Mr. Frank Trejo - 10th Degree ?

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

It is actually a highly subjective topic..... It all depends upon what you base earn on....
Many of the top guys are good in thier own ways... each have talents and qualities that are admirable but to me it was "HOW" they got that new promotion. Each is different, a case by case study will show great differences of who, how, why, when, where, for, etc.

So while respect is due to all of them for their talents...... credibility and purpose may haunt many of the even deserving ones, not to mention several of the ovbiously BOGUS ones, that are not even considered Seniors in American Kenpo or few people have even heard of!

But that is just my opinion.....
:asian:

That was a great way to put what I was trying to say, thanks GD.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
without hurting some feelings at times....

But a lot of inaccurate material and Instructors out there!! Many much higher than they deserve.

R

RCastillo

without hurting some feelings at times....

But a lot of inaccurate material and Instructors out there!! Many much higher than they deserve.

Quit beating around the bush, just go ahead and say it, you mean me!:wah:

R

RCastillo

thanks Unka Danny! wow.............. now I feel better......

I can finally rest.....

I could go for that!:D

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

thanks Unka Danny! wow.............. now I feel better......

I can finally rest.....

I know what you're saying Dennis... But you can't kill them... At least not legally! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmmm ... Maybe we need to talk.
:sniper: :bazook: :bomb: :shock: :stoplurk:

Dan

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I've seen a few and their ego is as fragile as the garbage they try to pass off as kenpo too.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

...But I do understand how you feel about the "abondant" 10th degrees in Kenpo now...

I think we have strayed from "Mr. Trejo" and I will start a new thread because of it.

I thought I had posted about this previously but I can't find it so I'm going to go ahead and start a new thread on Kenpo Rank or something like that.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Since there are all of those alleged 10th degrees out there, and I mean no disrespect to a few who actually deserve it, let's start a world wide petition to promote(posthumously) SGM PArker to 11th and make it a stipulation that NO ONE ELSE may ever have or wear that rank! Just a thought, not realistic, I know.:(

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

Since there are all of those alleged 10th degrees out there, and I mean no disrespect to a few who actually deserve it, let's start a world wide petition to promote(posthumously) SGM PArker to 11th and make it a stipulation that NO ONE ELSE may ever have or wear that rank! Just a thought, not realistic, I know.:(

I think that in a manual or something somewhere, Mr. Parker said that there could be any number of 10th Degrees but Mr. Parker said that the title "Senior Grandmaster" was reserved for the 10th Degree founder of the system. So I think that is sufficient. I know someone who is quite serious about confronting whoever might claim that title as well.

I agree with you that Mr. Parker should be distinguished in some way, but I think he already took care of that himself. Otherwise, I'd prefer that there be no 10th unless that person thought they could take Mr. Parker. But there are flaws with that theory too because Kenpo has been expanded on by some and I'm not sure if there is a way to recognize good contributions without awarding a 10th to someone eventually.

But if we only had 12 sevenths still, then perhaps there would be enough room for this with 8th and 9th.

I also think a Very Good attempt has already failed to resolve this issue, but Mr. C. can tell that story if he wants to.:asian:

S

Sandor

Originally posted by Seig

Actually, I thought a few of the systems promoted the founder to 12th posthumously.

Just a thought...

Peace,
Sandor

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sandor

Actually, I thought a few of the systems promoted the founder to 12th posthumously.

Just a thought...

Peace,
Sandor

If I remember correctly I was told when I first signed up that Mr. Mitose was Mr. Parker's teacher and that he was an "honorary 16th Degree Black Belt."

S

Sandor

Originally posted by cdhall

If I remember correctly I was told when I first signed up that Mr. Mitose was Mr. Parker's teacher and that he was an "honorary 16th Degree Black Belt."

Considering who you are talking about, I can hardly say I am surprised.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sandor

Considering who you are talking about, I can hardly say I am surprised.

This thread has gone from rediculous ... straight past sublime ... to incredibly dumb!!!! 16th degree????

I guess I'd have to say, I'm depressed ... er ... impressed!

Seems to me that one of the ancients, perhaps Chow(?), declared himself a 15th and invited anyone to prove him wrong. That is one of those dusty old memories, and I wish I could give it provence... But alas... I'm having a Dennis Conatser kind of senior moment! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan "The don't makem like they used to" Farmer

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
I read that Mr.Chow did just as was suggested. I believe it was in response to those who were being promoted by there co-horts. In various off shoots of the Kara Ho system. Mr.Chow was no paper tiger! I don't believe anyone took up his challenge...

Salute:D

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Klondike93

I've seen a few and their ego is as fragile as the garbage they try to pass off as kenpo too.

A lot of the higher ranked guys in my school go to other schools
for seminars, and kenpo camps and what not. On occasion,
they'll say something like "I've seen a lot of guys do the tech
THIS way, instead of how it's written, like this" .. so far, nothing
I've been shown as what others are teaching it's not uneffective,
just not AS effective. An example would be when you have
someone by the wrist, and you have your forearm on the
attacker's elbow. We're taught that you should push in a
vertical downward diagonal angle, to bring him down, yet others
push straight out on a horizontal plane. It wouldn't necessarily
take the guy down, but it would break or hyperextend his elbow.

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
originally posted by Donald...
I read that Mr.Chow did just as was suggested. I believe it was in response to those who were being promoted by there co-horts. In various off shoots of the Kara Ho system. Mr.Chow was no paper tiger! I don't believe anyone took up his challenge...

I remeber at a seminar in Pikesville, MD... Mr. Parker talked about that "15th degree thing". Something to the effect that while visiting Mr. Parker, Chow expressed the he had to be higher ranking than his students because he was there "Kenpo" instructor. Parker disagreed and reminded him that he indeed did introduce him to the Arts but that this was "his " art. His innovations, his concepts and ideas...Chow proclaimed he was the greatest, Mr. Parker immediately snapped pointing up at the sky "NO! He is the greatest"....

It's still a little fuzzy but that is what I remember of the incident, if someone has more insight on this...please speak up:asian:

Latest Discussions