ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In FMA people get ranked differntly

Some get to ranked faster than others.

OP
S

Shinzu

as karatekid stated above, my TSD school is the same way unless the instructor feels you are ready to test sooner. nice thread here :)

OP
T

theneuhauser

i dont know what color my belt is. the only sash ive ever worn is a black one. ill be going on ten years in the arts altogether.

OP
F

fringe_dweller

Originally posted by karatekid1975

sparky wrote:

"As an average amongest all arts - what would be the lenght of time in rank between black belt degrees everybody???"

In TSD, from 1st to 2nd degree it's 2 years: from 2nd to third, it's 3 years: from 3rd to fourth, it's 4 years .... ect. I donno how TKD does it yet. I know there is a age limit on dan ranks, though.

For us it's around two years from 1st to 2nd. To get to third I know you have to train a student from white to first degree but outside that I'm not really sure. Considering the number of dedicated students here in oz you could wait a while for that 3rd degree ;)

OP
S

sparky

That sounds like a great idea - if you had a dedicated student to train, how long would it take

OP
F

fringe_dweller

Depending on the student of course but you're looking at around 5 years.

Respectfully

OP
S

sparky

This thread seams to have died off, with over 1100 members on this board and only 70 have voted here. It's pretty hard to tell what the real ratio of belts are.

OP
J

JDenz

All of martial talk seems rather dead latley

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by JDenz

All of martial talk seems rather dead latley

You see! He agree's with me!!

*realises no-one is listening*

:shrug:

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by sparky

This thread seams to have died off, with over 1100 members on this board and only 70 have voted here. It's pretty hard to tell what the real ratio of belts are.

This is an interesting poll. I voted earlier but I need to change my vote, I just learned that I 've been promoted to 1st dan BB... :)

OP
M

Master of Blades

Congratulations! :D

Doesnt mean I wasnt right though.......:shrug:

I need to change my vote too :D I've just been given my Blue belt :D

OP
S

SteelShadow

Originally posted by Master of Blades
I think if there 9 or 10th Dan Black belts then I dont think they would be hanging around with us lowely practicionars.

Dont be surprised to find some 9th or 10th dans here.
A true master is only a master when he never stops being a student.......

OP
K

Kenpomachine

Originally posted by sparky
As an average amongest all arts - what would be the lenght of time in rank between black belt degrees

everybody???

In some arts the time increases as the stripes do, like say, one year for the second stripe, two for the third...

OP
K

Kenpomachine

Originally posted by cdhall
It is interesting that most of the MT guys are beginners. Perhaps not surprising, but interesting to see the poll results.

Good idea. Thanks.

Not surprising at all, taking into account that there's much more beginners than intermediate, and intermediate than advanced students. The higher you go, the less people that makes it to it.

Latest Discussions