Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I haven't ever gotten around to Skyrim. I've been alternately told I'll hate it and that I'll love it. I should really find out which.

I was into FPS for a while. I really enjoyed Halo, mostly because I'm completely awful at it and was playing with a buddy who was only slightly better. I never knew a FPS could be so funny.
If you like open world games, it's pretty fun. You can spend hours exploring random caves, dwarven ruins, and other sites, without ever completing storyline quests.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Don't think it will help but ok.

My wife got it and I got quarantined with her. How she got it, good question. She went and got her vaccine, a few days later felt bad, went to the ER who told her she was having a reaction to the vaccine. A few days later she felt worse and got tested. It came back positive. She had a fever for 5 days. I was never tested because I had no way to get to a testing facility. I was still not allowed to drive due to knee surgery. But I had what I can only describe as a bad head cold. Talking to my MD, he said all of his patients, that were vaccinated, all describe Covid the same, as a bad head cold
Thanks for the information.

The reason that I ask because I'm still not sure it's safe not to wear face mask outdoor or not.

If anybody ever gets COVID outdoor, that information can be valuable.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you like open world games, it's pretty fun. You can spend hours exploring random caves, dwarven ruins, and other sites, without ever completing storyline quests.
I quite like open worlds. I'll put it on my list. Thanks!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information.

The reason that I ask because I'm still not sure it's safe not to wear face mask outdoor or not.

If anybody ever gets COVID outdoor, that information can be valuable.
Outdoors, unless you're in a crowd or spending a lot of time close to someone, the breeze disperses the droplets pretty effectively. All the information I've been able to find suggests incidental contact outside is about as close to "safe" as you can get.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I quite like open worlds. I'll put it on my list. Thanks!
Every play any of the Fallout games? Fallout 3, 4, New Vegas? It's very similar to those. If you haven't... I think you may like those, too. Huge games... lots to explore.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
allergic reactions to a sting happen pretty darn quickly.

and if I got stung in bed..... first, I would not be able to sleep....second..... I'd have to burn the bed

But with that said, in my old house I id get bitten twice by a spider while sleeping. Got a huge blister on my ankle both times and both times I stripped the bed and put on clean sheets.... also got me to make the bed every day too. Both times I had left the bed unmade
I had made the bed in the morning.
that is the shocking part.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every play any of the Fallout games? Fallout 3, 4, New Vegas? It's very similar to those. If you haven't... I think you may like those, too. Huge games... lots to explore.
I think I have one of those in my Steam library, but haven't gotten to play it (I think the PC I had when I bought it couldn't handle it). I'll have to go look.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the city of Chelsea burn down when I was young. It was crazy. And firefighters are as crazy as bomb squad guys.

I had to look up the Chevy Vega, I remember it now. Yeah, that would have scared me, too. I hate being a passenger in a car that's going too fast.
I've got a deal with the hose draggers. They don't spray water on my bad guys, and I don't put handcuffs on the red stuff.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This was a rail dragster, kind of like this

UserFiles-image-2016-Daily%2520Features-Friday-pa-wolf.jpg

Frankly, even as a kid in high school, as much as I was impressed by the mechanics of it, I thought the drivers were crazy
The early rails had the engine in front. A lot of bad things happened when the engine let go.

The last time I was in LA (about 15 years ago) there was a track where you could side by side race in rails. V8 engines and If you hit the tree just right you could go just over 100mph in an 1/8th mile. Good times. The only fond memory I have of LA.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The early rails had the engine in front. A lot of bad things happened when the engine let go.

The last time I was in LA (about 15 years ago) there was a track where you could side by side race in rails. V8 engines and If you hit the tree just right you could go just over 100mph in an 1/8th mile. Good times. The only fond memory I have of LA.

This was 1977 or 78

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've got a deal with the hose draggers. They don't spray water on my bad guys, and I don't put handcuffs on the red stuff.
they might get easier to cuff once hosed down though. Especially with a fire hose.

Alas, division of labor, right.

Other than that, I hope the wasp won't return to my made bed.
the arm is basically Ok, but I do have an area, slightly bigger than an old silver dollar that is a little red.
Which it was not this morning, weird.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Currently, my favorite time waste is Minecraft, but I can get equally engrossed in action games. I really enjoyed the Batman Arkham series. Maria and I are currently re-playing the original Diablo, too. (We did Zork: Nemesis earlier in the year.)
Ahhh, I've been meaning to get back to the original Diablo... it's on the pile!

Finished Pokemon Omega Ruby recently, currently playing bit of Tekken 7, but next up is the Monkey Island series, and Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Currently, my favorite time waste is Minecraft, but I can get equally engrossed in action games. I really enjoyed the Batman Arkham series. Maria and I are currently re-playing the original Diablo, too. (We did Zork: Nemesis earlier in the year.)
Also, please send my hello and regards to Maria, hope she's doing well :)

Latest Discussions