Last Poster #7

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I knew what type of tablet it was, most certainly, but I didn't. I had Win 10, but was not a surface, not android and certainly not Mac. It was a favor for a colleague, who had it custom made, I can only take so much time out of my day.

Also as I was told after I spent my morning on this, the problem started when he went from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My thought was the the tablet is not compatible with Win10. And then, had to do office stuff
Makes a big difference. Sounds like your colleague should get in touch with whoever made it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Makes a big difference. Sounds like your colleague should get in touch with whoever made it.
Shunning2-jpg.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad likes pork ribs, but he and my mom don't cook a lot of meat. So, one time when I was down there in July, my dad bought a small smoker and asked me to make some ribs. I'm out there in like 120-125F heat trying desperately to keep that smoker under control... it was brutal. Ribs were good, but keeping the charcoal under 250F was a real challenge. I drank like 4 gallons of water...
I’ve spent a few weeks in Phoenix in the summer (for some reason, that’s the only time business ever took me there). I can’t imagine using a smoker in that.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I’ve spent a few weeks in Phoenix in the summer (for some reason, that’s the only time business ever took me there). I can’t imagine using a smoker in that.
It was hell. But if dad wants some ribs, he’s going to get some damned ribs. Seriously, though, and this may be sacrilegious, but You can make some pretty good ribs with a sous vide, a little liquid smoke, a really good rub, and an oven. It’s fun to play with charcoal, but sous vide is a game changer for a lot of things. I gave them a sous vide wand for my dads birthday and they love it.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was hell. But if dad wants some ribs, he’s going to get some damned ribs. Seriously, though, and this may be sacrilegious, but You can make some pretty good ribs with a sous vide, a little liquid smoke, a really good rub, and an oven. It’s fun to play with charcoal, but sous vide is a game changer for a lot of things. I gave them a sous vide wand for my dads birthday and they love it.
I only smoke with wood, never coal.

Using melted dinosaur rock to smoke your meats? Eww.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I only smoke with wood, never coal.

Using melted dinosaur rock to smoke your meats? Eww.
Fun fact: The lump charcoal and briquettes used for bbq are made from wood. You can make your own charcoal from wood, if you want. Lump charcoal burns a little cleaner with less ash, because of the additives needed to press the uniform briquettes, but both are made from wood… not velociraptors.

For what it's worth, I like the Kingsford competition charcoal briquets that I can get at Costco, along with chunks of un-carbonized wood for smoking.

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Sous vide brisket is mind blowing, and you can do crazy stuff with sous vide. I cooked a chuck roast for 26 hours, gave it a nice sear at the end, and it was a perfect, tender medium rare. A poor man’s prime rib. Eating a chuck that’s medium rare and not braised was weird, but delicious.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fun fact: The lump charcoal and briquettes used for bbq are made from wood. You can make your own charcoal from wood, if you want. Lump charcoal burns a little cleaner with less ash, because of the additives needed to press the uniform briquettes, but both are made from wood… not velociraptors.

For what it's worth, I like the Kingsford competition charcoal briquets that I can get at Costco, along with chunks of un-carbonized wood for smoking.

I don't know where my head was. It just sounded funny at the time.

No fossil fuels actually come from dinosaurs. It's just an enduring myth. They're all from plants and animals from long before the dinosaur era. I learned that a long time ago, but forgot.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't know where my head was. It just sounded funny at the time.

No fossil fuels actually come from dinosaurs. It's just an enduring myth. They're all from plants and animals from long before the dinosaur era. I learned that a long time ago, but forgot.
I hear you, but a lot of folks do think that BBQ charcoal is mined by dudes who burrow deep under ground and chip it out of the earth with pickaxes. Truth is, all it takes is a cheap metal garbage can with a lid, and easy access to some good wood... and up here we have tons of apple and cherry. I made charcoal a couple of times out of curiosity, but like making fresh pasta, it's really not worth the effort when you can buy it for next to nothing.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is what I get for searching Hung Ga videos on Youtube this early in the day. I found the Real Kumite.

I won't be able to stop laughing for days.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got dang! sheesh... I come home from a long day. (7 hours ago) and her cheek was swollen. Right be her cheekbone. It wasn't super swollen, but if you looked close enough you'll think "Yeah... It's a lil bigger than the other". and I'm thinking what the heck happened?!?! I don't know if I need to freak out or what. I tried poking it. No lump or anything and she didn't react much leaving me to believe it didn't hurt much. Current time. I decided to wait and see what happened. Her cheek swelling has reduced. Still slightly noticeable but fading. I still don't know why this happened but I assume it was just a random occurrence.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score

Did 'The Avengers" Steal it's Ending from "Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension"?​

Wooooow... Oh my gosh... Oh. I felt that one. As a marvel movie fan this joke hit too close to home. Funny. Marvel stole phineas and ferb's plot. I need to borrow that video and post to some of my marvel friends.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Got dang! sheesh... I come home from a long day. (7 hours ago) and her cheek was swollen. Right be her cheekbone. It wasn't super swollen, but if you looked close enough you'll think "Yeah... It's a lil bigger than the other". and I'm thinking what the heck happened?!?! I don't know if I need to freak out or what. I tried poking it. No lump or anything and she didn't react much leaving me to believe it didn't hurt much. Current time. I decided to wait and see what happened. Her cheek swelling has reduced. Still slightly noticeable but fading. I still don't know why this happened but I assume it was just a random occurrence.
I am guessing you are talking about your dog?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bee sting?

Latest Discussions