down and eyes averted up non-focus through opponent. Whole bunch of other subtle things. When the accurate range is detected I'd lead with my initial response. Which would be a right veriticle knuckle to the point below the nostrils. Screw groin kicks, they usually won't work to stop a big guys momentum before he tackles you. What technique comes next would be hard to say. Probably a left palm heel to the side of his jaw, right verticle to xiphoid, left shuto to the throat and two rolling back knuckles to his nose off his direct centerline. KiaiiiiiiiiiiiahhhhKiiaiiiiiiiaiiiaiiaiaikiaiAiyah!!!!!!!!! That's it for me.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
soul_sword34 said:
Like everyone has stated. Depends on so many undeterminable factors. When I train for this exact scenario I have several different techniques and I'd probably go with my favorite. Offshoot of "7 Blows of the Dragon".

I'd come from a 0 point perception in a non-assuming stance, i.e. relaxed standing position with my right foot slightly forward, knees slightly bent (knees naturally bend in a fear response). My hands would be non-assuming as well. Usually folded with my thumbs tucked in my belt or waistline. Chin would be down and eyes averted up non-focus through opponent. Whole bunch of other subtle things. When the accurate range is detected I'd lead with my initial response. Which would be a right veriticle knuckle to the point below the nostrils. Screw groin kicks, they usually won't work to stop a big guys momentum before he tackles you. What technique comes next would be hard to say. Probably a left palm heel to the side of his jaw, right verticle to xiphoid, left shuto to the throat and two rolling back knuckles to his nose off his direct centerline. KiaiiiiiiiiiiiahhhhKiiaiiiiiiiaiiiaiiaiaikiaiAiyah!!!!!!!!! That's it for me.

...your you could shout really loud in his ear! ( :

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I train in TKD in addition to my other styles, but I would never lead off with a kick of any kind. After reading several posts most are leading with some sort of kick. I wonder how many have actually used their "primary" move in an altercation.

soul_sword34

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
searcher said:
I train in TKD in addition to my other styles, but I would never lead off with a kick of any kind. After reading several posts most are leading with some sort of kick. I wonder how many have actually used their "primary" move in an altercation.

I've used the verticle knuckle I posted about earlier and it works very well even when being charged. It must come from 0 perception though to be most effective. A real man stopper.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
thaiboxer said:
What would be the first move you would try to perform if confronted in a real fight? (lets just say the opponent is standing, almost front on, with his arms slightly raised to his chest and clinched for arguments sake), what would be your first killer move?

Ive decided Id scream "Not in the face, not in the face!"

wowzer77

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
In a fight where around where I live and with the people I'm around, the first thing your opponent would do is push you with both arms and look mean. As he was about to push, I'd either kick him in the face or in the kneecap. In your situation, I'd wait for him to do something and counter it accordingly.

soul_sword34

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
wowzer77 said:
In a fight where around where I live and with the people I'm around, the first thing your opponent would do is push you with both arms and look mean. As he was about to push, I'd either kick him in the face or in the kneecap. In your situation, I'd wait for him to do something and counter it accordingly.

Oh a two hand push, easy! Verticle knuckle again. LOL. If the big bad ugly is longer then I'd go for a wrist. Kote Gaieshe more than likely.

Haze

Blue Belt
Reaction score
thaiboxer said:
ok i know its a hypothetical question and there ar emany variables, but really i was only after say a general answer, to see if any were the same or whatever.
Lets just say its in a pub with limited room to move (because its a bit squishy) and this bloke has merely made eye contact, and then procedded to fire up.
Well, I don't drink anymore so me being in a pub/bar probably won't happen so this situation won't come up. But if I am ever in a pub and this does happen I'll try the things that were written here. :)

Thanks

Slippery_Pete

Green Belt
Reaction score
thaiboxer said:
What would be the first move you would try to perform if confronted in a real fight? (lets just say the opponent is standing, almost front on, with his arms slightly raised to his chest and clinched for arguments sake), what would be your first killer move?

yell "NO" and turn and run as fast as I could

MMAfighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
in a streetfight i'd throw jabs and crosses. Because i know that since the guy hasn't trained anything he/she would be throwing wild haymakers...and the best way ti fight against haymakers and to throw shorter distanced punches IE straight punches...hehe...or takedown or clinch and throw or clinch and knee. Or kick to the groin and run.

Latest Discussions