Last Poster #7

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the new year cold snap, it's back to sunny and 56F today.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still haven't had snow yet. Finally working from home...meaning no shoveling snow...my least favorite thing (my back hurts for about 3 days after each time)...and there's no snow for me to not have to shovel.
We had our first snow today. Only about an inch, but it came with heavy winds that knocked out power out all day.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You sound like my folks in Phoenix. They talk about being so cold when it's over 50F outside. :D
I was in Vegas a couple years ago and it was 60 degrees and I saw a couple walking on the strip wearing full length down coats that went to their ankles.... I had on a sweatshirt...and was warm

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This is a good one...
Researching why a tablet we have will not connect to anything wirelessly
Found a video on the topic, "How to fix tablet not connecting to internet"
Went through multiple steps...all viable.
Then I get to this one....possibly your drivers are out os date, so connect to the internet and update the drivers!?
If I could connect to the internet...I would not be watching this video.

Where I am at..... Windows says, wireless NIC working properly........ and.... it has no drivers

So Microsoft...how is it working properly...without drivers?

It was a whole lot of stupid this morning

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a good one...
Then I get to this one....possibly your drivers are out os date, so connect to the internet and update the drivers!?

Where I am at..... Windows says, wireless NIC working properly........ and.... it has no drivers

I ran into that a few weeks ago..not for a tablet though. Hasld the same exact thought of "are you really asking me to connect to the internet to fix why i cant connect to the internet?" Ended up downloading the drivers on my laptop then using a usb to transfer them. Did not solve the issue.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a good one...

Agreed. It's a whole lot of stupid. But maybe you can download the drivers on another device and transfer them locally? Assuming the tablet has a USB port.
I had a similar problem when installing Ubuntu on a SurfacePro. No connectivity, and the mousepad/touch screen didn't work with the standard distribution stuff. Had to get the right drivers on another machine, tweak the code just a tiny bit, and then install them from a USB device. Took a while, was a moderately large pain in the butt, but I eventually got it working.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, once you get used to it being 422 degrees in the shade...
My dad likes pork ribs, but he and my mom don't cook a lot of meat. So, one time when I was down there in July, my dad bought a small smoker and asked me to make some ribs. I'm out there in like 120-125F heat trying desperately to keep that smoker under control... it was brutal. Ribs were good, but keeping the charcoal under 250F was a real challenge. I drank like 4 gallons of water...

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My dad likes pork ribs, but he and my mom don't cook a lot of meat. So, one time when I was down there in July, my dad bought a small smoker and asked me to make some ribs. I'm out there in like 120-125F heat trying desperately to keep that smoker under control... it was brutal. Ribs were good, but keeping the charcoal under 250F was a real challenge. I drank like 4 gallons of water...
Other than the lack of smoke, you could just put the ribs in and close the top and let the sun do the cooking.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's actually rather worrisome. We've only had snow once so far this winter, and it's been way too warm for winter in Colorado. I think when fire season rolls around, we are going to be in trouble.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's actually rather worrisome. We've only had snow once so far this winter, and it's been way too warm for winter in Colorado. I think when fire season rolls around, we are going to be in trouble.
We see that kind of low temperature here but usually by this time of winter we do not see the 50's.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We see that kind of low temperature here but usually by this time of winter we do not see the 50's.
It's not just the warmth, it's the utter lack of snowfall. I did a quick check, and here is a quote from the Denver Post 4 days ago.

This season has only produced 0.3 inches of snow thus far — well behind the normal 20-plus inches we should have by the end of December.

That's a problem.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Agreed. It's a whole lot of stupid. But maybe you can download the drivers on another device and transfer them locally? Assuming the tablet has a USB port.
I had a similar problem when installing Ubuntu on a SurfacePro. No connectivity, and the mousepad/touch screen didn't work with the standard distribution stuff. Had to get the right drivers on another machine, tweak the code just a tiny bit, and then install them from a USB device. Took a while, was a moderately large pain in the butt, but I eventually got it working.

If I knew what type of tablet it was, most certainly, but I didn't. I had Win 10, but was not a surface, not android and certainly not Mac. It was a favor for a colleague, who had it custom made, I can only take so much time out of my day.

Also as I was told after I spent my morning on this, the problem started when he went from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My thought was the the tablet is not compatible with Win10. And then, had to do office stuff

wait a minute..nevermind...I forgot

ffffff.png&text=Shunned

Latest Discussions