Last Poster #7

In coffee related news, I picked up some coffee last weekend that is truly bonkers. It's a Colombian bean that is co-fermented with grape pulp. I've never had anything quite like it. Tastes like coffee and also like grapes. Sort of a wine/chocolate pairing... it's delicious. I wouldn't want to drink it all the time, but for a weird and surprising one-off, it is really good. The guy sold me a couple of pounds of greens, so I can roast them myself and see what happens.
Very interesting, I love stumbling upon a cracker bean. Have never heard of that fermenting method... I'm unsure how I feel about certain similar methods haha. But fascinating, enjoy!

For the IT folks on the page
Non-state side has decided we should be the newest and bestest OS Windows has..... from them, no problem, we will send you new PCs that can take the OS...... If you work in IT....go ahead.... tell me how simple a process this actually is...... sheesh
No image, don't have the proper OUs, don't have ANY policy in place for the new system, absolutely NO in house software testing to see if they need updated..... sure...just slap the new PC on the desk.....

facepalm-really.gif

I can't begin to tell you how much I want to transfer out of this mess

If one is not 59 and 1/2, he can't take money out of his 401 K. If his company doesn't have pension and retirement health insurance, it can make early retirement more difficult.

Back in my time, people stay with one company for 30 years and retired. Today people change company from company, not sure how the retirement health insurance may work.
There’s something called “the rule of 55”. Might be worth checking out for some folks.

Non-state side has decided we should be the newest and bestest OS Windows has..... from them, no problem, we will send you new PCs that can take the OS...... If you work in IT....go ahead.... tell me how simple a process this actually is...... sheesh
No image, don't have the proper OUs, don't have ANY policy in place for the new system, absolutely NO in house software testing to see if they need updated..... sure...just slap the new PC on the desk.....

facepalm-really.gif

OH, it gets better.... they installed a security client, on MY server, that was not supposed to have such things installed on it...why you ask...because it will FREAKING BLOCK EVERYTHING that server needs to do....... and of course, it is password protected and I can't remove it...... I'm at my "suffering fools limit" for one day...I'm going home

facepalm-really.gif

Well, they could happily run a vital system on a 9 year old server that they're afraid to update because they aren't sure it'll reboot...

And have the backup living on that same server...

That's not bad practice, is it?

Well, they could happily run a vital system on a 9 year old server that they're afraid to update because they aren't sure it'll reboot...

And have the backup living on that same server...

That's not bad practice, is it?
There was a state office doing something similar..... servers and PCs. The beginning of the pandemic it came out they were still on Win Server NT 4 and Windows 95 PCs.... and terrified to change anything because of all of there databases and other apps they designed themselves.

They have updated since then

And for my issue, they gave me a password to uninstall the client, have not tested it yet, but hopefully it is the right one

More macho talk. The book I'm reading has lots of this kind of talk. I love it.

A: First, we need to surround them.
B: There are 5 of them. We have only 2. How can we surround them with just 2 of us?
A: You misunderstand me. not us, just me.

A: Why are you doing this?
B: For the world order and civilization.

Last edited:
There was a state office doing something similar..... servers and PCs. The beginning of the pandemic it came out they were still on Win Server NT 4 and Windows 95 PCs.... and terrified to change anything because of all of there databases and other apps they designed themselves.

They have updated since then

And for my issue, they gave me a password to uninstall the client, have not tested it yet, but hopefully it is the right one
I found your new work shirt
mens-classic-tee-royal-front-6549659dae57b.jpg

More macho talk. The book I'm reading has lots of this kind of talk. I love it.

A: First, we need to surround them.
B: There are 5 of them. We have only 2. How can we surround them with just 2 of us?
A: You misunderstand me. not us, just me.

A: Why are you doing this?
B: For the world order and civilization.
What book is this? This guy kinda reminds me of the punisher

So I got a question for you all. I know most of you on here are older than me and way more experienced in life. If you were 32 years old again, or you had to give some wisdom about life to a 32 year old like myself what would it be? I'm still young but i have alot to learn about life and the world. What would you of wished someone told you or what do you wish you knew in your early 30s? It can be about anything.

If you were 32 years old again, or you had to give some wisdom about life to a 32 year old like myself what would it be?
The opportunity always gives to those who is prepared.

When Bill Gates obtained "desktop GUI" technology from Apple Lisa, I got the same technology from Xerox Star (Apple Lisa came from Xerox Star). I wasn't ready to quit my IBM job, formed a new company, and developed that technology on DOS. But Bill Gates was prepared. He won and I lose. QAQ

But even today's Window, they still use one of my patents "right mouse button click to show a pop-up window".

Xerox Star:

Xerox_Star.jpg

Last edited:
So I got a question for you all. I know most of you on here are older than me and way more experienced in life. If you were 32 years old again, or you had to give some wisdom about life to a 32 year old like myself what would it be? I'm still young but i have alot to learn about life and the world. What would you have wished someone told you or what do you wish you knew in your early 30s? It can be about anything.
Never play cards with a man called Doc.
Never eat at a place called Mom’s.
Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own.
Keep your hands up when you fight.

Never play cards with a man called Doc.
Never eat at a place called Mom’s.
Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own.
Keep your hands up when you fight.
Never let someone to shake your single hand with his both hands.
Never let someone to close car door for you when one of your legs is still on the ground.
Never be a spare tire for any girl.
Never let any girl to mount on top of you on the ground.

Last edited:
My favorite 'Never' quotes from Brainy:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napolean Bonaparte
Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
- Corrie Ten Boom

Back