OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possible sissies.... but certainly not Barbarians
I was planning to start installing a Smart Mirror in Sue's Jeep today, but it's only going to be about 50F. Even with the garage heater, I'm not sure if I can stand it!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why that there is real warm in these here parts this time of year.... but equally as wrong....just on the other side of the thermometer
Sure, for outside. But unless your furnace broke down, I doubt the inside of your home was ever in the forties.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Whoa. What the heck?
Houses here don't have heat. Sometimes, under clear skies, it gets downright chilly at night. As for electric heaters, the price of electricity here is nuts. You would be better off just burning the money in the living room for heat.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
as far as you know....
OK, we can have separate categories for being intentionally shunned and being OBVIOUS about being intentionally shunned. I think we can agree that being shunned while being obvious about it is a much greater challenge.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, we can have separate categories for being intentionally shunned and being OBVIOUS about being intentionally shunned. I think we can agree that being shunned while being obvious about it is a much greater challenge.
I suppose I have been more subtle about it.
Then again....unless it gets to be 110 degrees, my weather is generally moderate.
Still....if it dips below 70, I AM FREEZING

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's 50 now and I am hovering over my heater.

Its 32 here and I'm sitting, comfortably, in my family room, which happens to be the coldest room in the house thanks to the french doors that make the entire back wall.... there is a fireplace..and it i not lit, and I have not turned the heat up at all.... I guess us Chinese Martial Arts folks in the Northeast are just made of tougher stuff

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Its 32 here and I'm sitting, comfortably, in my family room, which happens to be the coldest room in the house thanks to the french doors that make the entire back wall.... there is a fireplace..and it i not lit, and I have not turned the heat up at all.... I guess us Chinese Martial Arts folks in the Northeast are just made of tougher stuff
You are. That and because you're such a hot ---- you sometimes generate your own heat. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know...today is one of those days I really like to spend most of the day doing push hands and working on taijiquan applications....probably should work on falling and breakfalls first though..... but.....here I sit...in the office...typing on a computer instead....

4 years from this month..... and I will not have to sit here typing anymore...... I have 4 years to get falling and breakfalls back..... not exactly sure how great an idea that will be for a guy heading towards 70....... but I think I will just have to find out....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You know...today is one of those days I really like to spend most of the day doing push hands and working on taijiquan applications....probably should work on falling and breakfalls first though..... but.....here I sit...in the office...typing on a computer instead....

4 years from this month..... and I will not have to sit here typing anymore...... I have 4 years to get falling and breakfalls back..... not exactly sure how great an idea that will be for a guy heading towards 70....... but I think I will just have to find out....
Four years is a long time. As someone on a similar timeline, I go between trying to enjoy my remaining time and looking forward to retirement.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
and being at an age when each doctor visit starts with 'have you fallen in the past 3 months?'

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We are being invaded by ants. Such is life in the tropics at times.

They're all taking the bait right now, you can almost hear them partying. They will be no more in a few hours. Until the next time.

Latest Discussions