Last Poster #7

and why am I in a high hate crime area?
I live in Maine. So not many true high crime areas. But there are certain streets or blocks that are known to be pretty rough. Like I know one street or area that accounts to 75% of the crime total of one town. I went there once to pick up a friend who was staying there, and it gave me flashbacks to when I literally was in high crime areas outside the state. A week or so later there was a shooting on the same block. Shootings are very rare here. Even though almost everyone owns guns, people generally use them for sport and not on each other. But yeah no true bad neighborhoods, more like rough streets and blocks, but I could list on one hand how few many there are.

I live in Maine. So not many true high crime areas. But there are certain streets or blocks that are known to be pretty rough. Like I know one street or area that accounts to 75% of the crime total of one town. I went there once to pick up a friend who was staying there, and it gave me flashbacks to when I literally was in high crime areas outside the state. A week or so later there was a shooting on the same block. Shootings are very rare here. Even though almost everyone owns guns, people generally use them for sport and not on each other. But yeah no true bad neighborhoods, more like rough streets and blocks, but I could list on one hand how few many there are.
during my misspent youth I hung out in Boston, a lot, after dark, took a lot of short cuts though dark back streets, even walked though the commons a few times at night, by myself..... There is no chance of me doing this today. But then, I was never bothered, I stopped, shortly after that, after a friend of mine got beat up and mugged. I never had any problems, I figured out why one night after his mugging when I came walking out of a dark street and starrted walking towards a young couple (probably the same age as I was). They saw me and, turned and ran away, across Mass Ave, jumped a wall, across the tracks then another wall across the street and the whole time they keopt looking back at me.

At first I was confused and could not figure out what they were running form. Then I realized they were running from me. Back then I looked like any biker you never wanted to see on a dark street. Not wanting to push my luck, I avoided Boston Common and dark streets after dark after that. But I realized what I looked like back then, was probably the only thing that kept me safe.

Last edited:
Wow, just wow.... not sure what else to say..... corp taking over IT..... and the corp CSO... had no idea we had a secure wireless network.......

We gotta get out of this place
If it's the last thing we ever do
We gotta get out of this place

It’s been so windy, damp, rainy and cold here I may have to move back to Boston just to thaw out my toes.

It just ain’t right.

during my misspent youth I hung out in Boston, a lot, after dark, took a lot of short cuts though dark back streets, even walked though the commons a few times at night, by myself..... There is no chance of me doing this today. But then, I was never bothered, I stopped, shortly after that, after a friend of mine got beat up and mugged. I never had any problems, I figured out why one night after his mugging when I came walking out of a dark street and starrted walking towards a young couple (probably the same age as I was). They saw me and, turned and ran away, across Mass Ave, jumped a wall, across the tracks then another wall across the street and the whole time they keopt looking back at me.

At first I was confused and could not figure out what they were running form. Then I realized they were running from me. Back then I looked like any biker you never wanted to see on a dark street. Not wanting to push my luck, I avoided Boston Common and dark streets after dark after that. But I realized what I looked like back then, was probably the only thing that kept me safe.
That's a crazy story man. I have a few boston ones too. I'll try to make this one short. I was trying to pick up my uncle in Malden. I took too many wrong turns and ended up in Mattapan, then Roxbury then somehow revere then I ended up finally getting good directions. It was a trip that shouldn't of took too long. But I was out all night in those areas lost trying to get my uncle because he was in some trouble. Every time I get lost I end up at this gas station in Cambridge. I don't know how to describe it other than it's 24/7 and you can't get in. You have to order from the outside and put the money in through the slot, while the attendant is behind glass. It reminds me of the liquor stores in flint Michigan when my family used to live in the area.

That's a crazy story man. I have a few boston ones too. I'll try to make this one short. I was trying to pick up my uncle in Malden. I took too many wrong turns and ended up in Mattapan, then Roxbury then somehow revere then I ended up finally getting good directions. It was a trip that shouldn't of took too long. But I was out all night in those areas lost trying to get my uncle because he was in some trouble. Every time I get lost I end up at this gas station in Cambridge. I don't know how to describe it other than it's 24/7 and you can't get in. You have to order from the outside and put the money in through the slot, while the attendant is behind glass. It reminds me of the liquor stores in flint Michigan when my family used to live in the area.
Like the housing office in 'The PJs'

I was in Revere, in a biker bar, one night... full of Hells Angles Prospects.... one of the scariest nights of my young life....
Also got stuck in Boston one evening after dropping my, then girlfriend, off at her dorm at 1:00am. Every way I knew to get out of Boston was blocked by either police or fire trucks. I finally got out of Boston at 3:00am by getting on to Storrow Dive by driving the wrong way up an off ramp

Just read a book. The highest level of women self-defense skill is for a girl to say to a guy, "I love you" and then stabs a knife into the guy's chest.
That's some machiavallian art of war type of stuff. It reminds me of stuff I've read in robert greenes books. I'm reading them for self defense purposes. It's crazy how many day to day encounters are either secret power struggles or pissing contest under the surface. Like I learned from one of his books how to see the signs of frienemies. Like this guy who I considered a friend, he was showing all the signs and all the tells of someone who you think is your friend but secretly has other reasons for the relationship. So yeah the world is dark sometimes, but I hope from learning about the darkness that I can limit the darkness and increase the light.

Just read a book. The highest level of women self-defense skill is for a girl to say to a guy, "I love you" and then stabs a knife into the guy's chest.
they say a way to a man's heart is through the stomach - I go through the rib cage!
Female Troll Joke, World of Warcraft (Blizzard Entertainment)

Nope, in general. I could write a list, but it would make me either sad or angry.
Probably a little of both.
Not to dwell on it, I would guess 'gentrification' and the locals/natives being forced out of paradise.

Hey everybody! I just found a picture of @Xue Sheng's bedroom!
81FXXMX6uQL.jpg

Back