Wing Chun competing in Cage

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And now it's officially High Summer, and July is soon to be a memory, with summer at its most August...:lfao:

Its been over 2 mos. since the OP has logged on. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that, a) the OP will most likely not be back, b) the fight never happened, and c) if it did happen, we probably won't hear about it, due to the OP not being here. :idunno:

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
you forget, hubby is invincible. we won't hear about it because they are on the lamb after killing his opponent.

jf

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
you forget, hubby is invincible. we won't hear about it because they are on the lamb after killing his opponent.

jf

If her myspace status is any indication, "hubby" isn't hubby anymore.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mock them all you want , but as far as I'm concerned that girl and her husband both had great insight into the nuances of the Wing Chun system.

I had interesting conversations with the both of them , discussing our system and to me it is irrelevant how he did in the cage or if he even competed.
Though I wished them all the best , they both knew my views , it is a self defence system not a sport.

They both gave a lot of good advice to new Wing Chun students that came on here searching for solutions to various problems.

If we disregard all the stupid arguments that went on about ground fighting , and purely go on their knowledge of Wing Chun then I will say that their knowledge was quite sound.
I for one wish that they would start contributing on the Wing Chun forum again.

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well effing said mook, I have been lurking about reading everything since my departure to posting on the forums, but I felt it necessary to add a bit of support to this topic, They offered me a lot of good advice and encouragement when I had just started out with wing tzun and this forum. I think it's ridiculus people would mock them some 2 months after there last post, seems as if martial arts doesn't quite fill the role of anger management for some. -shrugs- I hope that he competed and learned something about himself, and I hope her studies continue to be fruitful as well, should they ever come across this, know I won't forget the help either of you have offered me any time soon and that I wish you both the best.

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Belittling someone isnt a nice thing to do, especially when you dont know the facts. Laughing at someone elses misfortune is low, very very low. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I really like this forum but sometimes posts really p1ss me off. Dont mind some good debating and difference of opinions but mocking???

I totally agree with MJM and Nab.

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
like nab. that lady always good advice and was more than welcome to give it and to back up her arguements with sound logic.
for me, her contributions will be missed!

and outside of this tiny forum.each others lives are their own!

matsu

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding the departure, mocking, the ground fighting and cage fighting discussions.....anyone is free to post, come and go as they choose. Often times, especially on forums, it can be hard for others to get the point you're trying to make, due to the fact that the emphasis on the post could be lost, due to the fact that you're reading, not hearing what is being said, thus things can be misunderstood. Of course on the other hand, some people can be so set in their ways, that they are too stubborn to see or hear what others are saying, hence, they get upset, cry foul and leave.

I think in the case here, while its fine to be passionate about your art, it may not always be a good idea to be so closed to other things, and that IMO, I feel was one of the issues. People with more ground and ring fighting were offering comments, met with resistance, and the tense began.

Additionally, this isn't the first thread that spoke of her husband fighting in the cage, so for me at least, with all of the hype about it, I was curious to whether or not it actually happened.

In closing I'll say this....both her and her other half/ex-other half, if thats the case, are welcome to return if they choose.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think its anybody's bloody business except their own whether they are still together or not .

Its just not something that should be discussed on a public internet forum :angry:

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
i'm sure they were very knowledgeable about wing chun. but when you come to a public place MA forum, talk smack about other members, talk smack about other styles, brag about your invincibility, refuse to listen to anyone else, & just generally talk a lot of ****, you're going to bring down a bit of ridicule. they were a classic example of dishing it out but not being able to take it.

i don't wish divorce on anybody. but after all the cooing & bragging in public, it is a bit ironic.

jf

Reactions: MJS

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think its anybody's bloody business except their own whether they are still together or not .

Its just not something that should be discussed on a public internet forum :angry:

But its ok to post it on myspace which is public? And yes, while myspace can be set to a 'friends only' read, however, in this case, it is public read.

On that note though, I do agree...the topic of this thread is WC competing in the cage, not a divorce hearing.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i'm sure they were very knowledgeable about wing chun. but when you come to a public place MA forum, talk smack about other members, talk smack about other styles, brag about your invincibility, refuse to listen to anyone else, & just generally talk a lot of ****, you're going to bring down a bit of ridicule. they were a classic example of dishing it out but not being able to take it.

i don't wish divorce on anybody. but after all the cooing & bragging in public, it is a bit ironic.

jf

QFT!!! IMHO, that was the case here.

OP
Si-Je

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow. I haven't been on here in a long while, been busy. I didn't realize so many folks looked at my myspace site. And yes, we're seperated and headed for divorce, I didn't realize so many were really that interested. I'm getting a divorce, it happens. He's a great martial artist just not a good spouse/partner. That being said... I'm pretty open with my life some aren't, I just am.

And no, unfortunatelly we never got word back from that promoter for the fight. I'm thinking the fight fell through some how. But, since I was the one doing all the research and hunting down promoters I just don't have the time to devote to that with college going on, my kiddo, starting a new job, moving and now, getting a divorce. I really realized that he didn't really want to fight about 4-5 months ago, I tried to encourage him and help him train but hey, if someone's not motivated to do it you can't make them.
I was very excited when he decided to fight. (Actually that's all I've heard from him in the past three years) And was hoping to promote his fight online so folks would see it. But, that backfired on me. :(
I'm sure if you go to www.wingchunfightclub.com you'll see plenty of new video of WC fighters in the ring. They seem to really do nothing there but fight in competition. And, they've got a few videos of fights too.

Sorry guys, I built it all up and I really didn't intend to let ya'll down. I really thought he was gung ho for competition. Said he was. But, since the promoter stopped contacting us on the fight and keep telling me that it was delayed we really couldn't do much about it.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am glad you are back, or at least posting.
icon14.gif