Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Some folks retired from NYC to way up here in the foothills of the adirondacks. My neighbourhood is full of trees......I think they are trying to turn their property into NYC, its their property so thy can do what they want.....but between last year, and this year, they are clear cutting their property. Had one long time neighbour do that last year, but I think he was scammed by th tree guy (he tried to scam me a few years ago). The neighbour who did basically clear cut his property, his place looks strange and out of place and the NYC folks house is looking the same...by the way...they are using the same tree guy....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
3 very windy days this week, winds 20 to 30 MPH. An ice storm a few weeks back broke several limbs off of trees in my yard. One big limb broke completely off, fell down in other branches of th tree and just hung there....3 days of high winds and that dang limb is still, just hanging there

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some folks retired from NYC to way up here in the foothills of the adirondacks. My neighbourhood is full of trees......I think they are trying to turn their property into NYC, its their property so thy can do what they want.....but between last year, and this year, they are clear cutting their property. Had one long time neighbour do that last year, but I think he was scammed by th tree guy (he tried to scam me a few years ago). The neighbour who did basically clear cut his property, his place looks strange and out of place and the NYC folks house is looking the same...by the way...they are using the same tree guy....
3 very windy days this week, winds 20 to 30 MPH. An ice storm a few weeks back broke several limbs off of trees in my yard. One big limb broke completely off, fell down in other branches of th tree and just hung there....3 days of high winds and that dang limb is still, just hanging there
It has been very windy in middle TN the last couple of days as well. Just a little early but I guess we are in Dogwood winter; it has cooled considerably.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In my prayers, my brother.
Update on my father in law; a biopsy was done yesterday and as soon at the doctor came back from the procedure he said it did not look like cancer. The pathology confirmed it this morning. He is going home later today.
It is just bizarre how extreme the initial diagnosis was compared to the outcome. GIG

If interested, research the frequency of illness and particularly infections after the Covid vaccinations. It really needs to be presented more clearly in the news.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
a couple of days it was almost 80 degrees here, now it is in the 40.
and yeah, we had tornadoes day before yesterday

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If interested, research the frequency of illness and particularly infections after the Covid vaccinations. It really needs to be presented more clearly in the news.
What I’ve seen so far suggests it’s about the rate you’d expect for any injections (the infection) and the general population (other illness). Have you found sources that say otherwise?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad it seems everyone is doing okay. I finished my kitchen remodel. I hired a company to do the cabinets and quartz countertops, but did aesthetics myself (paint, tile backsplash, and shelves, etc. ). Was able to hang a bunch of the old cabinets in the garage, so got an upgrade there too.

I'm very tired, but it was nice to be able to bake in the new kitchen today. Made some cinnamon rolls, and breakfast for dinner (bacon, buttermilk biscuits and omelettes).

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Update on my father in law; a biopsy was done yesterday and as soon at the doctor came back from the procedure he said it did not look like cancer. The pathology confirmed it this morning. He is going home later today.
It is just bizarre how extreme the initial diagnosis was compared to the outcome. GIG

Fantastic news, glad to hear it's not cancer

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
a couple of days it was almost 80 degrees here, now it is in the 40.
and yeah, we had tornadoes day before yesterday
Oh wow.... I'm one of those strange folk that is absolutely enthralled with tornadoes, not the havoc and destruction aspect, but just find them so fascinating

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh wow.... I'm one of those strange folk that is absolutely enthralled with tornadoes, not the havoc and destruction aspect, but just find them so fascinating
they are fascinating, and from my perch, they are nice to 'watch'
but every few years you get a reminder why it's called 'tornado alley'
And by then people have usually gotten tired of excess tornado warnings and don't head for the cellar as they should. People are really dumb.
I can't imagine how people used to live here, without a weeklong weather prediction: when the South is warm and the North is cold, we get severe weather. I am not sure what makes the outbreaks catastrophic, but you can follow the lines of storms across the radar map.
and the tornadoes usually spawn in the same general locations. Always the same counties.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What I’ve seen so far suggests it’s about the rate you’d expect for any injections (the infection) and the general population (other illness). Have you found sources that say otherwise?
Not in the mainstream sources. Google especially makes it difficult. The most direct sources have been the doctors we have spoke with the last couple of weeks.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not in the mainstream sources. Google especially makes it difficult. The most direct sources have been the doctors we have spoke with the last couple of weeks.

Have doctors in my family, my wife being one of them, and what they say and what the mainstream media is saying, include what DR Fauci is saying, do not always agree. And one microbiologist/virologist, of my acquaintance, has issues with the vaccine rollout that does not include an antibody check.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm other news, I had a weird thing removed from my back on Tuesday, replaced with a small hole and six stitches. Don't think it's anything malignant but should find out today or Monday.
Tornadoes aren't very fun to be in. Pretty scary sitting in a hallway with the windows cracked open and hearing the wind outside. The color is weird too. Recommend avoiding them if you can.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
And in other, other news it's my 27th anniversary today. Have been dry aging a ribeye roast since February 25 and plan to trim it and cut four thick steaks tonight. With roasted leeks and asparagus, mashed potatoes, and a nice Merlot. Hungry just thinking about it.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
upload_2021-3-20_8-4-33.png

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
they are fascinating, and from my perch, they are nice to 'watch'
but every few years you get a reminder why it's called 'tornado alley'
And by then people have usually gotten tired of excess tornado warnings and don't head for the cellar as they should. People are really dumb.
I can't imagine how people used to live here, without a weeklong weather prediction: when the South is warm and the North is cold, we get severe weather. I am not sure what makes the outbreaks catastrophic, but you can follow the lines of storms across the radar map.
and the tornadoes usually spawn in the same general locations. Always the same counties.
Oh wow... I can't imagine living in an area like that, unreal. Yes that would be something you'd have to get used to as well!

Latest Discussions