Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Back in1980, a guy I knew was down on his luck and sold me a '76 Vega for $150. We became good friends and he ended up driving the car more than I did. It was the first 4-cylinder car I had ever seen.
About 2 years later the engine let go so we turned it into a Pro-Comp drag car. Stretched the frame and dropped in a 327 with a torque glide transmission. Cut Dana 60 rear end. Ran on 112 Octane AV gas. Consistently ran in the 9's.
Of course it was only built to go straight.

Had a classmate in Highschool whose father raced rail dragsters, tose things are nuts, and really dangerous

In the Vega I was in he had to also customize the firewall and the floor to fit the engine and transmission and it was supposed to turn, but with all that power and so little weight, I doubted its ability to turn well, especially at speed.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Would you mind to share the information about how did you get COVID? The information can be helpful for everybody to prevent it from happening.

Thanks in advance.

Don't think it will help but ok.

My wife got it and I got quarantined with her. How she got it, good question. She went and got her vaccine, a few days later felt bad, went to the ER who told her she was having a reaction to the vaccine. A few days later she felt worse and got tested. It came back positive. She had a fever for 5 days. I was never tested because I had no way to get to a testing facility. I was still not allowed to drive due to knee surgery. But I had what I can only describe as a bad head cold. Talking to my MD, he said all of his patients, that were vaccinated, all describe Covid the same, as a bad head cold

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had a classmate in Highschool whose father raced rail dragsters, tose things are nuts, and really dangerous

In the Vega I was in he had to also customize the firewall and the floor to fit the engine and transmission and it was supposed to turn, but with all that power and so little weight, I doubted its ability to turn well, especially at speed.
Usually when you stretch a frame for drag racing it is in the front clip area. This creates more engine room. Since the fenders are easily removed, stretching them is easier. You can even purchase stretched fiberglass fenders for several cars these days.
Regardless, it is a major modification building for Comp. The steering linkage was swapped for a rack and pinion system from a Mustang, larger rotors and calipers, & booster came from a Chevy truck, several frame areas were beefed up when the roll cage was built, tubbing out the back for the tires was a major sheet metal job, of course new wheels & tires, the steering column was swapped for length (I forget what from), it goes on and on.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Usually when you stretch a frame for drag racing it is in the front clip area. This creates more engine room. Since the fenders are easily removed, stretching them is easier. You can even purchase stretched fiberglass fenders for several cars these days.
Regardless, it is a major modification building for Comp. The steering linkage was swapped for a rack and pinion system from a Mustang, larger rotors and calipers, & booster came from a Chevy truck, several frame areas were beefed up when the roll cage was built, tubbing out the back for the tires was a major sheet metal job, of course new wheels & tires, the steering column was swapped for length (I forget what from), it goes on and on.

This was a rail dragster, kind of like this

UserFiles-image-2016-Daily%2520Features-Friday-pa-wolf.jpg

Frankly, even as a kid in high school, as much as I was impressed by the mechanics of it, I thought the drivers were crazy

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had a near panic attack last night

Crawled into bed - in the dark
SHoved my arm under my pillow and SOMETHING BIT ME
Ok, stung
And it hurt.
I turn the light on, there was a WASP.
Under my pillow
The one I had slept on the night before, that one I had shook up in the morning to make my bed.

So the wasp had stung me. It hurt. and I swear it stung in places not even close.
Funnily enough, a friend had just gotten stung by one doing yardwork.
So I remembered to pour alcohol over it (and actually had some on hand)

So far so good, pain managed

BUT here is where the panic comes in:
Now what if
I develop an allergic reaction to the sting!
The way the arm hurt, even though the wasp only got me in the middle of the forearm (on the tender underside where the blood vessels and nerves are just under the skin)

Dear Lord, don't let me develop breathing problems over this....
you get the idea.
Needless to say, I did not sleep all that well.

On the bright side, the spot where I got stung is barely noticeable this morning.
I am just waiting to step on the dumb wasp now.
And I spend half the night shaking my bedding out...

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ok, stung
And it hurt.
Under my pillow
The one I had slept on the night before, that one I had shook up in the morning to make my bed.

So the wasp had stung me. It hurt. and I swear it stung in places not even close.

Now what if
The way the arm hurt, even though the wasp only got me in the middle of the forearm (on the tender underside where the blood vessels and nerves are just under the skin)

you get the idea.

On the bright side, the spot where I got stung is barely noticeable this morning.
I don't think I'd manage to sleep if I got stung in bed. Stings don't even bother me much, but I'd keep thinking I felt something on me, even if I changed beds.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
the mind was screwing more with me than the sting.
Lack of alternatives forced me to stay put and commence tossing and turning.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which video games do you like?
Currently, my favorite time waste is Minecraft, but I can get equally engrossed in action games. I really enjoyed the Batman Arkham series. Maria and I are currently re-playing the original Diablo, too. (We did Zork: Nemesis earlier in the year.)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Currently, my favorite time waste is Minecraft, but I can get equally engrossed in action games. I really enjoyed the Batman Arkham series. Maria and I are currently re-playing the original Diablo, too. (We did Zork: Nemesis earlier in the year.)
I like Minecraft, too. I'm replaying Skyrim again... for like the 20th time. And just downloaded Fable 3, too.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Ok, stung
And it hurt.
Under my pillow

Now what if

you get the idea.

OMG. Yeah, that's the stuff of nightmares right there. Hope you're okay.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Ok, stung
And it hurt.
Under my pillow

Now what if

you get the idea.

allergic reactions to a sting happen pretty darn quickly.

and if I got stung in bed..... first, I would not be able to sleep....second..... I'd have to burn the bed

But with that said, in my old house I id get bitten twice by a spider while sleeping. Got a huge blister on my ankle both times and both times I stripped the bed and put on clean sheets.... also got me to make the bed every day too. Both times I had left the bed unmade

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Minecraft, too. I'm replaying Skyrim again... for like the 20th time. And just downloaded Fable 3, too.
I haven't ever gotten around to Skyrim. I've been alternately told I'll hate it and that I'll love it. I should really find out which.

I was into FPS for a while. I really enjoyed Halo, mostly because I'm completely awful at it and was playing with a buddy who was only slightly better. I never knew a FPS could be so funny.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest Discussions