Mr. Frank Trejo - 10th Degree ?

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I originally set out to get the Black Belt so I could defend myself easier than just brawling ........... once there, I just wanted to learn as much as possible and to teach and help others have as much fun and confidence as I have achieved in this awesome Art of American Kenpo ...... After Mr. Parker's passing, I now feel a responsibility to assist others with the material that Ed Parker had developed over the past 4 decades of his life.

:asian:

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

The President of the US has to answer to someone!

so all these solo leaders are in question as far as I'm concerned.

Sixth Dan can be heavy! Eh, Dennis?

Dan

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Me thinks...............:rofl:

Don't forget the horse radish sauce, the fresh garden salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing, lots of iced tea, and a freshly made Canoli for desert! Now that's eating! Maybe just a bit too much, but THAT is eating! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dan "Somebody! roll me to the BowFlex!" Farmer:p :eek: :D

M

meni

Originally posted by Sandor

Hey, I don't care what belt these guys where. They have a lot of knowledge to share and earned my respect regardless of what their belt says.

you bet!

We have to, and some humility wont hurts us to much!

M

meni

Originally posted by Seig

Not likely, I have no real aspirations beyond 7th, never did. I figure I shoulde there in about 20 more years. That's enough of a goal for me, and a reachable one.

With all the respect:
what’s the big different between 7th and 10th?
Is that because Ed Parker never promoted anybody above the 7th, if he would be alive today there will be more and more 7th 8th and even 9th and possibly even 10th.

In my opinion there is no deference between 7th to 10th it seems to my only as honorary degree
!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If not then why even have them!! the difference is in the seniority of the individuals - skills, knowledge, time in grade, what they have done for the art, ........ <<<"but">>> .......... the individuals need to gain this level with the proper means.... not by the waving of a hand and the blessing of a good friend of another art or the signatures of students of an organization in need of a leader......

Ghandi had no rank but had the respect of the world!

I would tell all the 10ths to think of that.

:asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV

If not then why even have them!! the difference is in the seniority of the individuals - skills, knowledge, time in grade, what they have done for the art, ........ <<<"but">>> .......... the individuals need to gain this level with the proper means.... not by the waving of a hand and the blessing of a good friend of another art or the signatures of students of an organization in need of a leader......

Ghandi had no rank but had the respect of the world!

I would tell all the 10ths to think of that.

:asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian: :asian:
and one in five hundred might listen.:disgust:

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well Brutha ... You gotta walk your own path. We each do. If some have to have lots of red on the black then thats up to them.
If some don't deserve it then they are the ones who have to look themselves in the mirror every day.

Dan

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

I'm a little miffed about certain 10ths, the Venerable GD knos about it, I think he is telling me to get past it and leave the past there.

I just don't care for 10ths in american kenpo, I just feel that was Mr. Parkers rank and his alone. I don't dwell on it or fret about it but I just don't like it.

I know they have to look in the mirror and all, but what do they see when they do?

For me this doesn't just mean kenpo either, TKD is like this now.
They promoted someone to the creators rank 9th dan and I don't think that's right either. The most you should be able to rank it the one right below the creators rank. In kenpo that would be 9th and TKD that would be 8th.

Ok I've rambled enough here.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree with you in part but not completely. But I do understand how you feel about the "abondant" 10th degrees in Kenpo now.

sad but the way it is.......

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
not to back a few of the alleged 10ths into a corner the next time I am in their neck of the woods. I will be armed with the two things they are not, knowledge and facts! Bwahahahahahaha :jedi1:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I read on another site somewhere that Bill Wallace said he didn' t have any problem with any rank that anyone wanted to wear because "they're the ones that have to defend it."

The more I think about that, the more I like it.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is actually a highly subjective topic..... It all depends upon what you base earn on....
Many of the top guys are good in thier own ways... each have talents and qualities that are admirable but to me it was "HOW" they got that new promotion. Each is different, a case by case study will show great differences of who, how, why, when, where, for, etc.

So while respect is due to all of them for their talents...... credibility and purpose may haunt many of the even deserving ones, not to mention several of the ovbiously BOGUS ones, that are not even considered Seniors in American Kenpo or few people have even heard of!

But that is just my opinion.....

Latest Discussions