My perspective...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just looked at that other thread, the one that was locked. I don't quite know what to say, never experienced that kind of thing on our site before.

It seems remarkable for the vitriol from one person, there was a lot of polite questioning by posters I know of but I've never heard of that one poster and his qualifications so I have only what he has written to judge just the same as I have of the OP, so both could be delusional, neither or only one perhaps but even if the OP was wrong/fake/delusional why all the rage? Very odd in my opinion. Plenty have come on here with strange ideas, stories and 'I am the greatest, biggest, toughest, ballsy street fighter eva' and that didn't attract so much hatred as the poor OP did.
Ah well, I'm tired from travelling so I will bow out now and say good night. There's nought as queer as folk is the saying around my way and it's true enough. :rolleyes:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well for what it's worth:

If you are gonna present your style as a new Martial Arts on a Martial Arts forum you and your style should expect to be fully vetted.

Had he just come on the board as another poster and not tried to introduce his new style it probably wouldn't have been a problem.
I don't know, man. Blood in the water attracts the sharks.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
are you talking gung fu, if its "not everything, then its nothing"" maybe it made,sense in mandarin
His art was a mixed of everything then it's not then everything he said it was is not the art. So it did not make much sense

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
To clarify who Dale is for those who don't practice Chinese martial arts, Dale is probably the leading authority on iron palm, and jiulong Baguazhang as well as a TCM doctor. He is also known especially on bull shido as a no nonsense guy. If there is any question on who Dale is a lot of us older Chinese artist on martial talk can vouch for him not that he needs it.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
ive been here a bit now and i dont remember him. but from someone legit it seemed a bit odd. unless there was a backround we are unaware of. is it possible for a profile to be hacked?

i seem to remember someone else saying there was things typed that he wasnt saying.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To clarify who Dale is for those who don't practice Chinese martial arts, Dale is probably the leading authority on iron palm, and jiulong Baguazhang as well as a TCM doctor. He is also known especially on bull shido as a no nonsense guy. If there is any question on who Dale is a lot of us older Chinese artist on martial talk can vouch for him not that he needs it.
That's all fine. But he can stay on Bullshido. That site suits his style better. I wonder if he goes off on his clients like he did on that thread? And his comment to Jenna was totally out of line. She's a Mentor and diserves respect.

Martial_Kumite

Green Belt
Reaction score
And his comment to Jenna was totally out of line. She's a Mentor and diserves respect.

I agree with two things (other than the quote above).

1. The Op probably needed to have a little bit thicker skin, or just put the guy on ignoring. He kind of brought the thread lock on himself after getting a mod involved.

2. Dale could have been the little bit kinder in his approach when questioning the guy. I get will admit that I get a little upset at people that (or perceive to be) a practitioner of bullshido, but trying to chew someone out like he did was not the best solution. It just turned the thread from a casual Q and A into a childish blame game. Could have gone about it better.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't think mentors deserve any more respect than anyone else, but Jenna deserves respect, not just because everyone does, and not because she's a wonderful lady, but because she's just so damn cool.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's all fine. But he can stay on Bullshido. That site suits his style better. I wonder if he goes off on his clients like he did on that thread? And his comment to Jenna was totally out of line. She's a Mentor and diserves respect.
A mentor on martial talk really doesn't have much weight. But hey I have been here on this account since 2006 and my other account even before then. Xuesheng, clesean, Dale, and myself, and a couple of others are most likely the most senior and knowledgeable people on Chinese martial arts, language and culture on this site. So I would think our opinions pertaining to Chinese things have a little bit more weight on these matter. I am sure the other senior Chinese martial art members will speak their piece.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A mentor on martial talk really doesn't have much weight. But hey I have been here on this account since 2006 and my other account even before then. Xuesheng, clesean, Dale, and myself, and a couple of others are most likely the most senior and knowledgeable people on Chinese martial arts, language and culture on this site. So I would think our opinions pertaining to Chinese things have a little bit more weight on these matter. I am sure the other senior Chinese martial art members will speak their piece.
That is very impressive. But I think you are missing the point. At least my point. This is not about who is superior, who is right, who is wrong, who understands "Chinese things" better. This is about a bully who needs to Let It Go.
And, I believe I've been a member here since 2006 as well. Not sure what that has to do with calling out a bully.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

And that gives him the right to attack another forum user in the manner he did? No No No. He could be The Yellow Emperor for all I care, but that still doesn't give him the right to act the way he did. Just look at the first thing he wrote on that thread:

I am seeing a bunch of Wing Chun terms being thrown out with all manner of ******** fortune cookie speak with a smidgeon of Chinese mysticism thrown in to add some flavor.

