Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Could be. I only know that for most people, when you take away their ability to smell, it really impacts their ability to taste. Wasn't trying to touch a nerve.
lol, touching a nerve....
well, much of what we perceive s 'taste' is smell/aroma.
it does go hand in hand.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I said he may find he appreciates food a lot more. As I said before, I didn't have any of this other crap in mind. I was just making small talk in a meaningless thread about nothing.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For anyone looking to improve their writing, I recommend Grammarly. Saw an ad for it a few weeks ago, got the free version and it finds minor issues in a lot of my posts. Nothing too major, but reading through them lets me improve how I write.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
For anyone looking to improve their writing, I recommend Grammarly. Saw an ad for it a few weeks ago, got the free version and it finds minor issues in a lot of my posts. Nothing too major, but reading through them lets me improve how I write.
but some things it is butchering horribly. sometimes it is set up vs setup.....
Like in 'breaking a set up'
It does help my spelling a lot. It even catches a lot of wrong words, spelled right, but not meshing with the context.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
but some things it is butchering horribly. sometimes it is set up vs setup.....
Like in 'breaking a set up'
It does help my spelling a lot. It even catches a lot of wrong words, spelled right, but not meshing with the context.
Yup. A couple of times recently it messed up. But just spending the time thinking of the grammatical effects of certain words/phrasings, improves one's writing.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yup. A couple of times recently it messed up. But just spending the time thinking of the grammatical effects of certain words/phrasings, improves one's writing.

I ain't not needin no grammarly to makin my posts betterer :D
m9wh6wo8gsp81.gif

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those programs hate me, because I switch back and forth between English and American spellings.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sometimes you wonder what eggheads are in charge of the world
I had a delivery from tractor supply pending.
The driver called, asking about accessibility. Silly us, we think because the garbage truck and school bus make it here just fine, the truck would be no problem, right!
oh nooooooooo
For some reason they send a 20f tall machine out to do consumer deliveries! I wish I had taken a picture of the thing! I was standing at the back end, it was at least 4f off the ground!
and we have such a lovely (not) ornamental archway across the street to enter the neighborhood.
And we are on top of the hill, and the street with the arch is the least steep.

And the truck had no lift gate (another puzzler)
so a transfer in the parking lot of the grocery store was not in the cards either.

Thankfully the TSC store is around the corner.
So after the manager looked at me in bewilderment, they unloaded the truck with a forklift and loaded the package in my pickup.

Tomorrow I get to play with it.
as in pulling the truck around back and pulling each piece off one by one.

Some items should come with a warning: It won't come by UPS.....
And some folks should come with a warning, too: Can't make logical decisions,
Like not sending a full-size (albeit shorter) semi into residential neighborhoods. Even if they deliver for a farm store!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Should have never shown Mrs Xue how to run the sprinkler...took 10 years before I gave in...now I know why it took so long.... the dang thing has been run twice a day for over a week.... should not be....early morning is best....heck it was running last night a 9:00pm.....i shut it down..... And I checked the settings, she shut off 3 zones and reduced the rest to 5 minutes a zone..... which does virtually nothing.... no wonder the yard turned brown.... should be 15 to 20 minutes per zone, especially in the high sun areas.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It is beginning to look like I may be getting a promotion soon....with of course a ton of additional responsibilities with no one to take what I already do.....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is beginning to look like I may be getting a promotion soon....with of course a ton of additional responsibilities with no one to take what I already do.....
so a few pennies more for twice the workload?

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw one of these at a light yesterday.

1656790714336.png

I'm really not sure about this. I mean, I get the attraction of retro builds. And the Challenger, from the factory, certainly has a lot of styling cues from the old muscle car era. And I have seen people turn a Camaro into a modern take on the TransAm with great success. And it makes sense, since the two were sister cars.

I just don't think this really works. The Challenger and Roadrunner basically share no styling, and the result just looks awkward. The proportions just aren't right.

Maybe it would work better with a Charger as the base, although the whole 4-door charger thing also seems odd.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I saw one of these at a light yesterday.

View attachment 28607

I'm really not sure about this. I mean, I get the attraction of retro builds. And the Challenger, from the factory, certainly has a lot of styling cues from the old muscle car era. And I have seen people turn a Camaro into a modern take on the TransAm with great success. And it makes sense, since the two were sister cars.

I just don't think this really works. The Challenger and Roadrunner basically share no styling, and the result just looks awkward. The proportions just aren't right.

Maybe it would work better with a Charger as the base, although the whole 4-door charger thing also seems odd.

A friend of mines older brother had a Plymouth super bird, that looked very similar, when they were new.

his looked like this

1970-Plymouth-Superbird-in-Corporate-Blue-8.jpg

I saw one of these at a light last Thursday

OZXAOUKSSNELJFL4YXOGVEH4EE.JPG

Latest Discussions