Last Poster #7

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
If I loved bacon...maybe...but I don't...I hates the stuff....although this salt free fried grease slab slab may take out the hypertension......but Is it fat free......is it high cholesterol, and coronary free.... is it no longer disgustingly greasy.. NOOOOO...still an anti-baconists....DOWN WITH BACON!!!!!
Unprocessed pork loin/belly is actually a lot healthier than most ground beef, depending on the lean %.

Bacon that isn't salt cured, and rendered fat is properly drained, is actually pretty high in protein and lower in saturated fat and cholesterol. It's not nearly as greasy as store packaged bacon, no different really than pan frying slices of ham.

The bacon will rise!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
61 degrees right now. 12 to 16 inches of snow expected tomorrow......well atleast 2022 isnt starting out weird or anything

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I loved bacon...maybe...but I don't...I hates the stuff....although this salt free fried grease slab slab may take out the hypertension......but Is it fat free......is it high cholesterol, and coronary free.... is it no longer disgustingly greasy.. NOOOOO...still an anti-baconists....DOWN WITH BACON!!!!!
So sad to see someone in denial like this...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Unprocessed pork loin/belly is actually a lot healthier than most ground beef, depending on the lean %.

Bacon that isn't salt cured, and rendered fat is properly drained, is actually pretty high in protein and lower in saturated fat and cholesterol. It's not nearly as greasy as store packaged bacon, no different really than pan frying slices of ham.

The bacon will rise!
I don't eat beef either., and I don't pan fry ham.....Bacon is pure evil....DOWN WITH BACON!!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So sad to see someone in denial like this...

what...is some shunned person talking.....

shunned.jpg

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
what...is some shunned person talking.....
A high of 12F yesterday, and about 3" of snow. Today it's sunny and 44F and the snow is rapidly vanishing.

What's the record for the longest shunning?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to change the subject about how great bacon is, but.....I woke up to 22 degrees this morning. I thought I was back in NY....haha
I still haven't had snow yet. Finally working from home...meaning no shoveling snow...my least favorite thing (my back hurts for about 3 days after each time)...and there's no snow for me to not have to shovel.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still haven't had snow yet. Finally working from home...meaning no shoveling snow...my least favorite thing (my back hurts for about 3 days after each time)...and there's no snow for me to not have to shovel.
Spent my whole life in snow belt USA, been away 3 years. Working from home is a huge plus, enjoy no snow while it lasts.....

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It has snowed for about 14 hours here. The ground temperature is warm enough to keep the roads clear for the most part and the snow depth has not amounted to much.
It is getting warm enough today to cause runoff, then it's going to freeze again tonight. Tomorrow will be some risky driving. Lots and lots of black ice.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
we went to see Spider Man yesterday and it was really good. Some fun cameos, great action and effects, and the story was surprisingly heartfelt.

I also appreciated the general themes of empathy and compassion, things we could use a lot more of right now.

There is a lot of crossover, and I really enjoyed all of that. I thought that the interaction between the three versions of Peter Parker was terrific and often hilarious. That said, the thing I appreciated the most is the overarching themes of empathy and compassion that play through the entire story.

This isn't a cynical story. It's not dark and brooding, though there are definitely some emotionally weighty scenes. Instead, the characters support one another, trust each other, and always have each others' respective backs. And without going into detail, this kind of also includes the bad guys in the story.

The plot hinges around Tom Holland's version of Parker not sending the villains back to their respective universes only to be killed by that version of Spider Man. Instead, he teams up with various people, including his alter egos, and tries to correct the thing that made them villains... so, for example, Octavius became evil when the control chip shorted out giving the AI in the arms control over him.

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Snow should be going away here, over the next few days. Still some on the ground, but we're expecting some rain (which I much prefer).

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I support my local small businesses. By which I mean I pay a neighborhood kid to do the shoveling.

Latest Discussions