Well, I did my best...Sorry, America.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
You HAVE served your country.

You say you expect to make a full recovery; there are lots of ways to continue to serve your community without serving in the military. You can be a police officer, or firefighter, or corrections officer, for example. You can run for public office. Or you can simply come home, find the right partner (if you haven't already) and make babies, seeing that they grow up to be contributing members of society.
All true and well said. :asian: But might we add *teacher* to the list, because even though it's become a dirty word and a thankless job, we need them nonetheless? And I've personally found ex-military people make great role models and teachers, especially for 6th grade and up.

At any rate, SG, thanks for your service. Fantastic job, and welcome back! :asian:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
All true and well said. :asian: But might we add *teacher* to the list, because even though it's become a dirty word and a thankless job, we need them nonetheless? And I've personally found ex-military people make great role models and teachers, especially for 6th grade and up.

At any rate, SG, thanks for your service. Fantastic job, and welcome back! :asian:
Absolutely! Add teacher, minister (it's kind of interesting how many of the VMI cadets who fought at New Market ended up in some form of ministery...), and lots more stuff that I didn't list.

The point I was trying to make was simply that there are other ways to serve -- even simply by coming home, and living a good life, contributing to society.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I'm sorry to hear that you got injured, and I hope for a speedy recovery! Thank you for serving this country

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thank you for your service, Sage.

And remember that your physical therapist outranks you, so follow his/her directions completely!!

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Some times there are not words to describe how thankful that I am knowing that people such as yourself are serving our country. Hold your head high you have nothing to be sorry about!

OP
SageGhost83

SageGhost83

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all of the well wishes! I wasn't expecting such a show of gratitude, but this is amazing. I am deeply moved and overwhelmed with emotion. I come from a family of soldiers, so it is in my blood to serve my country. My father did 20 years in the army, my mother did 4 years before being medically discharged, I have uncles that have served in every major conflict since WW2, and my little cousin is still going strong in Iraq at this very moment. I would take a million bullets for all of you! Speaking of taking bullets, my recovery is going very well, as a matter of fact, I am up out of the bed and walking around for many hours a day, and rehab is going great. Perhaps my martial arts training came in handy in the health and fitness arena? I will definitely be getting back to public service when I make a full recovery - most likely as a state trooper or a local cop. I just can't help it - it's who I am :). I love giving back to society and doing my part to make the world a better place for all of us. Jim, I really appreciate you offering me to visit one of your classes. I am not at Walter Reed, but I may very well have to stop by there for another med eval before they cut me loose. I'll be sure to inform you and look you up if and when I arrive there.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is great to hear that your recovery is coming along well. Keep pushing those rehab people and get the most out of what they have to offer you.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all of the well wishes! I wasn't expecting such a show of gratitude, but this is amazing. I am deeply moved and overwhelmed with emotion. I come from a family of soldiers, so it is in my blood to serve my country. My father did 20 years in the army, my mother did 4 years before being medically discharged, I have uncles that have served in every major conflict since WW2, and my little cousin is still going strong in Iraq at this very moment. I would take a million bullets for all of you! Speaking of taking bullets, my recovery is going very well, as a matter of fact, I am up out of the bed and walking around for many hours a day, and rehab is going great. Perhaps my martial arts training came in handy in the health and fitness arena? I will definitely be getting back to public service when I make a full recovery - most likely as a state trooper or a local cop. I just can't help it - it's who I am :). I love giving back to society and doing my part to make the world a better place for all of us. Jim, I really appreciate you offering me to visit one of your classes. I am not at Walter Reed, but I may very well have to stop by there for another med eval before they cut me loose. I'll be sure to inform you and look you up if and when I arrive there.

This is SO GOOD to read! I'm glad you're doing well in recovery - keep up the good work for yourself!

It is great to hear that your recovery is coming along well. Keep pushing those rehab people and get the most out of what they have to offer you.

What he said. And ... thanks again!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us informed on how you're doing, and I'm glad to hear it's coming along real well.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ditto - I'm glad to hear that your recovery is going well!

ProTaekwondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You should not be apologizing! You served our country and took a bullet for it too. You are a great person and I will pray for your swift recovery :)

Imua Kuntao

Green Belt
Reaction score
Are you at BAMC? I know many of the wounded marines here and talk to them often. THere is no need to say your sorry, you did your duty so now rest and recover and go on with your life. I wasn't allowed back in, I was to old already.Thank you, Joel

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for being there. I'm damned glad it didn't cost you anymore than it did. God Bless, and if you ever decide to be in Missouri, gimme a yell.

Latest Discussions