who?!? for president 2008

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
She lies on cue, for one thing. She is not doing so hot as an apologist for any ball dropping that went on on sept 10th. Perhaps by design, now that you mention it. HMMMMM
Sean

Interesting, you mentioned that you didn't like McCain either? Also, do you have any picks for 08'?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet.

It's not going to be my former governor though. I campaigned for Romney, got invited to his inaugural ball in a great celebration where we all got to laugh at him trying to conduct the Boston Pops...but as governor, he fell flat. He has only been in Massachusetts an average of 3 days out of 7, opposition to him has all but destroyed any sliver of an opposition party in Massachusetts.

He had tough talk and great ideas...but when it came time to own up to them...he fell flat.

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Too soft on the palestinians for my taste, but not a bad choice otherwise.
I agree. When it comes to the issues of Israel and Palestine, I'm pro Israel.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Clinton. For no better reason than she makes everyone angry. Also, O'Riley told me to. Who disagrees with Pappabear?

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet.

It's not going to be my former governor though. I campaigned for Romney, got invited to his inaugural ball in a great celebration where we all got to laugh at him trying to conduct the Boston Pops...but as governor, he fell flat. He has only been in Massachusetts an average of 3 days out of 7, opposition to him has all but destroyed any sliver of an opposition party in Massachusetts.

He had tough talk and great ideas...but when it came time to own up to them...he fell flat.

I live in Manchester, NH and your state is always in our news. haha. I've heard the same things about him. Too bad he fell flat with the tough talk.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I live in Manchester, NH and your state is always in our news. haha. I've heard the same things about him. Too bad he fell flat with the tough talk.

Yeah, I noticed that! I work in the Granite State...LOL

It is a shame. I wanted to like Romney but...there just wasn't enough there.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

My god... he is presidential material!
icon10.gif

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that! I work in the Granite State...LOL

It is a shame. I wanted to like Romney but...there just wasn't enough there.

Move up here! Less taxes, besides we get to live free and die. You guys get the Red Sox. They only pay off once every 86 years. And the Patriots..please.

Okay Wayyyy off topic.

I think it's going to come down to Clinton vs McCain.
And I think Clinton will be the first woman president. This is just a gut feeling I have.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Move up here! Less taxes, besides we get to live free and die. You guys get the Red Sox. They only pay off once every 86 years. And the Patriots..please.

Okay Wayyyy off topic.

I think it's going to come down to Clinton vs McCain.
And I think Clinton will be the first woman president. This is just a gut feeling I have.
Learn to enjoy that feeling:ultracool
Sean

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hilary as president... *shudder*

And I always thought the Anti Christ would be a man ...

;) :)

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
out of curiosity, does it bother people up there that she is not a native New Yorker and only went there to get elected?
Absolutely, we have enough native politicians who do next to nothing for upstate.

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sheesh, I told myself to stay out of political debates, bad self bad!

And Tellner, that _was_ a joke, holy crap.

Personally, I don't trust the woman, why? for the same reasons you stated in a post following. Anyone who'd go to a state simply to get any way into the white house... well it seemed fishy back then, and even moreso after seeing her lackluster performance. It's clear as day that it was simply getting the pegs on the resume so she could shoot for the top, wether that's 2008 or 2012.

What I want? Is a non-politician. Find me a good honest person, wether they're purple, blue, hermaphrodite or eunich, or even just a guy or gal. I don't want spin, this way or that way, just someone who'd shoot straight. But those kinds of people don't seem to run for office ;p.

Latest Discussions