The Last Person.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Blah!! It's supposed to be 108 here today.......and the most miserable day of this current heat wave......

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Us too...too damn hot and humid...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andy Moynihan said:
Take ours. Please.

If you can figure out how to get it here - we'll take it, with thanks. It's the transportation that causes problems.

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kacey said:
If you can figure out how to get it here - we'll take it, with thanks. It's the transportation that causes problems.

anyone around here a weather witch?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
With our heat and lack of precipitation these past few weeks I have been very thankful for my central air conditioning. :)

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wish I had AC... instead, I just retreat to the basement as necessary.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kacey said:
I wish I had AC... instead, I just retreat to the basement as necessary.

We had to close all the vents in the basement as my daughter was freezing down there!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wish I had such problems... it's 72 even in the basement!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kacey said:
I wish I had such problems... it's 72 even in the basement!

We keep the house at about 75, which cool enough to notice the difference from the outside when you come in. I know people that keep their house in the summer below 70, which I find way too cool and uses a lot of energy!

So, Kacey, you been sleeping in the basement too?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:

Some nights, yeah... due to friends who've moved and given me furniture, there's a queen size bed down there, and a TV. But then I can't leave windows open upstairs to cool the house off, so it's a toss up.

I've heard it said that you shouldn't set your AC below 78, for conservation reasons, and so the contrast isn't too high - so how did you pick 75?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kacey said:
Some nights, yeah... due to friends who've moved and given me furniture, there's a queen size bed down there, and a TV. But then I can't leave windows open upstairs to cool the house off, so it's a toss up.

I've heard it said that you shouldn't set your AC below 78, for conservation reasons, and so the contrast isn't too high - so how did you pick 75?

Well 75 is the conversion number from 24 in celcius. Found if we set it at 23 or 73 it was hard on the air conditioner and it didn't turn off during the day. The energy consumption was huge. So at 24/75 it usually doesn't turn on until after lunch time. We also have it programmed that at night it waits until it gets over 27/80 before it kicks in.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Well 75 is the conversion number from 24 in celcius. Found if we set it at 23 or 73 it was hard on the air conditioner and it didn't turn off during the day. The energy consumption was huge. So at 24/75 it usually doesn't turn on until after lunch time. We also have it programmed that at night it waits until it gets over 27/80 before it kicks in.

Makes sense... I'm somewhere between getting AC and new windows, as the ones I have are original equipment from 1957 - steel casement, with cranks, and they don't seal well. It looks like AC is somewhat cheaper, even given the current high demand, but I'm still leaning toward windows, as they'll help with the heating bill too - more signicant in Colorado that AC, if we ever get back to our normal temps, with average highs in the upper 80s and lows in the low 60s... at which point I don't need AC.

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lisa said:

Course when you live on the 3rd floor of a condo building, you don't get to sleep in the basement to avoid the heat....personally i just have a high electric bill and try to restrain myself from turning on my a/c much before bed.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just got back from a tournament and after party!

Today was a good day.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad to hear it Sam!

I went grocery shopping. :( I hate shopping. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions