Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My Sake ambitions need to be scheduled for a later date. Damn, meds.

I did make some killer shrimp one time though, with turmeric, white pepper, and deglazed with (cheap) Sake. Not sure if Bubba told Forest about those.

As for the meds, those came with a hospital schedule to administer: Every 8 hours....Normally it would work, but these days I am not staying up late. :(

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Probably a 50 gallon drum...
That made me laugh.

Alas, it was not to be, there was no Saki at Costco for me to have a remote toast with @Xue.

Still spent nearly three hundred bucks, though. At least it wasn't crowded.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of saki, so I did the next best thing..bought Toki (Japanese Whisky). And then was too tired last night to actually drink any. May make myself a japanese highball tonight though.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of saki, so I did the next best thing..bought Toki (Japanese Whisky). And then was too tired last night to actually drink any. May make myself a japanese highball tonight though.
Chita is pretty good, too. From the same distillery I think.

neighbor and I enjoyed a little of this the other day. His, not mine, by the way. I can’t remotely afford it. It was delicious.

A7600E03-22D8-4400-B56C-CA8217A50774.jpeg

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Chita is pretty good, too. From the same distillery I think.

neighbor and I enjoyed a little of this the other day. His, not mine, by the way. I can’t remotely afford it. It was delicious.

View attachment 27536
I've seen chita and have been tempted...but if I'm going to buy j-whisky I'd prefer it be a brand that I already know I'd like. Rather than get a different one, not like it and be stuck with a liter (which is the only amount of it the stores near me sell).

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen chita and have been tempted...but if I'm going to buy j-whisky I'd prefer it be a brand that I already know I'd like. Rather than get a different one, not like it and be stuck with a liter (which is the only amount of it the stores near me sell).
I've never really cared for whiskey. But one of our boys is. Big time. He doesn't drink all that mutch; very much a sipper. But he's one of those people who can take a sip and tell you what distillery it came from. I got him one of those crate-things for Christmas. They send out little sample size bottles every month so you don't get stuck.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If only we had unlimited wealth, with which to buy whatever we wanted. Like "fund my own spaceship" wealth. :D

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If only we had unlimited wealth, with which to buy whatever we wanted. Like "fund my own spaceship" wealth. :D
If I had that sort of money, I like to think I'd find a way to build a spaceship that didn't look like a flying penis.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not enough money in the world for that, apparently.
A part of me thinks it just had to be intentional. I mean, how could the designers not notice?
Now, if it was done intentionally, that sort of changes everything.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That made me laugh.

Alas, it was not to be, there was no Saki at Costco for me to have a remote toast with @Xue.

Still spent nearly three hundred bucks, though. At least it wasn't crowded.

Next time, I still had my Sake and it was good.

Usually you need to go to a liquor store for sake.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never really cared for whiskey. But one of our boys is. Big time. He doesn't drink all that mutch; very much a sipper. But he's one of those people who can take a sip and tell you what distillery it came from. I got him one of those crate-things for Christmas. They send out little sample size bottles every month so you don't get stuck.
I prefer to sip as well-if it's one I like. If my goal is to get drunk with friends I'll get some cheap rum and drink with them.

My dad used to work as a concierge for some wealthy people in NYC-they'd give him gifts of whisky/whiskey since they know he likes it, and on special occasions, the two of us would sample them together. Sadly, we don't get that anymore since he retired. I'd love a whisky-crate, but I'm not in a position to buy one for myself. That's a good idea though-I might see if he'll get me one for Christmas so we can try them together.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel the same about saki and much more prefer Japanese plum wine. A bit sweet but good for after dinner.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I feel the same about saki and much more prefer Japanese plum wine. A bit sweet but good for after dinner.
I miss the complimentary glass we used to get in the restaurants in Germany. (and the food was possibly better)

Latest Discussions