Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh wow... I can't imagine living in an area like that, unreal. Yes that would be something you'd have to get used to as well!
So far (knock on wood) they have not gotten close to me. And I don't mind.
you build an awareness for the weather. April is prime season, but we have also had bad ones in November, as the warm weather recedes and the cold air pushes in.
with the Rockies on one side and the Appalachians on the other side, cold weather has wide open road south if the conditions allow.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm other news, I had a weird thing removed from my back on Tuesday, replaced with a small hole and six stitches. Don't think it's anything malignant but should find out today or Monday.
Tornadoes aren't very fun to be in. Pretty scary sitting in a hallway with the windows cracked open and hearing the wind outside. The color is weird too. Recommend avoiding them if you can.

Ah dang hope it's nothing serious man... good that you got it removed.

And yeah tornadoes sound terrifying... don't worry I won't become one of those tornado chasers hehe

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
And in other, other news it's my 27th anniversary today. Have been dry aging a ribeye roast since February 25 and plan to trim it and cut four thick steaks tonight. With roasted leeks and asparagus, mashed potatoes, and a nice Merlot. Hungry just thinking about it.

Congratulations!!! And sounds delish..

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And in other, other news it's my 27th anniversary today. Have been dry aging a ribeye roast since February 25 and plan to trim it and cut four thick steaks tonight. With roasted leeks and asparagus, mashed potatoes, and a nice Merlot. Hungry just thinking about it.

Sounds marvelous! Happy Anniversary to you both. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not in the mainstream sources. Google especially makes it difficult. The most direct sources have been the doctors we have spoke with the last couple of weeks.
The doctors I can get info from - and the researchers tracking the info - seem to agree it's about normal rate on most of it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm other news, I had a weird thing removed from my back on Tuesday, replaced with a small hole and six stitches. Don't think it's anything malignant but should find out today or Monday.
Good luck with that, Steve. Hope it comes out as expected.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Decided to head up to a big Shotokan tournament today just to watch. Incredible that we're even able to do this considering where we were, we've come a long way.

Huge tournament, the level of technique and focus in the kata is mindblowing.... really impressive, even the younger competitors' form is unreal.
edc31dd0d5e168c68e4334309f50736f.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well...once again my job changes, due to another's retirement. but still know raise or upgrade......now..... I have lost some along the way...but if it is laptop, macbook, PC, Mac, iPad, IPhone, Mobile security, all associated O/S and support or setup of any of those....level 2 or 3 helpdesk, Adobe Admin and support, ArcGIS setup, and various other software systems....its all me.... and I know I am forgetting something.....I retire in about 5 years..... I pity the next guy

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well...once again my job changes, due to another's retirement. but still know raise or upgrade......now..... I have lost some along the way...but if it is laptop, macbook, PC, Mac, iPad, IPhone, Mobile security, all associated O/S and support or setup of any of those....level 2 or 3 helpdesk, Adobe Admin and support, ArcGIS setup, and various other software systems....its all me.... and I know I am forgetting something.....I retire in about 5 years..... I pity the next guy
Hang in there and stay healthy so you can enjoy the heck out of that retirement!

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Went in for my pre-op today. There was an opening and my left knee got moved up to 4/10. No infection which was Great and a big relief.
A weird thing they do now is swab your nose for MRSA. Said since it is almost always on the skin it is more common in the nose than you may think. If it shows up you get a nose spray for a week but it does not delay the surgery.
The initial pain will suck of course but looking forward to the future benefits.