Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
How many know about the protests last weekend, in multiple cities, including NYC, that were about anti-violence against asians?

I've been watching the news looking to see what they report and I have so far seen nothing, on American news stations. Finally saw something today.....from NHK news....in Japan

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
How many know about the protests last weekend, in multiple cities, including NYC, that were about anti-violence against asians?

I've been watching the news looking to see what they report and I have so far seen nothing, on American news stations. Finally saw something today.....from NHK news....in Japan
Pretty good coverage here in Seattle, but we have a large Asian population.

Nationally, I haven't been watching much news lately... been focused on the kitchen remodel and the March Sumo tournament when I have a few minutes to watch TV. I did notice that several Democrats have spoken out about the violence, Tammy Duckworth in particular.

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Terrible things happening in Colorado and Washington state again. Sorry for the loss.

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't see TV news, but they've been significantly underrepresented in Google's news aggregation. Don't know if that's an aggregation problem or a coverage problem.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Long time co-worker retired yesterday, and came in today and a bunch of us went to lunch. Afterwards I walked out with him to his Harley. We talked a bit and then he got on his Harley and drove off. I have to tell you, that was the most appropriate last day at work, first day of retirement, I have ever seen.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Long time co-worker retired yesterday, and came in today and a bunch of us went to lunch. Afterwards I walked out with him to his Harley. We talked a bit and then he got on his Harley and drove off. I have to tell you, that was the most appropriate last day at work, first day of retirement, I have ever seen.
Oh I love that.... like the end of a movie!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So we had a Japanese jujitsu, aikido, something else guy roll up to a session the other night.

It was some of our guys first experience that the stereotype really can be true.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not mine but almost identical. I have a different seat, a little taller windshield, and a removable trunk.
151264761_3347353445364531_3094988089612996077_n.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
So we had a Japanese jujitsu, aikido, something else guy roll up to a session the other night.

It was some of our guys first experience that the stereotype really can be true.
He might show up as a new student.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I’ll bet the life of my pup that those committing violence are followers of the hate mongering, orange clown.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Speaking of motorcycles, just started watching long way up, with Ewan Mcgregor. I liked the previous series, so we shall see how this one goes. They're riding electric bikes from the bottom of south america up through central america and then eventually to LA.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I’ll bet the life of my pup that those committing violence are followers of the hate mongering, orange clown.
Could be, though I think the shine is fading on the Trump clan. The real fascist of the hour seems to be Tucker Carlson. He appears to be very influential with the stupid, armed, and ignorant set.