When you can name all those techniques, you are not nameless.

Also, if all you know are techniques and not the concepts behind the techniques, as well as the science and physics behind them, you really should not be teaching. Concepts need to be understood, not technique.

That is a blatant attack on another forum user, who clearly hasn't even bothered to read what the OP has written previously regarding his style. Are you honestly trying to defend that kind of behaviour? Here's the thing about all this. Your so-called "Senior Martial Artist" spent more time hurling insults like a 10 year old than he did actually criticising the style being discussed. He clearly had no interest in a mature discussion and just wanted to bash on someone who seemed like an easy target.

All in all it's very sad and behaviour I would never have expected from a "senior Martial Artist".

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think mentors deserve any more respect than anyone else, but Jenna deserves respect, not just because everyone does, and not because she's a wonderful lady, but because she's just so damn cool.
I absolutely agree with you Buka. Jenna is the coolest of the cool :)

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And that gives him the right to attack another forum user in the manner he did? No No No. He could be The Yellow Emperor for all I care, but that still doesn't give him the right to act the way he did. Just look at the first thing he wrote on that thread:

That is a blatant attack on another forum user, who clearly hasn't even bothered to read what the OP has written previously regarding his style. Are you honestly trying to defend that kind of behaviour? Here's the thing about all this. Your so-called "Senior Martial Artist" spent more time hurling insults like a 10 year old than he did actually criticising the style being discussed. He clearly had no interest in a mature discussion and just wanted to bash on someone who seemed like an easy target.

All in all it's very sad and behaviour I would never have expected from a "senior Martial Artist".
That is very impressive. But I think you are missing the point. At least my point. This is not about who is superior, who is right, who is wrong, who understands "Chinese things" better. This is about a bully who needs to Let It Go.
And, I believe I've been a member here since 2006 as well. Not sure what that has to do with calling out a bully.
You know what Dale called him on his bs pure and simple you got a problem take it with the mods. The op made up a bunch of nonsense and we called him on his bs! Again if you have a problem go report it to the mods.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Why should we have a mature discussion with obviously someone who is full of bs.got a problem contact the mods. There is no fraud busting here but doesn't mean we have to put on kid gloves when someone comes in with bs. Don't like my posts ignore them I ignore most of yours.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
You know what Dale called him on his bs pure and simple you got a problem take it with the mods. The op made up a bunch of nonsense and we called him on his bs! Again if you have a problem go report it to the mods.

The OP said he had developed a fighting style based on a combination of different techniques from Wing Chun and JKD, and listed the techniques he took influence from. You never saw him fight so how the hell do you know if what he was saying was bs or not??? You and Dale seemed to get offended by the fact that he had used Wing Chun techniques in his system, which to me is very petty and immature. Who are you to say he can't do that? Do you hold all the rights to all the Wing Chun techniques in existence, and only people with your express permission can use them?

If the OP had shown us a video of him using those Wing Chun techniques, but claimed he invented them himself, then I could understand your stance, and yes he should be called out on his ********, but that isn't the case here. The OP clearly stated that his style of fighting uses techniques from various styles and lists them. So where is the ********?

What the OP has done is the same as every UFC has done, by taking techniques from various styles and adapting them into a fighting style that works for them. And a lot of those fighters, when they retire, go on to coach in their unique fighting style to other people, just like the OP does. The only thing the OP has done differently is that he has given his particular fighting style a name, which most other people don't do.

Last edited:

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need to work on your chi. Trash talk on the internet is what its all about, it seems . You need to toughen up or keep off forums. Of course they won't meet you in person, it more difficult to be very mean when your face to face.but its the opinion of someone you will never meet, who lives hundreds, perhaps thousands of miles away, it really is of no consequence
True to the point that it reaches.

However, if your only means of reaching certain people, barring a flight to London or Maui, or Romania (have to put that in there) is the use of said internet and boards like these, then exchanging opinions with close-minded people can be challenging.

25 alerts from one person? The most I ever got was 17 all in one day from Gerry, but they were basically a rolling Like, Agree, Quoted... like that. 25 hater alerts seems like an mission.

I didn't read that thread. What's the issue with elbows. I love elbows, they're always getting int he way of bad stuff aimed at me. I value mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions