Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That seems like it'd add a subtle richness, maybe tone down the sweetness a bit?
Exactly.

Another trick I like to do is to melt butter and infuse it with a good, loose leaf tea (like Lord Bergamot or Earl Grey) for about 10 minutes. Strain out the tea and you end up with butter that is just super concentrated with the tea smell and taste. Use that tea infused butter to make buttercream frosting. It's amazing. You can tone it up or down depending on how much you use (i.e., if you want less of the tea infusion, use less and supplement with regular butter.) It also colors the butter a little, which is kind of pretty.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly.

Another trick I like to do is to melt butter and infuse it with a good, loose leaf tea (like Lord Bergamot or Earl Grey) for about 10 minutes. Strain out the tea and you end up with butter that is just super concentrated with the tea smell and taste. Use that tea infused butter to make buttercream frosting. It's amazing. You can tone it up or down depending on how much you use (i.e., if you want less of the tea infusion, use less and supplement with regular butter.) It also colors the butter a little, which is kind of pretty.
Now I need to do some baking soon. Maybe some kind of ginger cake.....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
cookies yes....anything bacon or bacon related... no
In the spectrum of baked goods, cookies are near the bottom for me. In order of preference:

Pies of any kind (including cheesecakes)
Pastries (including donuts)
Cakes
Cobblers and crumbles
Cookies
Brownies and blondies

I clearly think about baked goods more than is healthy, but I believe it’s genetic memory. I am, after all, a Norwegian.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Weetbix... for some reason, I have in mind something like a zwieback cracker for toddlers, that would sort of disintegrate in warm milk. Maybe it tastes (and looks) better than it sounds. :D
Yeah it's probably similar haha. When you pour the warm milk on it is definitely meant to go soggy and mushy. One my favourite breakfasts, Weetbix, warm milk and dried fruits+nuts sprinkled in :)

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw one of these today parked in my neighborhood..

68 or 69 Camaro Z28

ggkc496.jpg
'68. The '67 had wing windows. The '69 had the gills and squared off rear wheelwell opening.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
In the spectrum of baked goods, cookies are near the bottom for me. In order of preference:

Pies of any kind (including cheesecakes)
Pastries (including donuts)
Cakes
Cobblers and crumbles
Cookies
Brownies and blondies

I clearly think about baked goods more than is healthy, but I believe it’s genetic memory. I am, after all, a Norwegian.

Never said they were at the top......just WAAAAAY above bacon ;)

and I'm with you on the bake goods issue

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
ANNOUNCEMENT

To all you bacon obsessed overly salted process meat addicts who have been trying and trying an trying to get me to eat bacon.....well I'm on vacation...and they had a free breakfast....so I took a piece.....ONE piece of bacon...... mustered up as much courage as i possibly could..... and took a bite...one bite....one small bite.....and it is just as disgusting, greasy an overly salted as I remember....and I still absolutely hate it.....so far there is not enough tea to wash the vile taste of bacon out of my mouth

My bacon hate renewed and my reasons reinforced...I shall now take my anti bacon protest to a higher level and work towards a free world that is no longer controlled by governments and oppressed by their bacon addiction...

DOWN WITH BACON!!!!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah it's probably similar haha. When you pour the warm milk on it is definitely meant to go soggy and mushy. One my favourite breakfasts, Weetbix, warm milk and dried fruits+nuts sprinkled in :)
I think I'd prefer oatmeal. I like my oatmeal with half n half, a some dried fruit and nuts. I'll let you keep your mushy cookies. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So this is what it is like to rela while on vacation.

My knee is still not fully recovered, far from it actually. So Mrs Xue and the youngest Xue have left me in the hotel on my own while they go shopping...... I have nothing to do, no chores, not a single thing...... I think I'll go sit on the balcony and read a book........ and nobody is going to stop me or ask me to do something else because I am just sitting there dong nothing.... and after that...I think I shall go to the exercise room to do my PT knee exercises ..then....come back and read some more....aaaaaahh