Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, friend of mine considers the cabin at the state park (with full kitchen, several bathrooms, full bath) etc 'camping' and as rough as she would care to go.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, friend of mine considers the cabin at the state park (with full kitchen, several bathrooms, full bath) etc 'camping' and as rough as she would care to go.
We travel a fair bit, but Kim and Sue won't go if we stay someplace without a spa.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Absolutely 100% would be in a Marriott resort..... That is about the level of countryside Mrs Xue can handle

Once spent a weekend with her in a nice log cabin in the mountains of Pennsylvania on the tree farm I occasionally worked on..... as we drove away at the end of the weekend...she looked at me and said..."Don't ever bring me here again". Heck she thought Milford NH was "too countryside"
I'm with her. I used to stay anywhere. When we used to come here before, we would ride horses into Haleakala Crater to stay at a cabin with no power, you had to bring your own water and firewood. Even walked in a couple times.

But now, what I consider "roughing it" is if room service stops at ten o'clock at night.
Oh, the humanity!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
two bedrooms, full kitchen and 2 full baths, with Livingroom and a large deck over looking the valley "Don't ever bring me here again"

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm with her. I used to stay anywhere. When we used to come here before, we would ride horses into Haleakala Crater to stay at a cabin with no power, you had to bring your own water and firewood. Even walked in a couple times.

But now, what I consider "roughing it" is if room service stops at ten o'clock at night.
Oh, the humanity!

I use to camp in my youth, hike into the woods, climb mountains and thought it was great. As I got older I found I began to agree with my father. And now I am in full agreement with him. Camping and hiking are great, just as long as I can return to the Hotel at the end of the day and sleep in a nice clean bed.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
she thought Milford NH was "too countryside"
One time I went to visit a friend in Montana. We stayed in the Glacier Nation Park for 1 day. My friend said there were just too many people there. Next morning we left that national park. In the next 4 weeks we hiked from lake to lake (outside of the Glacier Nation Park) with fishing poles and fire arms (with over 200 rounds ammo).

Even the nation park, to some people, it's still too crowded. I have a T-shirt it said FBI - fishing, beer, and isolation.

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I use to camp in my youth, hike into the woods, climb mountains and thought it was great. As I got older I found I began to agree with my father. And now I am in full agreement with him. Camping and hiking are great, just as long as I can return to the Hotel at the end of the day and sleep in a nice clean bed.
that was my dad's maxim as well.
Now mind you, he is an avid RVer, but only to points of interest in civilized surroundings.
He had to do the camping thing with tent and air mattress when he was young and broke.
We could afford economy hotels when I grew up, so we never camped.
Hanging out for a day at the outdoor pool with a cool box and umbrella, etc was about as outdoorsy as it got.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hanging out for a day at the outdoor pool with a cool box and umbrella, etc was about as outdoorsy as it got.
To disappear in the woods for 4 weeks was the most fun part of my life. I always carry firearm (44 magnum), fishing pole, and a spear. and I like to dress 100% camouflage.

This is my spear head.

spear_head.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
To disappear in the woods for 4 weeks was the most fun part of my life. I always carry firearm (44 magnum), fishing pole, and a spear. and I like to dress 100% camouflage.

This is my spear head.

View attachment 27168
which would have landed you in a precarious situation where I grew up.
a lot of open spaces, but no wilderness.

:)

But hey.
to each their own, right.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well it's that time of the year. Hurricane is a coming.

We are supposed to travel to Indianapolis for karate tournament Thursday....hopefully it doesn't mess up our plans.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Mrs Xue, who speaks Mandarin, and English, who use to be fluent in Japanese....is now learning French. Just spent 10 minutes trying get her to believe that zéro, the accent mark over the é is not the same as 2nd tone in Mandarin

4tones2.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Knee update
They put you on a reclining cycle to get flexibility and range of motion back. I have been working on this for 3 weeks
Pedal forwards as far as you can go, reverse and go the other way as far as you can go
I have not made any full revolutions..until

In an 8 minute routine, the number of full revolutions

August 25 I finally got 1 full revolution going backwards
August 26 I got 8 going backward
August 27 I got 16 going backward
August 28 (today) I got 42 going backwards and 33 forwards

Last edited:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
One time I went to visit a friend in Montana. We stayed in the Glacier Nation Park for 1 day. My friend said there were just too many people there. Next morning we left that national park. In the next 4 weeks we hiked from lake to lake (outside of the Glacier Nation Park) with fishing poles and fire arms (with over 200 rounds ammo).

Even the nation park, to some people, it's still too crowded. I have a T-shirt it said FBI - fishing, beer, and isolation.
Lots of national parks are, unfortunately, very crowded. There are some with few visitors -- but many of them are overwhelmed today.

Some of the Shenandoah National Park feels like being in a city anymore...

Latest Discussions