Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
No need to include me in that post - that kind of food is entirely her purview around here. I'm not even sure what those are - but I'm sure the Hobbit does.
They are dumplings. Vareniki is what in America is called pierogi for some reason. And pelmeni are like vareniki but one third of the size. I know how to make them, but they are very labor-intensive. I will require minions.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It reminds me of the time I was in the Marine Corps and somehow I got sent to work in the base museum as a tour guide. It was right after I came off deployment. I was in the infantry so we had a slight potty mouth. One day I'm standing in formation and they call my name and say I had orders to Parris Island to teach at the rifle range. I get to Parris Island and they had no idea I was coming so they said they didn't have any room at the range so they sent me to the museum where my main job was to take families on tours during the family day. About 4 months later a Major walks in and says they had some complaints about my language on the tours and they found a spot at the Range for me lol.
That's a great story! Hey, people always complain going to a museum is dull because the guides are so boring. You shook things up a bit. ;)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It reminds me of the time I was in the Marine Corps and somehow I got sent to work in the base museum as a tour guide. It was right after I came off deployment. I was in the infantry so we had a slight potty mouth. One day I'm standing in formation and they call my name and say I had orders to Parris Island to teach at the rifle range. I get to Parris Island and they had no idea I was coming so they said they didn't have any room at the range so they sent me to the museum where my main job was to take families on tours during the family day. About 4 months later a Major walks in and says they had some complaints about my language on the tours and they found a spot at the Range for me lol.
Well, you got the desired result. Mission accomplished.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's a great story! Hey, people always complain going to a museum is dull because the guides are so boring. You shook things up a bit. ;)
I did. I think the final straw was making fun of Navy SEALS and there was a retired SEAL on the tour. We would all get on a bus and the driver would drive all over the base and Id tell people what everything was. There was an elementary school on base but it was surrounded by thick woods. SO all you saw was the woods for like 45 seconds. Id always say "Coming up on the left once we clear the woods is a high tech Navy SEAL training facility. They all come here specifically to train here" As we cleared the woods you would see the schools playground with monkey bars and slides. Everyone would laugh.....well except that one guy.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are dumplings. Vareniki is what in America is called pierogi for some reason. And pelmeni are like vareniki but one third of the size. I know how to make them, but they are very labor-intensive. I will require minions.
I'm sure I can find volunteers among the house denizens. It is food, after all.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Luck.
I will try to do some stuff today.
Although we did not drink last night, the night was short and I am tired.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Happy New Year. I’m going to try and make beef Wellington today. Wish me luck.

Let me know how that comes out. I've been thinking about making Wellington for the first time.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here's a tardis I made a few years back for a promotion at B&N. It sadly was not bigger on the inside, but I'm still pretty proud of it.
teWuIKf

Very cool, can I use it? I left a killer denim shirt at a gal's house in 76.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oldest made New Years Brunch today.....it was delicious.....and a REAL big difference from when he use to make lunch for us when he was in high school...today was an egg/ham/cheese breakfast casserole and something else that was squash, zucchini, chicken sausage, tomatoes and tomato sauce. And a carrot cake with a cream cheese frosting.....I made pancakes.....

Now in high school I actually had to tell say to him "you do realize there is more to eat than just meat right"...to which the next time he made lunch he made, chicken strips, sausage, turkey burgers and 3 (yes exactly 3) pieces of breaded fried egg plant

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm tired.......and feel like doing absolutely nothing....except possibly sitting in my recliner with a rather large cup of tea.......reading a book....or 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions