What nonfiction book are you currently reading?

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Reading the Bible with the Damned, Bob Eckblad.

and,

Fighting Forms, Matthew Miller.

And about 12 others I'm partway through. :rolleyes:

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just finished reading 'Fair Game' by Valerie Plame Wilson.

This book documents Ms. Wilson's point of view in the outing of her covert status with CIA by the White House Administration.

This is her first book, and it is not the most coherently written book I have ever read. I suppose the fact that the early chapters were heavily redacted by the CIA also contributes to the difficulty in reading those chapters.

There is a section written by another author in the book, that does include much of the information that was redacted by the CIA; information that is in the public domain.

For instance, Ms. Wilson began her career in the CIA in 1985. The CIA will not allow Ms. Wilson to publish or say this publically; despite the fact that this data point has been introduced into the Congressional Record and is completely public information. Oh, the irony.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Current non-fiction bedtime read is "The World Turned Upside Down - Medieval Japanese Society" by Pierre Francois Souyri.

It seems competently researched and is very well structured for referencing as the chapters are well sub-divided and titled. Especially given that it is a translation, the English is very readable and phrased in such a way that the 'facts' sink in rather than get glossed over.

I'm only half way through but I'd recommend it for the library of anyone interested in Japanese history that is pre-Mejii Restoration.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The Demon in the Freezer by Preston.

OK, that was scarier than the Hot Zone, nice look at historical smallpox, the evidence/proof of weaponized smallpox, and weaponized anthrax.

Lamont

Have you read "Germs"? Some of the figures in that book were just creepy. Fear of nuclear weapons got moved to the backseat when compared to bio-weapons.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Right now I'm reading "The Undercover Economist" by Tim Harford, and "The Terror Conspiracy" by Jim Marrs.
I'm also going back through "Bison Newsletter, the complete collection" and "The Frugal Survivalist, Disaster Preparations Under $500", both cheap ebooks by Jim Dakin.
I've been a fan of his Bison Survival Blog for awhile, and was reading his Bison Newsletter for even longer. Great material.

I'm also reading "The Undercover Economist". Very interesting, so far.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Currently reading Ethics for the New Millenium by His Holiness The Dalai Lama and Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm just getting into Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey to supplement the 'Financial Peace University' online course.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just finished Groucho and Me by Groucho Marx. Very entertaining. It really made me wish I was as old as some of you and able to remember him in his prime. :p

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just finished My Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. The book was a Christmas gift from the in-laws. Think they are trying to tell me something? LOL!

Actually, they bought us the book after we let them know we were doing the FPU Online class and reading Financial Peace Revisited.

Dave Ramsey is coming to the West Michigan area in January. I'd like to see him live, but it's not in the budget. hehe

K Williams

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The Tunnels of Cu Chi by Tom Mangold & John Penycate.

Story of the U.S. Army Tunnel Rats who went into the tunnels in Vietnam to find Viet Cong.

Latest Discussions