giphy.gif

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a rather nice day today, I even started by going to the Y and working out, had not done that in a while...2 knee surgeries and a pandemic ago actually. And you know what I discovered.... I lost a lot of strength and I'm in horrible shape as it applies to stamina and strength that is.... even after losing 17 pounds... but at least my diet is good..... and DON'T start on me with the whole bacon thing and my lack of it....
I found this Free Bacon for Life offer. Thought you might be interested...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was just reading another thread where @Steve calls coffee the perfect beverage.... I honestly expected the next post to be from @Dirty Dog posting something like..."not as perfect a bacon grease"
I found this for you. With your free bacon for life coupon, it should come in handy.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I found this for you. With your free bacon for life coupon, it should come in handy.

Well that's disgusting

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Went to a Chinese take out place, near my office, that I use to go to before the pandemic. It was not great Chinese food, but some of the dishes were acceptable...for instance their vegetable Mai Fan..

Discovered that there are new owners..... discovered they use to much oil for their Mai Fan....discovered they think vegetable Mai fan has chicken and shrimp in it....conclusion...not going back.....

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Went to a Chinese take out place, near my office, that I use to go to before the pandemic. It was not great Chinese food, but some of the dishes were acceptable...for instance their vegetable Mai Fan..

Discovered that there are new owners..... discovered they use to much oil for their Mai Fan....discovered they think vegetable Mai fan has chicken and shrimp in it....conclusion...not going back.....
But most importantly, did it have any bacon?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

I've always wondered why Chinese restaurants often have a lounge attached. In all my years, I've never seen anyone in the lounge, but so many of them have one.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've always wondered why Chinese restaurants often have a lounge attached. In all my years, I've never seen anyone in the lounge, but so many of them have one.
for the delivery drivers to wait....

I would love to have some more authentic chinese food.
In Europe each restaurant has a distinct menu.
Over here it all tastes the same (much like 'Mexican' restaurants)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
for the delivery drivers to wait....

I would love to have some more authentic chinese food.
In Europe each restaurant has a distinct menu.
Over here it all tastes the same (much like 'Mexican' restaurants)
I think we have more Asian restaurants than most places. Pretty much every strip mall has one Teriyaki restaurant and one Pho restaurant. Every 4 or so strip malls ALSO have a Chinese restaurant... and then probably 1 in 10 ALSO has an Indian restaurant. There's a strip mall down the road with two Pho restaurants next door to each other.

To make it more confusing, some of the teriyaki joints serve Chinese food (they usually call it "Wok dishes"). And even more confusing, some of the Pho restaurants also serve Teriyaki, and one has teriyaki AND a wok menu. So, it's a vietnamese restaurant serving that, plus Chinese food and Japanese food.

I've heard that our Teriyaki here is unique to our area... not sure what's different about it, but it eats pretty good.

What we don't have is a lot of Korean food... for that, you have to go a few miles down the road to Federal Way where they have a ton of Korean restaurants.

Now I'm hungry.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Actual Chinese restaurants, good ones, at least in the Northeast, don't have lounges. But I have seen a few with them over the years

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I honestly don't think I've ever had ever bad Chinese food! Now I feel like Chinese for dinner... good work everyone!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think we have more Asian restaurants than most places. Pretty much every strip mall has one Teriyaki restaurant and one Pho restaurant. Every 4 or so strip malls ALSO have a Chinese restaurant... and then probably 1 in 10 ALSO has an Indian restaurant. There's a strip mall down the road with two Pho restaurants next door to each other.

To make it more confusing, some of the teriyaki joints serve Chinese food (they usually call it "Wok dishes"). And even more confusing, some of the Pho restaurants also serve Teriyaki, and one has teriyaki AND a wok menu. So, it's a vietnamese restaurant serving that, plus Chinese food and Japanese food.

I've heard that our Teriyaki here is unique to our area... not sure what's different about it, but it eats pretty good.

What we don't have is a lot of Korean food... for that, you have to go a few miles down the road to Federal Way where they have a ton of Korean restaurants.

Now I'm hungry.
Like the Korean place serving Chinese dishes.
Because we are so used to having 'Chinese', and not really knowing anything about the other places.
For living in the province, we have a good number of chinese places, but they seem to cook all from the same cook book.
The Korean place had the best fried rice from all of them. fluffy rice with real vegetables in it. Unless oyu go to the japanese joing (where they also toss in a fried egg, etc)
Sadly she closed at the end of 2020. She is really missed.

I remember, there was a large stretch down the road between Tacoma and Seattle, if you could not read Korean, you were lost.

I think around here most of the foreign cousine restaurants are owned by one family.
Chinese folks.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Like the Korean place serving Chinese dishes.
Because we are so used to having 'Chinese', and not really knowing anything about the other places.
For living in the province, we have a good number of chinese places, but they seem to cook all from the same cook book.
The Korean place had the best fried rice from all of them. fluffy rice with real vegetables in it. Unless oyu go to the japanese joing (where they also toss in a fried egg, etc)
Sadly she closed at the end of 2020. She is really missed.

I remember, there was a large stretch down the road between Tacoma and Seattle, if you could not read Korean, you were lost.

You must be referring to Federal Way... some great Korean BBQ around there. Yum.

I think around here most of the foreign cousine restaurants are owned by one family.
Chinese folks.
Could be. I read a story a while back about a Cambodian refugee who opened a donut shop, and then started helping other refugees help their own donut shops, too.

Latest Discussions