Last Poster #7

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Supposed to be boarding a plane right now...just got informed that it was cancelled via a test about 2 hours ago.

American Airlines had a wait time of 15 minutes, but kept hanging up on both of us at about 10 minutes in. Finally got a hold of someone, they offered a plane at newark in 1 hour at time of call...could have made it if didn't take us over an hour to get in contact with them. Instead, we will be arriving late tonight, and missing the whiskey distillery tour we had booked (only happens on saturdays)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See, it's all this weather talk that calms me down when I start thinking about moving. Yeah, the cost of living is high around here, but there is a reason. Beautiful Summers, green trees, lots of great things to do, and the Winters (while dark and dreary) are mild and generally uneventful.
Where we live feels like a perfect winter, most years. We get one or two "real" snows (more than 4", rarely more than 8"), and maybe some dustings. The worst years, we might get one icy storm.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Supposed to be boarding a plane right now...just got informed that it was cancelled via a test about 2 hours ago.

American Airlines had a wait time of 15 minutes, but kept hanging up on both of us at about 10 minutes in. Finally got a hold of someone, they offered a plane at newark in 1 hour at time of call...could have made it if didn't take us over an hour to get in contact with them. Instead, we will be arriving late tonight, and missing the whiskey distillery tour we had booked (only happens on saturdays)
Update to this-we made it, just 7 hours later than we expected. And the distillery was willing to give us a private tour on wednesday.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Where we live feels like a perfect winter, most years. We get one or two "real" snows (more than 4", rarely more than 8"), and maybe some dustings. The worst years, we might get one icy storm.
You’re in NC? Do you get hurricanes where you live? Tornadoes? I’m sincerely curious. We have thought about visiting down there to see if it’s someplace to consider.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
last night I somehow watched the end of louging.....and there was some really bizarre program after the rounds. I was not sure if I got the audio version of a C-Pop soap or what. My Chinese is a little rusty, I was wishing I had Xue on speed dial for the translation.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
1) There is a whole lot of stupid out there on the roads today, much more than usual.

2) The level of incompetence of those in charge of all thing Computer at the main office is absolutely mindboggling

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
1) There is a whole lot of stupid out there on the roads today, much more than usual.

2) The level of incompetence of those in charge of all thing Computer at the main office is absolutely mindboggling
Sounds like fun.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sounds like fun.

It is...
They don't appear to understand that if you come up with an new policy, that effect virtually everyone. And then you then put that new policy in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet, in the back of a disused lavatory with a sign on the door that says "Beware of the Leopard" that it is really not enforceable.... and since the policy also attempts to cross legal lines, they have no right to cross.... since they are not law enforcement......being enforceable becomes the least of their worries....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It is...
They don't appear to understand that if you come up with an new policy, that effect virtually everyone. And then you then put that new policy in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet, in the back of a disused lavatory with a sign on the door that says "Beware of the Leopard" that it is really not enforceable.... and since the policy also attempts to cross legal lines, they have no right to cross.... since they are not law enforcement......being enforceable becomes the least of their worries....
Sounds amazing. :D

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
My work day, at this point... to quote one of my favorite philosophers.... Popeye....

That is honestly where I am at and seriously considering calling it a day..... and taking another swing at it tomorrow
Spinach every day. That's my motto!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That' it, stick a fork in me, I'm done....a system I administer.... I can still access, but can't join....my account in the system has mysteriously vanished which is why my office smartphone does not work and also why I can't set up the new one I was issued....... Yeah...I'm going... home... the IT pariah is out

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Marmots in the olympics. Curling and Judo were my favorites, but others were cute, too.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
That' it, stick a fork in me, I'm done....a system I administer.... I can still access, but can't join....my account in the system has mysteriously vanished which is why my office smartphone does not work and also why I can't set up the new one I was issued....... Yeah...I'm going... home... the IT pariah is out
Amituofo!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The iPhone sagas...
I have been told, they're working on it.....

I now have my old iPhone, that can send and receive email, but it cannot receive phone calls or make calls
My New iPhone that can receive phone calls but it can't make calls or send and receive email...

Yup....got to love efficiency in government

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The iPhone sagas...
I have been told, they're working on it.....

I now have my old iPhone, that can send and receive email, but it cannot receive phone calls or make calls
My New iPhone that can receive phone calls but it can't make calls or send and receive email...

Yup....got to love efficiency in government
why the good lord made alcohol.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
why the good lord made alcohol.

1644450040897.jpeg

Latest Discussions