first move in a REAL fight

joshpb

White Belt
Reaction score
Not sure how well it would work, but I always like the idea of a ducking roundhouse (ducking left roundhouse to chest). This is number 6 in our kicking one-steps.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Look at them with a very serious look and say "Don't I go to church with your mother?" Half of the time they will turn and run if they don't it will give you a good half of a second to set your next move up.

Don't laugh at this one. It works.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
What you say about my MAMA!? That can start a fight right there. LOL. Say that and then throwdown or he will be first to strike. LOL. PEACE

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
i would back up and get into a well balanced defensive stance with plenty of room between us so i could size him up, i would maintain full eye contacted.

I would wait and watch to see when the moment of cognition in his brain happens. (that's when you read the opponent and you can actually tell the moment they think of what their next move is.)

then i would intercept their attack (which is a great way to rattle your opponent) and proceed with some nice exploitation of their weakened position, IE. counterattacks (if they are still trying to get off some strikes), combos (if you are feeling like delivering some punishment.), or just finding holes in there defense for some trapping or a take-down.

but to be honest anything could happen in a fight but the answer to the question, that would be my first killer move.

then again i might just break their jaw if given the opportunity.

lol

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I still think pointing at the guy next to you and saying, "He did it." is the best idea...

mjd

Green Belt
Reaction score
No reason to do anything except hold your ground, 99% will back off as soon as they decide you are not going anywhere.

The 1%, wait until they make the first move, go from there, these things can not be pre-planned only reactive.

If your training is broad enough and steeped in experience this should not be much of a problem.

People who clinch typically want fight on the outside, that's why they clinch to keep you outside, I would most likely go inside and do throat damage.

Latest Discussions