All weight is underside
Reaction score
In other tasty news... yesh pahleash!!!
b67c2d55f3c37372239faeff76b98c4e.jpg

hold the bacon and it's not too bad

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Part 7 already? Hot dang! Didn't even realize part 6 was full yet.

Sidenote... You know what's weird? People that say sentences like, "if I've learned anything in life..." or "If life has taught me anything..."

Whenever people do this, the next thing that comes outta their mouth is usually gonna be some sort of rudimentary or mundane piece of advice. Please don't get mad at me if you do this. :bag:

Hahaha so true... like "If I've learned anything in life... it's that the world is your oyster/life is what you make it/if life gives you lemons..."

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
A friend just wrote on FaceBook that "The Italian Dr. Fauci orchestrated the pandemic." That he actually created the virus and gave it to China for them to experiment with. And then two comments later, said that he tries not to be conspiratorial. I... just don't know how to deal with this. This is a guy I've known for 20 years, and he's been sucked into a cult. And he's saying these crazy, crazy things in such a matter of fact manner.

Oh man.... seriously... sorry man that's hard especially when it's a friend of that long a time. I had a friend recently spread some nonsense, and yeah honestly it's hard to know how to deal with it..

I'm trying to separate the person and why they're my friend from the beliefs they may have, as a person is more than the sum of their parts, but it is really hard especially with things of that nature... don't have any advice sorry brother.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Years ago, when I worked the tree farm in Pa. It was on the side of a mountain and it was winter. I was out walking around in snowshoes and the temp was -20. That did not include the windchill, and it was darn windy. My uncles dog, who was with me, was a bouvier des flandres, he was running around chasing leaves blowing in the wind. The cold did not bother him at all
Wow... can't imagine working in that... I guess you'd get used to it possibly...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Oh man.... seriously... sorry man that's hard especially when it's a friend of that long a time. I had a friend recently spread some nonsense, and yeah honestly it's hard to know how to deal with it..

I'm trying to separate the person and why they're my friend from the beliefs they may have, as a person is more than the sum of their parts, but it is really hard especially with things of that nature... don't have any advice sorry brother.
To be clear, it doesn't make me like him less. He's actually a very nice guy. But man, he's hip deep in some crazy stuff. It's easier when these kooks are arrogant, overtly racist a-holes. Those dudes are easy to dismiss. But the gullible, undereducated, trusting nice guys who have been manipulated... would like to bring at least a few of those back.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
New last post....

My first post in LPv7....its 2 degrees fahrenheit here with a windchill of -14 degrees...with a warning for a windchill of -30 later today

That's about -16 degrees Celsius or 254 degrees Kelvin
Here I am thinking the 15 degrees (feeling like 4 with windchill) was bad. This is why Im glad i dont live those 3 extra hours north

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Y'all make me feel bad that I went to the store with just a thin jacket on...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
To continue from the other thread-we definitely got a link on a forum somewhere, or in a new SEO list or new advertising or something. Now we've got a random person who found us looking for help on a different site, so we must have come up when he was looking for that somehow.
Yeah seriously... where did all these new people come from?? It's great, but puzzling!

Addition: I'm thinkin perhaps it's from people finding things to do during their lockdowns, jumping in on online MA classes, and now finding forums to chat..

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A friend just wrote on FaceBook that "The Italian Dr. Fauci orchestrated the pandemic." That he actually created the virus and gave it to China for them to experiment with. And then two comments later, said that he tries not to be conspiratorial. I... just don't know how to deal with this. This is a guy I've known for 20 years, and he's been sucked into a cult. And he's saying these crazy, crazy things in such a matter of fact manner.

Do you think it's related to the world being shutdown for so long now? Has he been mostly at home these last nine months?

Or has he just gone whack?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To be clear, it doesn't make me like him less. He's actually a very nice guy. But man, he's hip deep in some crazy stuff. It's easier when these kooks are arrogant, overtly racist a-holes. Those dudes are easy to dismiss. But the gullible, undereducated, trusting nice guys who have been manipulated... would like to bring at least a few of those back.

I'm in the same position with folks I know. But, fortunately there's some that are trending the other way. They actually get it now.

But the ones that have been seemingly brainwashed are very troubling to me. I've not been in this position before, not sure what to do.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

C'mon man. You do the same thing in nearly every post. You try to dress it up with word speak but yea, at the end of the day it is the same kind of stupid sxxt.
I think I know the answer but are you really so vain that you not see are sucked into a similar cultist mentality? Or is your horse just that high? Feeling pretty bad for you right now.
Judge lest you be judged.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

This is a variation on an old conspiracy theory. There was an issue prior to the pandemic, about a harvard, researchers and releasing a virus in China. there was a person in my office spreading this story, so I researched it, the story and they still held onto the belief, but everyone else ignored it

No Link Between Harvard Scientist Charles Lieber and Coronavirus - FactCheck.org

But then China is also spreading interesting stories as to how the virus got to China, and most of those point to it starting in America. All the doctors my wife associates with, in and out of China all say...it started in China

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Do you think it's related to the world being shutdown for so long now? Has he been mostly at home these last nine months?

Or has he just gone whack?
Well, this guy has always been a little into conspiracy theories. I remember once many years ago, he came bursting into the room we were in. He was super excited and said, "Guys. They found Bigfoot!!".

Edit:. Found it. It was this he was excited about.
Bigfoot 'discovery' confirmed as fake

Last edited:

Latest Discussions