Last Poster #7

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It actually got a little crazy on day #2, because from the roof I watched about 8 to 10 guys open the gate and flood into the first floor of our hotel with sticks, pipes and bats. That was definitely a decision point on what to do now.

I'm still here at the moment but it's quiet now and a local driver is coming to get me out soon. I have another project elsewhere in this country.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I survived a pretty intense riot last night. Choked down a lot of tear gas and there were a LOT of bullets. All right under my nose from the roof of my hotel. Ended up watching the police and military retreat and the crowd burning things and going nuts all around us. But they were mad at the gov not us. So we were okay. India can be a crazy place depending on where you are.
Glad you're ok bro! Your work takes you to some rough spots.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tested positive this morning for covid ugh... feel absolutely shocking... first time getting it, it's fiiinally happened. Woke up yesterday with a bit of a headache and sore throat, so decided to test and it was negative so just went about my day. Crashed hard later.

So today spending my day extracting some fine Peruvian espressos, reading, and playing Zelda Ocarina of Time. Although sleep will definitely be in order...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Tested positive this morning for covid ugh... feel absolutely shocking... first time getting it, it's fiiinally happened. Woke up yesterday with a bit of a headache and sore throat, so decided to test and it was negative so just went about my day. Crashed hard later.

So today spending my day extracting some fine Peruvian espressos, reading, and playing Zelda Ocarina of Time. Although sleep will definitely be in order...
Feel better.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It actually got a little crazy on day #2, because from the roof I watched about 8 to 10 guys open the gate and flood into the first floor of our hotel with sticks, pipes and bats. That was definitely a decision point on what to do now.

I'm still here at the moment but it's quiet now and a local driver is coming to get me out soon. I have another project elsewhere in this country.
Stay safe.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, wanted to take my last few years at work, doing my job in my current office...... but due to the corporate take over going on it is getting a bit hostile... and it looks like I may have to start looking for another office to transfer too. That or spend my last years in a constant battle with the possibility of being put back at first level help desk (tied to a desk with a phone strapped to my head) kind of like what I did 20 years ago.... title and pay grade would stay the same, but I can't take sitting at a desk or being on a phone 8 hours a day... Even my soon to retire (State employee) supervisor is recommending I do this..... I will be the last of the Mohicans as far as government employees go in that office.... time will tell, but I can start looking as soon as the youngest goes to college in a few months.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was the most interesting plane ride of my life so far. I didn't know we could be so close to landing and then shoot up so fast due to inclement weather. It felt like a third world comercial version of top gun. 😎
One of our most interesting flights was on a puddle jumper during a dive trip. We landed on a little island to drop off a couple. The runway literally ran clear across the island; if you overshot, you were in the water. When it was time to turn around and take off, the plane got stuck in a pot hole. The passengers had to get out and help push it out...

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Geez, stay safe, man. That stuff can go south in a hurry.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It’s so hard to remember less than 3 years ago, this stuff wasn’t happening yet. Take care of yourself.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Great Pyrenees. Basically a fuzzy horse.
The other name under consideration is Luke Skybarker.
We just had to put our pyr, Gus, down this weekend. They’re great dogs, but sadly the big ones don’t live very long lives. He was a good boy. We knew his hips were janky when we rescued him many years ago but they really deteriorated fast over the last year.

IMG_1894.jpeg

If you’re not familiar with the breed, they can be a real handful.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just had to put our pyr, Gus, down this weekend. They’re great dogs, but sadly the big ones don’t live very long lives. He was a good boy. We knew his hips were janky when we rescued him many years ago but they really deteriorated fast over the last year.

View attachment 29742

If you’re not familiar with the breed, they can be a real handful.
So sorry to hear that, Steve. We had to say goodbye to our oldest pup this year. It’s always hard. I’m glad Gus had some good years with you guys.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Just got a random idea. Probably not possible because alot of us live in different countries etc. But how awesome would a MT meet up be one day? Like a huge event. I'd Love to meet you guys and gals in person one day. Just a thought.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well, wanted to take my last few years at work, doing my job in my current office...... but due to the corporate take over going on it is getting a bit hostile... and it looks like I may have to start looking for another office to transfer too. That or spend my last years in a constant battle with the possibility of being put back at first level help desk (tied to a desk with a phone strapped to my head) kind of like what I did 20 years ago.... title and pay grade would stay the same, but I can't take sitting at a desk or being on a phone 8 hours a day... Even my soon to retire (State employee) supervisor is recommending I do this..... I will be the last of the Mohicans as far as government employees go in that office.... time will tell, but I can start looking as soon as the youngest goes to college in a few months.
That sucks man. It's times like this when a man needs bacon the most. Jk but I hope things work out for you and you can still get the retirement you are looking forward to. Wishing you the best Xue.