The Last Person.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea, but its one of those double edge swords though, people want people with a degree but they also want people with experience. How are you supposed to get experience if you are going to college or vice versa. B

Always wondered about that myself..For the longest time (up here anyway) they were taking 2 year Degrees over practical experience...Especially true if the CEO and other board members are all college educated..

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I worked my job for 12 years before taking advantage of work paying for college. My company no longer pays the whole amount of college, only a portion. I got done just in time. It was worth the education, but my company gave out no financial awards for completing, other than paying the tab in the first place.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Always wondered about that myself..For the longest time (up here anyway) they were taking 2 year Degrees over practical experience...Especially true if the CEO and other board members are all college educated..
Yup, and I dont care how much education you have practical experience is always better. In most cases, again medical woudl be the opposite

Off to lunch be back in a little while

B

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The department has a tuition rembursment program, but you have to maintain a B average..I never had a B average...

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The department has a tuition rembursment program, but you have to maintain a B average..I never had a B average...

I guess I was luckier, we had to maintain a C average, although I graduated with a 3.56 average. I had trouble with Trig and Calc as I went through a divorce, and C programming, for some reason. Other than that, only Literature gave me much trouble.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I guess I was luckier, we had to maintain a C average, although I graduated with a 3.56 average. I had trouble with Trig and Calc as I went through a divorce, and C programming, for some reason. Other than that, only Literature gave me much trouble.

You had trouble with Trig and Calc??? I wasn't able to get through shop math..Thankfully the GED had mimimal math skills and I was able to pass..

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You had trouble with Trig and Calc??? I wasn't able to get through shop math..Thankfully the GED had mimimal math skills and I was able to pass..

Yeah, but to speak it down a bit, it was Trig and Calc for Computer Science ... not full blown Trig and Calc

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doing alright, thanks....about to go to Lunch myself. Never posted on this thread before, so I thought I would check it out... :p

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello all my Dark Lords and UPWE and how is my LPT thread doing today?
I guess I'm just stopping by before my meeting witht hat damm doctor.
Have fun and talk later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions