who?!? for president 2008

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
If Hillary is up to bat then I'm going to vote for her hands down. I don't really care what her political bent is, I just want to help make history by puting a woman in the oval office.

Wow... so, if Condeleeza Rice decides to run, regardless of her policies, you would vote for her right? Just because of her gender and color? Or how about someone who did try and run, Elizabeth Dole?

I assume you would vote for Obama simply because he is black?

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Give me a freakin' break. The Republican Lie Machine has been slandering Senator Clinton for sixteen years. ... But go with truth, not lies and slander for crying out loud.

Do you REALLY think the Democrats are any more truthful? If you believe that, you are simply swallowing the Blue propaganda instead of the Red.

What we need is a White Party.

They are all, Dems and Repubs, so privileged as to be completely out of touch with the common man, liars and self-indulgent aristocrats.

Meet the new plutocrats, same as the old plutocrats, to paraphrase "The Who."

"So are they all, all honorable men ... " (as sacastically stated by Marc Antony in "Julius Caesar")

I might vote for McCain. At least he was someone who put his life on the line for this country, who did some hard time in a foreign war prison and stayed faithful. Any privilege he enjoys is at least earned.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow... so, if Condeleeza Rice decides to run, regardless of her policies, you would vote for her right? Just because of her gender and color? Or how about someone who did try and run, Elizabeth Dole?

I assume you would vote for Obama simply because he is black?

I'd vote for a black lesbian for the exact reasons I stated above. All politicians are corrupt, might as well make a vote that will shake up the Old Boys Club a little.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had an interesting thought a few days ago about the presidency...

Consider if I joined the army. I demand to be made general directly upon my arrival. I have minimal knowledge of the army to start with, so of course they laugh at me. I'd have to work my way through the ranks.

Now, why is the president different? I would hope they would have at least -some- kid of military service, so they have cursory familiarity with the military... Why should someone with no military experience be immediately put in charge of millions of soldiers?

That was one of my major problems with Bill Clinton, and I'd have issues w/ any president that did not have at least some military service.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the negative rep (whoever you are). I didn't make the statement, nor do I agree with it but I have a sense of humor. Maybe you should get one? Jeesh.
And by the way, If you knew anything about me you'd know that I'm as far from being a sexist pig as a man can get.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd vote for a black lesbian for the exact reasons I stated above. All politicians are corrupt, might as well make a vote that will shake up the Old Boys Club a little.
Just make sure you hurting the right people. Look what happens evey time someone votes for the green party. Republicans donate to them you know.
Sean

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
And by the way, If you knew anything about me you'd know that I'm as far from being a sexist pig as a man can get.

It doesnt matter if they know you or not,Qui-Gon...
The beauty of the rep system is that you can take shots at people just because you disagree with what they say and do it without being out in the open! It doesnt matter that you are not a sexist, what matters is that that wanted to make an assumption about you! :)

I wouldn't worry about it.

Whoever neg repped him for that, please.. get a sense of humor.

Back to topic. After doing some research, McCain looks pretty good :]

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The beauty of the rep system is that you can take shots at people just because you disagree with what they say and do it without being out in the open! It doesnt matter that you are not a sexist, what matters is that that wanted to make an assumption about you! :)

I couldn't care less about reps Joshua. I'm on this site because I like the people and the topics. I do appreciate the positive reps but I find it interesting to get called a sexist pig because I laughed at a joke. Oh well...

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If Condie were running, I'd take a hard look at voting for her. Right now, Bro Romney is looking fairly good although I'm still investigating his history.

I believe that the dems will probably win the white house and heaven help us. Even though I lean hard to the right, I'd rather have one party in control of the presidency and the other in the congress---it helps to keep the parties from accomplishing something to our detriment; which is what most of their accomplishments seems to be: to the detriment of America.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score

in all honesty, I find that kind of sad... I'd rather vote for someone that is actually competent, not someone just because they are novel. I personally don't care if we have a woman president or a minority president, as long as they are most qualified.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Not

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Every election I can't help but think this

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.
- Plato - Born: 428 B.C.- Died: 347 B.C.

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
in all honesty, I find that kind of sad... I'd rather vote for someone that is actually competent, not someone just because they are novel. I personally don't care if we have a woman president or a minority president, as long as they are most qualified.

well put. I agree

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If Condie were running, I'd take a hard look at voting for her. Right now, Bro Romney is looking fairly good although I'm still investigating his history.

I believe that the dems will probably win the white house and heaven help us. Even though I lean hard to the right, I'd rather have one party in control of the presidency and the other in the congress---it helps to keep the parties from accomplishing something to our detriment; which is what most of their accomplishments seems to be: to the detriment of America.
You would Vote for Condie Rice? OMFG
Sean

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lurk:

fascinating...I find reading the opinions of other countries voters simply fascinating. The opinions and views really open my eyes and help me better understand the struggles of those people south of me. Just a friendly little reminder, people. Please keep it polite and respectful. I, for one, would hate to see this thread go in the sewer.

Thanks.