Who would you choose to be your bodyguard?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's easy for me, my instructor who is a close close protection officer! Trained in the military now a civvie.
But I'd have Jason Stratham just for..............well - use your imaginations lol!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So I guess it would have been fun. Or at least fun back then.

Yes it was..40 bucks a night, all you could drink, more girls that you could imagine and the chance to get your teeth kicked down your throat if your skills we BS..

Rich Parsons said:
I try to avoid most of that now.

Same here....I use to work in clubs that you couldn't pay me to visit..

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm thinking... Christina Aguilera.

She'd be great protection, I mean who the heck would be paying attention to me if she was there heh.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes it was..40 bucks a night, all you could drink, more girls that you could imagine and the chance to get your teeth kicked down your throat if your skills we BS..

Same here....I use to work in clubs that you couldn't pay me to visit..

WOW - Brother form another Mother you walked a similiar path. :)

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
"I'd choose so-and-so 'cause he's a martial artist who can kick ***!"

Wrong answer. Dead wrong if you really need that sort of personal security.

Bodyguarding is a highly skilled profession. There's a lot more to it than being able to punch and kick. If I had to name a specific person it would be Cliff Stewart or someone he recommends. Cliff has been doing bodyguarding for high-profile people (Wesley Snipes, Sultan of Oman, etc.) for decades. He knows how it's done. Otherwise I'd look up some retired Secret Service agents who had done a variety of protection detail assignments, preferably ones who had also done a stint or two teaching it at FLETC. They're the pros. That's what they do.

Bingo. Personal security is an art and skill all by itself. Plus, as a family friend (and former secret service ) once told me - one man CAN'T protect you from a real threat. It takes a team.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The same person that's taking care of me now. The person I most trust with my life. The person who has my best interests at heart. The person that's with me 24/7. Me.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Barney, everybody hates that damn purple dino, so while they were busy thrashing him, I could make a clean get-away.

Seriously though, I would have to pick a former Secret Service guy who was on Presidential detail at one point.

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The same person that's taking care of me now. The person I most trust with my life. The person who has my best interests at heart. The person that's with me 24/7. Me.

Would this be considered the same as a surgeon performing an Operation on himself, or an Attorney defending himself in court?

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I haven't read the thread yet, but the Busch family (Anheusier-Bush company -- King of Beers, etc...) picked Grandmaster Bong Yul Shin.

I think GM Shin has finally retired from the job, although they still talk him into taking trips with them now and then from what I hear.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Would this be considered the same as a surgeon performing an Operation on himself, or an Attorney defending himself in court?

I'm not actually sure. Could be, but I'll take my chances.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In deferance to my wife. I'd either choose Kathy Long or Bridgett Riley. Although, with Bridgett around, no one would be lookin' at me.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
One of my former TSD instructors... Master Jeff Litterel...

"Mr. L" is a 4th Dan in TSD... and also holds a dan rank in Hapkido under GM Ji Han Jae... who he trained under personally...

Jeff has had a "Federal job" for several years now... and I'd trust him to protect anything that I loved...

A close runner up (at least for me) would be my first Modern Arnis Guro. I worked with the man for a few years... and could always count on him to clean up my "problem calls"...

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

P.S. Other than that... any women with PMS! I'd just tell them that the person said they were fat... and then toss some chocolate towards the person in question! Poor soul would never stand a chance! :ultracool

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Barney, everybody hates that damn purple dino, so while they were busy thrashing him, I could make a clean get-away.
:lool: Excellent bydand...

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lool: Excellent bydand...

Unless he was being mobbed by a bunch of crazed 4-year-old Ninjas sent to kill him on a training mission, in which case they would start dancing around at Barney's command, allowing him to make his getaway...

Latest Discussions