Last Poster #7

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel the same about saki and much more prefer Japanese plum wine. A bit sweet but good for after dinner.
Ohhhh, yes! There's a resort on Ambergris Caye in Belize with the absolute BEST plum brandy!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Got myself a new toy

1636224430757.jpeg

Didjidox, basically a mini didgeridoo, sounds great. And now I can annoy the neighbours from any room I am in, at home or away.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Mrs Xue gets a call from a County Covid Tracking office, telling her she was exposed to Covid and should quarantine....she asked how long...they replied with...oh...umm..it looks like the quarantine would be done tomorrow.......

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mrs Xue gets a call from a County Covid Tracking office, telling her she was exposed to Covid and should quarantine....she asked how long...they replied with...oh...umm..it looks like the quarantine would be done tomorrow.......
Had a couple of those early on... One of them, they quarantined a couple of guys on another squad, but by the time they knew -- my squad had passed the quarantine range, or all but. At the time... a lot of "well, ain't that nice..."

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I prefer to sip as well-if it's one I like. If my goal is to get drunk with friends I'll get some cheap rum and drink with them.

My dad used to work as a concierge for some wealthy people in NYC-they'd give him gifts of whisky/whiskey since they know he likes it, and on special occasions, the two of us would sample them together. Sadly, we don't get that anymore since he retired. I'd love a whisky-crate, but I'm not in a position to buy one for myself. That's a good idea though-I might see if he'll get me one for Christmas so we can try them together.
Neighbor of mine gets really good scotch… stuff way out of my price range. It’s nice to have friends like that. :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I miss the complimentary glass we used to get in the restaurants in Germany. (and the food was possibly better)
Never had sake in Germany, but still have a few wine glasses from the wine vests along the Mosel during the summer.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Last time I had saki was on Okinawa. Some lady pulled a large pickle jar out from behind the counter and it has a big dead snake floating in it. She took a big ladle and dumped it into shot glasses floating scales and all. Ohh to be 19 and dumb again. That was the night i got beat up by the Japanese Police 3 times lol.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
On a good note this week marks 1 year since my wifes cancer diagnosis and she had her last chemo treatment last week. Now we wait until December to do another scan and make sure nothing is growing. I also just paid for the air fare to Italy where we will spend 2 weeks to celebrate life. 4 night in Rome, 5 in Florence, and 5 more in Venice.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
On a good note this week marks 1 year since my wifes cancer diagnosis and she had her last chemo treatment last week. Now we wait until December to do another scan and make sure nothing is growing. I also just paid for the air fare to Italy where we will spend 2 weeks to celebrate life. 4 night in Rome, 5 in Florence, and 5 more in Venice.
you guys have a lot to celebrate!
Keeping my fingers crossed for her scan!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
you guys have a lot to celebrate!
Keeping my fingers crossed for her scan!
Thank you. We know the statistics are not good for her type of cancer (10% survival rate at 5 years) but some people do go 15 and 20 years before it comes back so we are going to enjoy life the best we can for as long as we can.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got myself a new toy

View attachment 27543

Didjidox, basically a mini didgeridoo, sounds great. And now I can annoy the neighbours from any room I am in, at home or away.
Wow!!! Didn't know such a thing existed! And I'm Australian! Have always loved the didgeridoo! Such a completely natural yet otherworldly sound... paradoxical! You'll have to let me know how you go with learning this mini version :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Wow!!! Didn't know such a thing existed! And I'm Australian! Have always loved the didgeridoo! Such a completely natural yet otherworldly sound... paradoxical! You'll have to let me know how you go with learning this mini version :)

I have 2 full size Didgeridoos already, the little one is not that much different. A little more back pressure and not as loud, but sounds pretty good.

I listen to a few of the mini didgeridoos and the Didjibox sounded the best

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!
been awhile
How you been?
Life is good, life is badn and life is all the in-between. And I have certainly been living it.

Still on this side of the dirt. Howzabout you?

Latest Discussions