Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My wife is dragging me to the animal rescue in the mornign to look at some mutt named chumlee that she wants. I guess we are getting another dog.....I knew that new boat would haunt me later lol
If you get the dog, will you keep the name as Chumlee? That's a pretty cool name for a dog. Also, pics or it didn't happen. :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Hey, glad you dropped in!
(I'm the one who asked you about MT on TikTok.)
TikTok... I still don't get it. My 13 year old likes to watch the videos, and shows me the "good ones". But I can't figure out what the point is. I learned there is a pug who tells folks whether the day is "bones" or "no bones".

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
TikTok... I still don't get it. My 13 year old likes to watch the videos, and shows me the "good ones". But I can't figure out what the point is. I learned there is a pug who tells folks whether the day is "bones" or "no bones".
My wife showed me that too. She finds it hilarious, and has explained it to me about 5 times. I still don't get what it means.

She also showed me last night a video of someone discussing a federal crime that her 11 year old committed, followed by a video with the kid in it going over his punishment which they made basically 10 hours of community service to avoid giving him a record. I'm pretty sure if something like that happened to my kid I'd be doing my best to keep the incident from gaining publicity.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My wife showed me that too. She finds it hilarious, and has explained it to me about 5 times. I still don't get what it means.
My daughter informed me before she went to school that today is, in fact, a bones day. I am told this means we need to get after it today... time to get stuff done.

You probably have already heard this like five times, I guess. But at risk of making it a 6th, I am told there is a guy with a 13 year old pug, and each morning, he will basically see if his pug will stand up (bones) or flop back into bed limp (no-bones). Bones days are days of action, where you get things done. No bones days are days for self care.

There is probably a lot more to it then that, but that's all I could get out of it. Oh, and the dog is pretty cute.

She also showed me last night a video of someone discussing a federal crime that her 11 year old committed, followed by a video with the kid in it going over his punishment which they made basically 10 hours of community service to avoid giving him a record. I'm pretty sure if something like that happened to my kid I'd be doing my best to keep the incident from gaining publicity.
Crazy.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My daughter informed me before she went to school that today is, in fact, a bones day. I am told this means we need to get after it today... time to get stuff done.

You probably have already heard this like five times, I guess. But at risk of making it a 6th, I am told there is a guy with a 13 year old pug, and each morning, he will basically see if his pug will stand up (bones) or flop back into bed limp (no-bones). Bones days are days of action, where you get things done. No bones days are days for self care.

There is probably a lot more to it then that, but that's all I could get out of it. Oh, and the dog is pretty cute.
Still makes no sense to me. Although sounds like astrology and that makes just as little sense.

Saw something on youtube the other day where someone was doing tarot readings. Which is fine, I understand the concept of divination. What I don't get, is that it's a reading done for...thousands of people. Basically anyone that stumbled upon the video gets the same reading. Just like everyone born in the same month gets the same astrology reading, and everyone in the world either has a self-care day or an "action" day, and it's the same day for all of us.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Still makes no sense to me. Although sounds like astrology and that makes just as little sense.
Ha, I think it's just cute. And you're just about right... it's like astrology. Fun and not to be taken seriously, though I think occasional reminders to take care of oneself and also motivation to get moving and get stuff done are both pretty positive messages. :)

Saw something on youtube the other day where someone was doing tarot readings. Which is fine, I understand the concept of divination. What I don't get, is that it's a reading done for...thousands of people. Basically anyone that stumbled upon the video gets the same reading. Just like everyone born in the same month gets the same astrology reading, and everyone in the world either has a self-care day or an "action" day, and it's the same day for all of us.
I stumbled onto one of the religion networks and happened into a prayer in which I and everyone else watching was receiving the blessings of some kind of deity. Also weird. But folks will believe what they want to believe.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Funny to me that this thread has had over 67k views and shy of 3k posts. That's a pretty striking view to post ratio.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Funny to me that this thread has had over 67k views and shy of 3k posts. That's a pretty striking view to post ratio.
There have definitely been a lot of times I've opened and/or refreshed but didn't see anything that I had a reply to, and didn't have anything to post myself. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There have definitely been a lot of times I've opened and/or refreshed but didn't see anything that I had a reply to, and didn't have anything to post myself. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
yeah, me too... but that's like a 23:1 ratio of lurks to posts. Just stood out to me as being pretty striking.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife got me started. I've found some folks who make really funny and entertaining content, some who make really informative content, and a bunch of truly inane stuff. Fortunately, their algorithm is pretty good at figuring out what I want to see, so I see very little of the stuff I consider inane. Makes a nice wind-down for me before bed - I watch and get a quick seratonin fix.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Crazy.
No, that's pretty much it. Except that you left out the pug's name: Noodles. And, yeah, Noodles is pretty cute.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My wife got me started. I've found some folks who make really funny and entertaining content, some who make really informative content, and a bunch of truly inane stuff. Fortunately, their algorithm is pretty good at figuring out what I want to see, so I see very little of the stuff I consider inane. Makes a nice wind-down for me before bed - I watch and get a quick seratonin fix.
I go down similar rabbit holes on reddit. Some of my favorite subreddits:

r/pizza
r/unexpected
r/abruptchaos and
r/wholesomememes

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, that's pretty much it. Except that you left out the pug's name: Noodles. And, yeah, Noodles is pretty cute.
Does everyone know about this pug? You, my wife and Steve's kid I'm sure have very different interests/videos that they watch, and from very different regions. I had no idea he was that popular?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Does everyone know about this pug? You, my wife and Steve's kid I'm sure have very different interests/videos that they watch, and from very different regions. I had no idea he was that popular?
My daughter is pretty well plugged in, as I expect most 13 year olds are. :)

Latest Discussions