Well, I did my best...Sorry, America.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Are you sure your service is over? I've heard of one eyed soldiers, and a few Marines with one leg (airborne even!) William Gibson did.

What I'm trying to say is, don't give up! We don't know our limits, nor the future. If you want to stay in bad enough, one never knows.

Deaf

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You don't have anything to apologize for, Thank you for your service and best wishes for a speed and complete recovery. :asian:

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Just as every member who has written before me, thank you so much. Now it is time to recover, and know that you can rest and let others pick up where you have left off.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Well, everyone before me has echoed the sentiments I share, Sage.

I'll never take a bullet in a foreign land( I volunteered for regular National Guard service the week i turned 17 and was turned away on account of my hearing) but do feel a sort of kinship with you, being in the MA State guard and the Civil Air Patrol at the same time, and I know what it feels like to want to serve and how you might feel "sorry" right now, but as others have said, don't apologize.

I'm just glad you're here to tell us and that I'm not reading this in the Memorials.

And hell--you got one very big thing goin' for ya now--no more MRE's :D:D:D

Get well and speedy recovery.

Hooah.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Warriors show up to fight, regardless of the outcome, because the fight needed to be fought; the decision comes from the heart, not the higher ups in command. Very different thing than going to fight because you were conscripted, and told to.

You showed up. Good on ya.

And thanks.

Dave

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am in the hospital and I will be discharged for medical purposes. I didn't even see it, but they say that you never see the bullet that kills you (or any bullet for that matter :lol:), and at least that proverbial bullet didn't kill me. Friggin thing tore up my shoulder, but it couldn've been much worse, at least it didn't go farther or hit my spine. I should make a full recovery, but my military career is definitely over. So, all that I can say is, I am sorry that I wasn't more careful and that I won't be able to serve my country and protect my family, friends, and heck, a lot of my fellow MT members from those who threaten freedom and human rights. I will be undergoing more surgery and the like, so forgive me if I can't post for awhile. I am really growing tired of all of these needles that they keep sticking me with, though :lol:. They say that hopefully I will make a speedy recovery and I will be able to begin rehab. At least the nurse is nice.

You served and you did your part. From this Veteran to you, a hardy slap on the back for a job well done and be blessed my friend and I'm dang glad your ok and will recovery. Take it easy and recover fully.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am in the hospital and I will be discharged for medical purposes. I didn't even see it, but they say that you never see the bullet that kills you (or any bullet for that matter :lol:), and at least that proverbial bullet didn't kill me. Friggin thing tore up my shoulder, but it couldn've been much worse, at least it didn't go farther or hit my spine. I should make a full recovery, but my military career is definitely over. So, all that I can say is, I am sorry that I wasn't more careful and that I won't be able to serve my country and protect my family, friends, and heck, a lot of my fellow MT members from those who threaten freedom and human rights. I will be undergoing more surgery and the like, so forgive me if I can't post for awhile. I am really growing tired of all of these needles that they keep sticking me with, though :lol:. They say that hopefully I will make a speedy recovery and I will be able to begin rehab. At least the nurse is nice.

Where are you now Walter Reed? Thank you for what you have done for this country and may god Bless you

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You are in my prayers for a speedy recovery!

Thank you for serving your country. It's no small thing.:asian:

Mr G

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thank you, and Good luck on your recovery.
But, please don't stop 'serving'. It's just a change in tactics. You are now serving as a great example.

Brian S

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Wow. Sorry about that and thankyou for your service to our country!!

I had a medical discharge a couple of years ago, but I certainly didn't take a bullet!!

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
sir, you served with honor! be proud of your service as it does you great honor. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THIS COUNTRY AND KEEPING THE PEOPLE SAFE! I Salute you!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do not know how I missed this when it was first posted.
A speedy recovery for you sir.
And thank you for serving and defending this country

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for your service and your sacrifice. I truly appreciate your efforts and no apologies needed or accepted. Get well soon!!

Latest Discussions