Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Been looking to get rid of the 30 pounds I put on during covid. Started once my back was better so ~ 2 weeks ago, with calorie counting and exercise.
I've lost 4-5 pounds so far, and realized today I'll have an issue if I continue. my new clothes will be loose, but my old clothes will still be tight. If I continue, I'll have to buy a lot of new jeans before I get my weight back down. Deciding if that's worth it
It's called a belt
And suspenders. Rock the 80s, man!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Been looking to get rid of the 30 pounds I put on during covid. Started once my back was better so ~ 2 weeks ago, with calorie counting and exercise.
I've lost 4-5 pounds so far, and realized today I'll have an issue if I continue. my new clothes will be loose, but my old clothes will still be tight. If I continue, I'll have to buy a lot of new jeans before I get my weight back down. Deciding if that's worth it
It's worth it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's worth it.

I second that

I gained 15 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years, after losing 36, and it is amazing how much difference that made. Now I'm working to get that 15 off and a few more too.

Its worth it

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
just found out Woody Strode trained Seishindo Kenpo.

GettyImages-607431802x-H-2021.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'd answer but I'm ignoring you :D

I have a couple on there as permanent residents.... but a few I put there from time to time because we need a time out
Probably a failing on my part, but there are certain things about a person that... once I know it, it's pretty much a done deal. I can't interact with that person in any way that is not through the lens of that thing they revealed about themselves. No longer interested in anything they have to share, and frankly, not willing to expend the energy to be polite about it. So, easiest just to ignore them.

For example, my youngest child is gay. Reveal to me that you're homophobic, and that is all I need to know about you to write you off.

I know that sounds like coded language, but it's about as direct as I can be here. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Probably a failing on my part, but there are certain things about a person that... once I know it, it's pretty much a done deal. I can't interact with that person in any way that is not through the lens of that thing they revealed about themselves. No longer interested in anything they have to share, and frankly, not willing to expend the energy to be polite about it. So, easiest just to ignore them.

For example, my youngest child is gay. Reveal to me that you're homophobic, and that is all I need to know about you to write you off.

I know that sounds like coded language, but it's about as direct as I can be here. :)

Wait..... did you just call me gay... homophobic... or both !? :D

When all some one wants to do is fight and argue and/or when I feel they no longer have anything I feel will contribute to any discussion...they get ignored.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Went from doing almost nothing at work to working pretty much nonstop. At the moment, I'm happy with the change

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I prefer being busy.
I prefer a job doing nothing. I know it's a brag, but I'm really good at doing nothing. I've tried my best to elevate doing nothing to an art form.

When I say "job" I'm referring to employment that allowed me to do full time Martial Arts. I worked in a sub shop for a year and half. Know how many subs I made? None. My job was to answer a phone and book gambling bets.

I so loved jobs where I did little to nothing. All the while thinking about Martial Arts and what we were going to do that night in class.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Did someone use language like that on here? I'm pretty sure that against the rules to bash peoples sexual preferences. Friendly martial art community. If I see someone saying stuff like that I'll say something.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So I went into target today for the first time in years and wow. I'm used to shopping at wally world so it was different. Initially just went there to buy a electric razor, but ended up getting a bunch of stuff lol. Overall I liked it, and I actually found a few things lower priced there.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I went into target today for the first time in years and wow. I'm used to shopping at wally world so it was different. Initially just went there to buy a electric razor, but ended up getting a bunch of stuff lol. Overall I liked it, and I actually found a few things lower priced there.
I always find stuff there that wally does not carry.
But at a premium usually.
And it's in the rich part of town. Folks there are so rude! They run you over with their art, and look at you like it's your fault!
I seldom go there.
Then again, I try to avoid wally's now, too. With an Aldi across the street, who needs them!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I prefer a job doing nothing. I know it's a brag, but I'm really good at doing nothing. I've tried my best to elevate doing nothing to an art form.

When I say "job" I'm referring to employment that allowed me to do full time Martial Arts. I worked in a sub shop for a year and half. Know how many subs I made? None. My job was to answer a phone and book gambling bets.

I so loved jobs where I did little to nothing. All the while thinking about Martial Arts and what we were going to do that night in class.
If I got a job like that I'd be fine with it. Security or concierge or something is fine..working in a cd store after cd's stopped being popular was fine by me. But getting hired for a job I should be doing a lot, and no one giving me work..that was concerning.

Latest Discussions