Last Poster #7

It’s getting very close for me, as well. For what it’s worth, a lot of my close friends have retired and every single one of them says that, if anything, they wish they had retired sooner.
Unfortunately -- "retirement" for me would simply mean changing jobs, not stopping work.

I’ll do something, but hopefully because I want to not have to. I’m thinking it would be fun to make a few bucks roasting coffee.
I know a guy who "retired" from TV production and opened a coffee shop... It can be done. His shop's been open more than a decade, and survived COVID.

I know a guy who "retired" from TV production and opened a coffee shop... It can be done. His shop's been open more than a decade, and survived COVID.
You know, my wife is very interested in running a business like that. The only problem is that she loves her job now. I figure if I retire a few years before she does, I can get a small LLC going, start roasting a little more volume and chill out at the farmers markets on the weekends. If I sell some coffee, great. Otherwise, it's learning. Frankly, I'm more interested in doing what I want, meeting new people and talking about coffee. And then when she retires, she can take over the business side and maybe we can turn a profit. :D

You know, my wife is very interested in running a business like that. The only problem is that she loves her job now. I figure if I retire a few years before she does, I can get a small LLC going, start roasting a little more volume and chill out at the farmers markets on the weekends. If I sell some coffee, great. Otherwise, it's learning. Frankly, I'm more interested in doing what I want, meeting new people and talking about coffee. And then when she retires, she can take over the business side and maybe we can turn a profit. :D
That's what the place my acquaintance opened amounts to -- a nice place to hang out, have some good coffee, and even learn about roasting and brewing. He's developed a personal relationship with some growers, too... even gone down to South America and worked on their farm.

That's what the place my acquaintance opened amounts to -- a nice place to hang out, have some good coffee, and even learn about roasting and brewing. He's developed a personal relationship with some growers, too... even gone down to South America and worked on their farm.
He sounds like a kindred spirit. Exactly what I'd like to do.

Training has suffered lately. Too much crap going on in my life. Just trying to keep my mind on the martial arts even though I'm not on the mats. Finally got mk11 gonna play online tonight and test my might. Just trying to stay positive.

Training has suffered lately. Too much crap going on in my life. Just trying to keep my mind on the martial arts even though I'm not on the mats. Finally got mk11 gonna play online tonight and test my might. Just trying to stay positive.
Very sorry to hear that.. Really hoping all's okay... one day/moment at a time 🙏

Gentleman, I would like to say thank for for many discussions. However, I think it's time for me to move on. I had abandoned talk forms about 10 years ago, and decided to give them a second chance. But ultimately I don't think I'm contributing anything meaningful here, and it isn't helping me become a better person or a better martial artists. So this is me saying goodbye everyone. I wish you the best on your martial arts journey.

Gentleman, I would like to say thank for for many discussions. However, I think it's time for me to move on. I had abandoned talk forms about 10 years ago, and decided to give them a second chance. But ultimately I don't think I'm contributing anything meaningful here, and it isn't helping me become a better person or a better martial artists. So this is me saying goodbye everyone. I wish you the best on your martial arts journey.
Ah that's a real shame.. but completely understand. I always got stuff from your posts and felt you contributed greatly, just for the record! I wish you all the best bud, take care okay :)

Obviously, I can't say whether or not it's helped you become a better person or better martial artist. But same as Simon I do feel that your posts contributed here, and gave me new perspectives on things. Good luck with everything, and keep yourself as safe as you can!

Take care and stay safe.

I liked your posts and I think you have contributed a lot here. Sorry to see you go.

It appears there is a bit of a discussion about me between the government and the corporate side..... it appears the government side is fairly annoyed by any suggestion of me being used as level 1 helpdesk, since I am currently level 3 and have way too many things to do to be strapped to a phone all day long.....

Sorry to see you go. Be well!

I liked your posts alot and you bring great insight to the forum, please reconsider but if not thanks for all you've done on here.

Latest Discussions

Back