Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just watched the movie "iron Mask" with Jackie Chan and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Well, when I say watch I mean I saw the beginning and then fast forwarded through much of it to get to the end. After getting through it, my recommendation is....don't.... it is pretty darn awful... the trailer has the best parts.....it would not be bad if that was the whole movie.......but it isn't

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some movies are so terrible that they wrap clear around the other side.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Been raining for 2 days, suppose to rain everyday next week, except for Monday. Flood warnings all over the place, but I'm not worried about flooding at my house. If floods reach my house it is time to build an ark and start collecting 2 of every animal....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
sun is shining
Yesterday it was cool and a little breezy.....
Not sure about today.

last night I browsed Craigslist for animals......ohhhhhhhhh I should not.
especially not sheep and goats.
need some chickens and rabbits (never gonna eat either, but I need the poop.)

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
sun is shining
Yesterday it was cool and a little breezy.....
Not sure about today.

last night I browsed Craigslist for animals......ohhhhhhhhh I should not.
especially not sheep and goats.
need some chickens and rabbits (never gonna eat either, but I need the poop.)
ROFLMFAO!🤣

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
hate movies where all the good parts are in the trailer.....
Even worse than that -

Twenty years ago my wife and I went to the movies. The previews of coming attractions showed a film "Hanging Up", with Water Matheau, Meg Ryan, Diane Keaton. The preview was quite funny.

So my wife and I went the following week to see it. It was about three sisters caring for an elderly father who had been an a-hole his whole life, was now ailing and had dementia. It was a horribly depressing movie - the exact opposite of what the trailer showed. Why? Because the producers knew that had a clunker that would never sell. They put every three second laugh into that trailer.

May Karma rip their souls out.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
seems nobody can beat that!
I just bought some paper to cut up
or rather I just bought sewing patterns to print and cut up.
I have found that snipping paper is a marvelous way for me to decompress.
I wish I could find some cool craft things though like they had in kid's magazines way back when. Like whole castles and such!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's amazing to me how people on some forums come in asking for direct advice/a direct question, get a bunch of responses all saying one thing, then states they're going to do the opposite of that thing. I wonder sometimes what the point is of even asking.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's amazing to me how people on some forums come in asking for direct advice/a direct question, get a bunch of responses all saying one thing, then states they're going to do the opposite of that thing. I wonder sometimes what the point is of even asking.
the online world, and Barney fallout.....
it is not unique to the MA forums either. I mean, even if you do not intend to follow the advice, say thank you, and 'lot's to think about' or so, and be done with it.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
seems nobody can beat that!
I just bought some paper to cut up
or rather I just bought sewing patterns to print and cut up.
I have found that snipping paper is a marvelous way for me to decompress.
I wish I could find some cool craft things though like they had in kid's magazines way back when. Like whole castles and such!
I loved those things. Like in the Highlights magazines. Right? I haven't looked, but I bet they make "adult" versions to buy.

I'm messing around with kumiko woodworking. My son-in-law wants to make an electric guitar for my daughter, and we're trying to make one that is a kumiko design.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I often wonder the same thing

I was asked by a department in my office to spec out laptops for them. THey had an idea of what they wanted and told me. After a couple days I came back with the laptops I recommended and also told them the one they were looking at is nothing but trouble as well as telling them "Do Not Order It"........ they order the one I expressly told them not to order...several of them actually

Now I get to tell them, every single time they bring one to me to fix..... I told you so.....

Happens in the real world too

Latest Discussions