Plz tell me about To Shin Do Home Study Course

O'Malley

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You posted funny, I'll post agree and if someone else posts like, we'll have covered all three and Martial D can understand it represents us posting on all three options.

Let me jump on this bandwagon, I need friends.

Dark Sovereign 193

Blue Belt
Reaction score
To-Shin Do is a martial art founded by Black Belt Hall of Fame instructor Stephan Kayes Haes in 1997. It is a modernized version of ninjutsu and differs from the traditional form taught by Masaaki Hatsumi's Bujinkan organization. Instruction focuses on threats found in contemporary western society. In addition to hand-to-hand combat skills, students are exposed to methods for survival in hostile environments, security protection for dignitaries, how to instruct classes and run a school, classical Japanese weapons, meditation mind science, and health restoration yoga. The headquarters school (Hombu) is located in Dayton, Ohio, USA.

So, it is related to ninjutsu, but it is not ninjutsu.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To-Shin Do is a martial art founded by Black Belt Hall of Fame instructor Stephan Kayes Haes in 1997. It is a modernized version of ninjutsu and differs from the traditional form taught by Masaaki Hatsumi's Bujinkan organization. Instruction focuses on threats found in contemporary western society. In addition to hand-to-hand combat skills, students are exposed to methods for survival in hostile environments, security protection for dignitaries, how to instruct classes and run a school, classical Japanese weapons, meditation mind science, and health restoration yoga. The headquarters school (Hombu) is located in Dayton, Ohio, USA.

So, it is related to ninjutsu, but it is not ninjutsu.

Number one, this is not an answer to any question in the thread.
Number two, this thread is from 2008, and the original poster is long gone.
Number three, the question is on the home study course, not where the hombu is, or even what the relationship is to the Bujinkan and other expressions of the same art.
Number four, "the traditional form taught by Hatsumi"?!? Ha!
Number five, who said anything about claims of being "ninjutsu"?

What experience and knowledge do you actually have in this area? I ask as you've resurrected a number of threads in this area, but have a fair bit wrong, and your only claimed training and knowledge is in TKD... nothing like the topics you're posting on in many cases.