What nonfiction book are you currently reading?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Free Lunch - How the wealthiest Americans enrich themselves at government expense ( and stick you with the bill)

By David Cay Johnston.

I've heard a couple of radio interviews by this author, on this go round. It sounds like an infuriating book.

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kenpo Karate 401 by Lee Wedlake

Heh - I need t catch up on those...I was leafing through 201 today, but then moved on the "Ninja Weapons - chain and shuriken", previously titled Spike and Chain I believe. It is on the Masaki-ryu's Manriki-Gusari.

There is a nice Kyusho chart in it, as well as plans for making your own manrikigusari.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh - I need t catch up on those...I was leafing through 201 today, but then moved on the "Ninja Weapons - chain and shuriken", previously titled Spike and Chain I believe. It is on the Masaki-ryu's Manriki-Gusari.

There is a nice Kyusho chart in it, as well as plans for making your own manrikigusari.

Kenpo Karate 601 is due out soon. Nice breakdown of the forms.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am onto Prof. Wedlake's book Form 5 now. Some good info and details about the form I didn't know before.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Shudokan-RN

I too enjoyed Dan’s books and even the movie (with Nick Nolte) made of the peaceful warrior book. FYI, I see that you are in Olympia so thought you might like to know that Dan does make it to Seattle occasionally for lectures and seminars. His web site has a emailing newsletter. If you watch the movie you can see Dan as he has a small cameo role in the movie.

Warmest regards
Brian King

cstanley

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just finished, "Day of Battle," by Rick Atkinson. It covers the battle for Sicily and Italy in '43-'44 and is the second volume in what is called "The Liberation Trilogy." The first volume was, "An Army at Dawn," and covered North Africa (America's first ground combat in the European theatre). He won the Pulitzer Prize (history) for that one. The third volume will cover from Normandy to the end of the war. I don't know what the publication date is.
If you could read only one narrative history of WWII, this would be high on my list of recommendations.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Barbara Walker's "The Women's Guide to Myths and Secrets" I lost it in a divorce ten years ago. I have recently made the library buy it... Just for me.
Sean

Albertus

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Right now I am reading The love of God from Oswald Chambers , I know it is an old book, the original is from 1938, but it is still a very good one, just like his other books. Beside that I am reading a French book by Sylvain Guintard called Ninja les armes du Ningu , something totally different but it is also a good book and it is good for my French.

Just keep reading folks.

ktaylor75

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am reading Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers, by Mary Roach. Very interesting book thus far.

Latest Discussions