Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I'm going on vacation tomorrow..... Mrs Xue's idea..... a ski resort..... in summer.....in the mountains....and she hates the outdoors...... should be interesting
good luck.
it should be nice in the mountains in the summer. and not a lot of snow either.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
1654737494986.png

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I’m so glad that Obi Wan is fun to watch. I was really disappointed with Boba Fett.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m so glad that Obi Wan is fun to watch. I was really disappointed with Boba Fett.
Havent watched it yet, in large part because i wasn't a fan of boba fett. Watched the first 3 or 4 episodes, took me a bit to figure out my issue...there was no change of atmosphere. It was seroous the whole time, no comic relief, no lighthearted moments. Which is fine if you want to watch a drama i guess, but not what i like (or expect from star wars).

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Havent watched it yet, in large part because i wasn't a fan of boba fett. Watched the first 3 or 4 episodes, took me a bit to figure out my issue...there was no change of atmosphere. It was seroous the whole time, no comic relief, no lighthearted moments. Which is fine if you want to watch a drama i guess, but not what i like (or expect from star wars).
There are some laugh out loud moments in Obi Wan. I choose to believe they are intentional. 😀

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well I’m sorry to say i let Mrs Xue take full control of this vacation and, sadly, per past experience, it is failing….. youngest Xue has asked me multiple times,,,why are we at a ski resort in the summer, and why did Mrs Xue choose Colorado when she hates the outdoors….and I have no answer,,,,.there may be much arguing tomorrow, although I am going to try an avoid it….but i am going to have to see if I can salvage this….wish me luck

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well I’m sorry to say i let Mrs Xue take full control of this vacation and, sadly, per past experience, it is failing….. youngest Xue has asked me multiple times,,,why are we at a ski resort in the summer, and why did Mrs Xue choose Colorado when she hates the outdoors….and I have no answer,,,,.there may be much arguing tomorrow, although I am going to try an avoid it….but i am going to have to see if I can salvage this….wish me luck
Luck
Аз
运气

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
This is where I'd focus on finding a nice restaurant, having a nice meal and maybe enjoying a cocktail someplace quiet and pretty. Best of luck! Hope you can turn it around.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know how much this will help, since I know nothing about your kids interests, but Denver does have a huge theme park/water park. There's also the Denver Zoo, Butterfly garden, Botanical Garden, Aquarium, plus all the mountains to hike through.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Don't know how much this will help, since I know nothing about your kids interests, but Denver does have a huge theme park/water park. There's also the Denver Zoo, Butterfly garden, Botanical Garden, Aquarium, plus all the mountains to hike through.

Thanks, but we are currently in Vail. But I think I got it under control…. See my next post in the LPT

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well….SUCCESS!!!! So far.

Woke up this morning and decided to take on the where to go I don’t like it here confusion, give 2 options, not get a response and then chose one. EUREKA!!! It worked, no fuss , no argument. Of course it meant I drove about 10 hours today, but it is working so far.

Drove to Glenwood Springs. There is a mountain top amusement park and cave tours. No one wanted the amusement park (HOORAY) so it was a gondola ride to the top, made Mrs Xue happy and and the exploration of 2 caves that made the youngest and Mrs Xue happy. Then, even with some minor protest, lunch. Found an Asian place that even Mrs Xue liked. Then she wanted to see Aspen…so more driving….. the youngest got to see a black bear next to a river and Mrs Xue got to see an elk both on the return trip….10 hours from the time we left…we returned…. All is well…. And tomorrow is already planned.…hopefully it goes as well.

Latest Discussions